IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

"ACC Rolfe said her officers would not tolerate any football related violence and their actions are fully supported by both football clubs, who have vowed to ban anyone arrested today for life."

Anyone else see the problem with the last bit? :o

I missed this post when skim-reading the thread.

If true, I do see a slight conflict with this.

You've got to feel for the police here, damned if they do and damned if they don't!

A high profile game in which idiots brought shame upon the clubs and got us national news air time. They knew the law, and either ignored it or got themselves drunk and couldn't help themselves.

Could it have been dealt with there? Possibly but as a previous poster stated, riot police entering the stands often insights more idiotic behaviour and results in more injuries and 'oh the police have over-reacted again ' comments. - damned if they do etc.

Yes it is a strong message, but why not send out a strong message? These fools will be punished and publicly embarrassed. This action will certainly make others think twice!

Many of the 16 have probably been dining out on their 'glory ' since, and a knock on the door at first light would shake the to the core! I can't comment on their offences I have no idea, but these are clearly wrong doers, and whether serious offences or running in the pitch, a stand has been made! Let's be honest, the police must be sure of their eggs to do this !

Was it Burke who said .'all that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing' sadly we sem to have a vocal element that acknowledge the wrongdoing but hey it's not the end of the world! Imagine a world where breaking the law and bringing shame upon a club was ignored and chalked up to high spirits- the thin blue line between society and anarchy would disappear forever .

Bang em up if guilty and ban them for a long time!

Got a txt from a mate who's Brother got done for the same thing this morning all he did was run from the Dolman to the Williams exit by the Ateyo.

If it's all on camera, and he didn't go towards the away support, then I can't see why he should get convicted for running across the pitch in the excitement.  In my mind, there is a difference between that, and those who went on the pitch and headed for confrontation.

• Admin

"ACC Rolfe said her officers would not tolerate any football related violence and their actions are fully supported by both football clubs, who have vowed to ban anyone arrested today for life."

Anyone else see the problem with the last bit? :o

Wow, you could be a young kid, who has been arrested for running on the pitch, with no malice, other than to celebrate and take the piss a bit and that could be it, a life ban - now I'm no apologist for hooligans and yobs, I think they have buggered up the away days, causing the treatment we get at the hands of the OB when arriving at stations etc.

But, a life ban for running on the pitch - really? (Yes, yes, I know its an offence, but the punishment seems disproportionate).

If any of those arrested are charged and convicted with criminal damage, assualt or similar, then thats a different slant on it and they deserve whats coming.

You've got to feel for the police here, damned if they do and damned if they don't!

A high profile game in which idiots brought shame upon the clubs and got us national news air time. They knew the law, and either ignored it or got themselves drunk and couldn't help themselves.

Could it have been dealt with there? Possibly but as a previous poster stated, riot police entering the stands often insights more idiotic behaviour and results in more injuries and 'oh the police have over-reacted again ' comments. - damned if they do etc.

Yes it is a strong message, but why not send out a strong message? These fools will be punished and publicly embarrassed. This action will certainly make others think twice!

Many of the 16 have probably been dining out on their 'glory ' since, and a knock on the door at first light would shake the to the core! I can't comment on their offences I have no idea, but these are clearly wrong doers, and whether serious offences or running in the pitch, a stand has been made! Let's be honest, the police must be sure of their eggs to do this !

Was it Burke who said .'all that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing' sadly we sem to have a vocal element that acknowledge the wrongdoing but hey it's not the end of the world! Imagine a world where breaking the law and bringing shame upon a club was ignored and chalked up to high spirits- the thin blue line between society and anarchy would disappear forever .

Bang em up if guilty and ban them for a long time!

and wasn't it Himler who said " better that 100 innocent men hang than one guilty man goes free" ?

Take your cameras with you on the 12th april, v Walsall, if you want to record what coppers are like at matches.

guarantee they will have a few in riot gear! They just love Bristolians. I wouldnt p on a west midlands copper if he was on fire.

Those who have been there know what im saying, any first timer beware, speaking to them is an offence.

Take your cameras with you on the 12th april, v Walsall, if you want to record what coppers are like at matches.

guarantee they will have a few in riot gear! They just love Bristolians. I wouldnt p on a west midlands copper if he was on fire.

Those who have been there know what im saying, any first timer beware, speaking to them is an offence.

aye Avon an Somerset are angles compared to those bunch of thugs

Would like to see the cctv evidence before judging and am not prepared to cast yhe first moralistic stone re violence.

