IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

Oh dear! Let's all feel sorry for the naughty boys, stupid enough to get caught on cctv doing naughty things. Look if the evidence proves individuals committed offences, then i and many other proper fans would rather they never set foot at the Gate again. Try not to worry yourself over it too much, it's not like they're friends of yours is it? I feel sure you wouldn't mix with such idiots!

I'm not in the least bit worried about it mr 'proper fan' I am however slightly concerned that I've no idea what your talking about. I'll ask again if jet elbows an opponent in the face on saturday( which will be on camera) do you want him arrested and banned from Ashton gate?

A simple yes or no will suffice, unless your too busy checking your rosette and scarf ready for tomorrow you proper fan you.

If jet was to walk up to another player and punch him, then I would have no problem with him being banned. The problem for most football clubs as we all know is that it is extremely difficult to terminate a players contract. For me the point is when Jet enters the field of play, he is not intent on being violent. Whereas the low life you so pathetically support, had no other reason to be there than to cause trouble. This in a court of law makes a big difference. Anyway, i need to get back to polishing my 'fan of the year cup' and you can get back to hugging a hoodie!

Legal normalities re violence go out of the window in a sporting context, otherwise boxers would all be inside wouldn't they? That rules the elbowing example out. Not sure why Duncan Ferguson was charged for head butting, mind.

Think most people want justice to sum it up, though.

If jet was to walk up to another player and punch him, then I would have no problem with him being banned. The problem for most football clubs as we all know is that it is extremely difficult to terminate a players contract. For me the point is when Jet enters the field of play, he is not intent on being violent. Whereas the low life you so pathetically support, had no other reason to be there than to cause trouble. This in a court of law makes a big difference. Anyway, i need to get back to polishing my 'fan of the year cup' and you can get back to hugging a hoodie!

How do you know if a players intent on being violent or not? Roy keane went out to intentionally 'do' alf Inge haaland did he not? Likewise how do you know who went to the game intent on causing trouble and who just got caught up in some aggro unintentionally?

Your just making daft sweeping statements about things you have no knowledge of.

Your polishing something mate but I don't reckon its a trophy.

Here's a question.

Years ago, we were playing the gas at our place, it was when they had half the park end.  As I left the Dolman, a gashead came charging at me so I belted him. Yes, I was aggressive but I was always going to defend myself. As I actually threw a punch (before the gashead could), should I get a life ban? By the attitude of some on here, I should even though I did nothing wrong.

Here's a question.

Years ago, we were playing the gas at our place, it was when they had half the park end.  As I left the Dolman, a gashead came charging at me so I belted him. Yes, I was aggressive but I was always going to defend myself. As I actually threw a punch (before the gashead could), should I get a life ban? By the attitude of some on here, I should even though I did nothing wrong.

Well I s'pose self-defence is fair game, but as none on here are likely to know the exact reality of each and every of the 16 cases then really the whole bloody thread's just what it is, unfounded speculation in the main.

This ain't a court of law, mate.

Well I s'pose self-defence is fair game, but as none on here are likely to know the exact reality of each and every of the 16 cases then really the whole bloody thread's just what it is, unfounded speculation in the main.

This ain't a court of law, mate.

I appreciate that bud, just asking the question as my actions, long ago, seemed to fit those that people are being banned for.

Cause trouble in any football ground and you're fair game for being banned but to give life bans for some of the things being mentioned seems totally OTT in my humble opinion.

I genuinely hope the club have a rethink on SOME of the bans being handed out IF they are for trivial things.

I'm not sure anybody on this thread is condoning football hooliganism. The issue is one of proportionality. Football fans are often subjected to draconian legislation and the tactics the police use to enforce these draconian laws often involve excessive force and intentional provocation.

There was no excessive force or intentional provocation at the derby was there?  

How do you know if a players intent on being violent or not? Roy keane went out to intentionally 'do' alf Inge haaland did he not? Likewise how do you know who went to the game intent on causing trouble and who just got caught up in some aggro unintentionally?

Your just making daft sweeping statements about things you have no knowledge of.

Your polishing something mate but I don't reckon its a trophy.

When those supporters ran on the pitch with clenched fists violently gesturing toward the away end (as the cctv evidence i have seen supports) they were hell bent on causing trouble. Whereas I believe it would very difficult to prove, (even a player like Roy Keane) would enter the field intent on violence. Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound, these poor misguided fans just got Swept up in a wave of violence and just couldn't help themselves. There were thousands of decent people at the game that night, myself included that were able to control our Neanderthal instincts! I wonder how many of those idiots who unceremoniously had to skip breakfast thanks to our boys in blue,have previous? I am sure when they have they're day in court we'll find out how innocent they really are. Anyway, back to the brasso!

When those supporters ran on the pitch with clenched fists violently gesturing toward the away end (as the cctv evidence i have seen supports) they were hell bent on causing trouble. Whereas I believe it would very difficult to prove, (even a player like Roy Keane) would enter the field intent on violence. Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound, these poor misguided fans just got Swept up in a wave of violence and just couldn't help themselves. There were thousands of decent people at the game that night, myself included that were able to control our Neanderthal instincts! I wonder how many of those idiots who unceremoniously had to skip breakfast thanks to our boys in blue,have previous? I am sure when they have they're day in court we'll find out how innocent they really are. Anyway, back to the brasso!

Haha talk about gilding the lily! " clenched fists violently gesturing" "swept up in a wave of violence" how sensational and a load of tripe. As nick j stated earlier if they wanted a fight they could have had one by easily running past the stewards, apart from some moronic coin throwing it was all harmless piss taking and posturing by excited kids after a derby win over our bitter rivals. You think I sound pathetic? Listen to yourself you come over like an hysterical old women.

