IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

This feels dirty but fair play Rovers, this is the right way to go about it.

Depends what the 'offences' are to my mind. I would have thought, and indeed hope, that City would not make such a statement without knowing full well what the offences are. In short, they must be bad enough for them to come out with such a no-tolerance remark.

Conversely, perhaps Rovers already know that some of the offences attributed to their fans are rather luke warm, in part, and by comparison.

Depends what the 'offences' are to my mind. I would have thought, and indeed hope, that City would not make such a statement without knowing full well what the offences are. In short, they must be bad enough for them to come out with such a no-tolerance remark.

Conversely, perhaps Rovers already know that some of the offences attributed to their fans are rather luke warm, in part, and by comparison.

Good point didn't think about that. I suspect the offences are bad enough to expect a knock on your door at 05am and with only 40 odd people being sought it can only be for the more serious crimes.

I read with interest the club's statement which says lifetime bans have already been handed out to fans who committed "serious criminal offences" in the away game against Cardiff.... Have I missed something or since when did throwing a plastic cup at someone constitute a serious criminal offence?? Have seen worse on a school playground...

When cautions are being handed out for rape in this country one has to ask are sentences and reactions from the authorities and vast majority of supporters (so it would seem) proportionate?

Sad to see the usual apologists for the vermin out in force.

Affray is a serious offence, so's GBH. Why shouldn't people get nicked for it?

We're talking about the few dozen worst offenders here not the thousands that ran on the pitch. They'll have CCTV evidence for each one.

Stop trying to help the scumbags hide and excusing their actions, it's just as embarrassing.

Give it a rest you drama queen.

Slightly different and no Rovers fans were on the pitch.

Slightly different, but potentially very significantly different.

The wording of their statement leaves the way open for Rovers to in fact issue no life bans at all if they don't feel it 'appropriate', whereas City seem to be stating that life bans will be the inevitable outcome for convicted City fans.

No just stating that it is different for each club. Let's not forget Rovers have a habit of letting things like this go time after time.

You said it.

Whether you agree or disagree about the way things have gone down and the severity of the clubs action, you cant escape the fact that the club has taken a stance and is sending the stongest message possible.

This message will now have to be consistant moving forward as we all know what the punishments are... 

Slightly different and no Rovers fans were on the pitch.

I heard on the radio this morning that 50 seats were smashed up. I wasn't aware of City doing this, but we know the Gas did because we have seen the footage.

We also know that some of the seats were thrown at City, so I would guess most of the seat chuckers are on CCTV.

Hard to get off that one I would of thought!

I'm not the one whinging about dawn raids and doors being smashed in. I'm just glad that the police are persuing violent scum. Carry on looking for excuses and apologising for them though.

Yawn. All innocent until proven guilty. No doubt the high drama of the dawn raids appeal to your love of overblown rhetoric and smugness.

Going on the pitch means that you are leaving yourself open to be prosecuted but I remember the club being proud of the fans on the pitch when we got promoted using the photos whenever they could.but this was different especially when they went in front of the Gas fans,that was provocative and should be dealt with in the correct manor.    

I know quite a few of those arrested,city and rovers,some of the charges are yet again a complete joke,where as some of them are going to do a stretch inside,with several having suspended sentences hanging over them.also when you see the addresses of those arrested don't assume they are all rovers fans,quite a few of the city fans are from this neck of the woods.

We all knew this was going to happen though.

Dawn raids have been happening all over the country for years.

Any football related trouble is treated differently to other offences, it's been the same for 20 years.

We had the same after the 96? Pitch invasion ( chasing the gas players off the pitch) and a lot learnt from that and realised a jail sentence would be next if caught playing up.

It's the way things are done now,like it or not.

In the 80's and 90's we got away with things, it doesn't work like that now, it's a mugs game in 2013.

Indeed, we live in a completely different country now to how things were 20 to 30 years ago. There are now more cameras in and around Ashton Gate than on a fleet of Japanese tourist buses in London. Police can sift through the pictures at their leisure with maximum financial backing from the Oxbridge educated Con-Dem muppet political administration that see football supporters as lowlife oik scum.

A lot of people are still not getting it. The club statement was very clear. They want to create a family atmosphere at the club, and anyone who acts or behaves aggressively is simply not welcome at the club.

The warnings have been clear, not least after the Cardiff game. The club have a zero tolerance policy on this matter.

What amazes me is that so many people think that the club (or the police) won't follow through with their threats.

What else does the club need to do?

Yawn. All innocent until proven guilty. No doubt the high drama of the dawn raids appeal to your love of overblown rhetoric and smugness.

Of course they're innocent until proven guilty but if you're not willing to engage both braincells and realise the only ones nicked will be the ones on CCTV - reality is they're all going to get convicted.

I'd suggest you steer clear of words you don't know how to use properly.

Of course they're innocent until proven guilty but if you're not willing to engage both braincells and realise the only ones nicked will be the ones on CCTV - reality is they're all going to get convicted.

I'd suggest you steer clear of words you don't know how to use properly.

The violent scum are now innocent? Make your mind up.

A lot of people are still not getting it. The club statement was very clear. They want to create a family atmosphere at the club, and anyone who acts or behaves aggressively is simply not welcome at the club.

The warnings have been clear, not least after the Cardiff game. The club have a zero tolerance policy on this matter.

What amazes me is that so many people think that the club (or the police) won't follow through with their threats.

Is this the same club how have called for a hostile Ashton Gate so that away teams hate playing there?

• Admin

Well as others have mentioned, not use photos of fans committing a criminal offence for publicity to show the passion of the fans. I'm sure if I was arrested for simply entering the field of play I would be arguing that the club turn a blind eye to it on occasion and promote it on others and it requires a consistent approach for the charge to stand. Something or other about precedent. But in the first instance I'd ask my brother for some free advice.

I think this is excellent work by the police, we would be complaining far more if they weren't doing their job

Let's keep the YOBS out of Ashton Gate.

The biggest mob that night was the police

How they are seemingly being applauded on here for dealing with something two months down the line is bizzare

Zero tolerance they said.....?

Archived