However, read a piece on how the public dictates policy.

I would rather not the police spray an baton, which wsd there unwarranted policy at.the rugby groung in 07..

I would rather this way, but yellow t shirt man s

Would like to see the cctv evidence before judging and am not prepared to cast yhe first moralistic stone re violence.

However, read a piece on how the public dictates policy.

I would rather not the police spray an baton, which wsd there unwarranted policy at.the rugby groung in 07..

I would rather this way, but yellow t shirt man s

?????????????????

Dawn raids to arrest people for going on to a football pitch to celebrate a win seems about right for modern day Britain.

Must crack down on spontaneous happiness wherever that may be, we can't have people going around and doing things that aren't controlled by the state.

Tomorrow I hope they arrests that big titted weather girl Carol on the BBC, she asking for trouble smiling at us like that, how has she got away with it for so long.

Be better off doing dawn raids on them there Utility Companys CEO's they are getting away with daylight robbery....... oh but it's not their fault...... yeah right

Slight difference in tone between the statements from the 2 clubs.

City statement: 'Anyone found guilt of these offences... can expect a lifetime ban from Ashton Gate.'

Rovers statement: 'If those arrested are found guilty, life time banning orders will be considered if appropriate'.

City statement: 'Anyone found guilt of these offences... can expect a lifetime ban from Ashton Gate.'

Rovers statement: 'If those arrested are found guilty, life time banning orders will be considered if thought appropriate'.

Fair play to the gas

• Admin

Got a txt from a mate who's Brother got done for the same thing this morning all he did was run from the Dolman to the Williams exit by the Ateyo.

All he has done is get caught up in the moment and excitement of beating your local rivals, sorry but totally over the top.

Lifetime ban?

I admit I went on the pitch after the Rotherham game and shall hereby ban myself for life from Ashton Gate.

Rovers statement: 'If those arrested are found guilty, life time banning orders will be considered if appropriate'.

Slightly different and no Rovers fans were on the pitch.

• Admin

No way, you don't get out of it that easily! :P

Have you ever been on the pitch at the end of the season? If so you should follow the club's wishes and ban yourself for life too. Looks like I will be saving myselfa shed load of money!

You actually think that anyone going on the pitch, if that was the only offence committed, should receive a lifetime ban?

I reckon most people would think that a little harsh, especially if it were a first offence.

No just stating that it is different for each club. Let's not forget Rovers have a habit of letting things like this go time after time.

Have you ever been on the pitch at the end of the season? If so you should follow the club's wishes and ban yourself for life too. Looks like I will be saving myselfa shed load of money!

I walked onto the pitch after Barnsley a few years back just to take some pictures of the ground. I'll be handing myself in tomorrow morning!

You actually think that anyone going on the pitch, if that was the only offence committed, should receive a lifetime ban?

I reckon most people would think that a little harsh, especially if it were a first offence.

its would be a case by case basis for me, the majority of people who went on the pitch that night did no harm, its the idiots who ran right for the gas heads are the ones that will recieve bans whether that be life or a year will be up to the the club,

You can't compare it to the rotherham or Crystal palace invasions where most of ashton gate emptied on to the pitch in celebration

I highly doubt that it was anyone running on the pitch.. especially if the police have arrested 45 people in connection and only 14 were City... Maybe, just maybe there was trouble outside the ground before and after the game? CCTV isn't just confined to the ground.

Someone mentioned 14 City, 24 Gas and 7 others... who were these others? No connection with football I take it or were they troublemakers from other clubs?

I highly doubt that it was anyone running on the pitch.. especially if the police have arrested 45 people in connection and only 14 were City... Maybe, just maybe there was trouble outside the ground before and after the game? CCTV isn't just confined to the ground.

Someone mentioned 14 City, 24 Gas and 7 others... who were these others? No connection with football I take it or were they troublemakers from other clubs?

the 7 others were people breaching football banning orders

I seriously doubt whether these lifetime bans are enforceable by the club. Yeah these people won't be able to get season tickets, as the name/address will flag up on the system but who's gonna stop any of these people paying cash on the day.

Their photo's might be up on the ticket office wall for a few months but then...... 

Unless the ticket office gets facial recognition software, which is highly unlikey as it can't even handle a bloody barcode at the moment, these people will be let in again once the dust has settled.

This feels dirty but fair play Rovers, this is the right way to go about it.

Archived