Really derby games are not for you my old petal not with all those testosterone fuelled hoodlums running about, stick to your polishing and dream of the day you can sit side by side with gas fans singing sea shantys and sharing prawn sandwiches

Haha talk about gilding the lily! " clenched fists violently gesturing" "swept up in a wave of violence" how sensational and a load of tripe. As nick j stated earlier if they wanted a fight they could have had one by easily running past the stewards, apart from some moronic coin throwing it was all harmless piss taking and posturing by excited kids after a derby win over our bitter rivals. You think I sound pathetic? Listen to yourself you come over like an hysterical old women.

Really derby games are not for you my old petal not with all those testosterone fuelled hoodlums running about, stick to your polishing and dream of the day you can sit side by side with gas fans singing sea shantys and sharing prawn sandwiches

I guess if it was all just a bit of fun, then there won't be any convictions then? We will have to wait and see on that score. It would be awful if some of those poor excited kids you talk about, had to be dragged away so early in the morning from they're cheerios for such a mild misdemeanor as being over excited as you say. Back in the real world though, I think your bleatings should be saved for someone who gives a damn! As far ad I'm concerned, if they're innocent they have nothing to worry about!

I guess if it was all just a bit of fun, then there won't be any convictions then? We will have to wait and see on that score. It would be awful if some of those poor excited kids you talk about, had to be dragged away so early in the morning from they're cheerios for such a mild misdemeanor as being over excited as you say. Back in the real world though, I think your bleatings should be saved for someone who gives a damn! As far ad I'm concerned, if they're innocent they have nothing to worry about!

You're a fantastic moderator aren't you?

Out of touch - sorry I'm not the one wishing I lived in the 80s.

Woah, hadn't realized, it's one thing to be plain wrong, another to be plain wrong with moderator after your name. Been an interesting debate,slightly deviating towards your side for once Nibor, but either way I agree bad stance for a mod to take. A view is fine , but with the blunt instrument they tend to wield on here, often with no redress at all I think Phantom has overstepped on this occasion.

Who do we think is to blame for the 'draconian' legislation football fans face?

A. Football fans

B. anyone else

Sadly, all the derby match proved is that such measures are absolutely justified and absolutely necessary.

Fans of any other sport don't misbehave with such startling regularity and guess what... Rugby & Cricket fans can drink while watching the game, go into the ground drunk and pretty much drink as much as they like. But in the case of football it's all someone else's fault.

A. Football fans

B. anyone else

Sadly, all the derby match proved is that such measures are absolutely justified and absolutely necessary.

Fans of any other sport don't misbehave with such startling regularity and guess what... Rugby & Cricket fans can drink while watching the game, go into the ground drunk and pretty much drink as much as they like. But in the case of football it's all someone else's fault.

Pretty much agree with this.

It would be ludicrous to issue lifetime bans (or have the police involved at all) for "offences" such as running onto the pitch or swearing.

However, until I see what all these folk are charged with, and what the evidence is, I'll refrain from drawing the sort of sweeping generalisations some people on this thread have done.

Anyone throwing objects or fighting in or near a football ground deserves a hefty banning order IMO.

A. Football fans

B. anyone else

B

Various home secretaries who included the legislation in criminal justice acts for widespread use e.g political demonstrations, free party scene, travellers ..

Football provides a test environment.

I doubt if we will ever find out what the so called offenders actually did on the night. I was in the Dolman and saw a fair bit of overexcited young kids but saw no real wickedness - at least the kind of wickedness that would call for a life time ban. Hopefully the people concerned can get copies of their CCTV evidence clips and arrange an appointment with a Director if they feel that they have been unfairly treated. Hell - we need more fans and cannot afford to waste a single one!

Are you truly dense or just on a wind up? It's already been established that 5 of the people dawn raided have been released without charge, do you think that's awful? Would you like to have it happen to you and don't say it wouldn't happen cos you wouldn't do anything like that as obviously those released didn't do anything either. Remember all the police need to come knocking on your door is for somebody to give them your name. Any way away from the high Littleton fairyland of Dixon of Dock green and the women's institute how about opening your eyes and mind and start giving a damn at what's happening to fans of our own club.

The problem is that the throwing of coins etc is just cowardly.

I've been toe to toe at Football in the past ( I'm not proud of it now) but in that situation it's fair.

But I've also been hit by coins,coin throwing is random, the coin can hit an 8 year old child in the face or a stone island clad macho man.

Anyone who randomly throws coins etc are cowards and deserve to get arrested imo.

• Admin

Fans of any other sport don't misbehave with such startling regularity and guess what... Rugby & Cricket fans can drink while watching the game, go into the ground drunk and pretty much drink as much as they like.

I think you will find that there are flash points at these sporting events, just not reported on.

Football related stories sell papers where as the others don't.

I think you will find that there are flash points at these sporting events, just not reported on.

Football related stories sell papers where as the others don't.

As these events seem to have passed me by would interested if you could let me know when scenes like the City/Rovers night last happened at a rugby or cricket match in this country. Sad to say football seems to be the only sport where you still get this sort of behaviour. The club have given a very strong message that they don't want people that can't behave properly at games. At some point the very small number of idiots and their apologists need to catch on to this simple fact and grow up. And don't believe that the club can't afford to lose these 'supporters'. I know of a fair few people who like football, but don't attend because of the acivities of yobs.

This makes me laugh, For people on here to call the people who were involved,scum,in something that was much much worse years ago and will likely carry on for years to come is beyond believe,I know a few who were involved and all have very respectful jobs and come come from very good family background,it's just a case of when at football they get caught up in the atmosphere in a different way(good or bad which ever way you look at it) now the people that I call scum and who the police should concentrate on catching are rapist,muggers,murderers,pedophiles etc,,

Archived