IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

This fist shaking thing that a few on this thread seem to have connected with violent or aggressive behavior, is it really, or could it be nothing more than just a outburst of emotion,i only ask because i see it in every sport i watch.. the top thug has to be that Andy Murry fella, does it all the time when he wins a point, football managers do it every week, golfers ,dart players, snooker ,rugby, motor racing in fact it seems to be very common in all sports where there are winners and losers, watching city i don't tend to do it much now but i think i did when we scored against Oldham, god i hope i wasn't spotted on cctv, i just gave the front door a lick of paint. 

If the facts are as stated then yes it was an injustice, I haven't disputed that. I suspect there's more to it myself. Anyway, I'm not sure what you think I don't get?

Heavy handed policing and zero tolerance from the club have everything to do with how other fans behave. They didn't just wake up and decide one day to be a bastards about it. It took years of violence for the current state of affairs to evolve. It will not change whilst people condone, excuse and continue that kind of thing so it makes no sense at all to complain about injustice at the same time as attempting to justify hurling coins.

I'm pretty sure nobody's been jailed without a trial so I think we can leave the dictatorship comparisons out.

No, but one of the City fans who were framed at Walsall pleaded guilty, because he couldn't face a trial - he now has a criminal record.

In that case Colin Sexstone rode up on his white charger. That wouldn't happen now.

And when you say jailed without a trial, you should be aware that there are trials and trials, as many who were at the Cardiff game will testify.

Over a year ago I was attending a match at Ashton Gate, Just after half time I was returning to my seat and approached by about 5 coppers, I was arrested on suspicion of assault and handcuffed and taken tothe cells inI the ground. After about an hour I was released on bail, no charges were ever brought against me.

What had happened was someone who I know from the past saw me at half time briefly, that person then found the nearest copper and made an allegation of assault against me. The police then reviewed the CCTV and found I had not assaulted this person, in fact it showed I did not go within 20 meters of that person.

Great I thought my name had been cleared. Wrong I was! A few days later I received a letter in the post from Bristol City informing me I was banned for 6 months following my arrest. The letter said I had no right of appeal and any attempt to enter Ashton Gate during this period would result in a life time ban (even on non match days) following this period I then had to sign a behaviour contract with the club. All because someone had alleged I had assaulted them.

I never knew you could be found innocent by clear evidence (the cctv saw me walk to and from my seat) yet still be punished, I missed over half a season with a season ticket I already paid for and still on a probationary term now.

Yet the accuser didn't get done for wasting police time or anything.

That's justice for you.

What would your take on this be Nibor?? Should I have been banned for life simply because I was accused of something that I didn't do?

Your story makes me fume.  I would gladly support a complete boycott of the club on this until they fully refund you and apologise publically.  This WILL happen again otherwise.

How about an empty stadium until they start treating fans with a bit of respect?

Won't last more than a game.  They'll cave in.

No, but one of the City fans who were framed at Walsall pleaded guilty, because he couldn't face a trial - he now has a criminal record.

In that case Colin Sexstone rode up on his white charger. That wouldn't happen now.

And when you say jailed without a trial, you should be aware that there are trials and trials, as many who were at the Cardiff game will testify.

uh! Or perhaps he was just guilty?

Your story makes me fume. I would gladly support a complete boycott of the club on this until they fully refund you and apologise publically. This WILL happen again otherwise.

How about an empty stadium until they start treating fans with a bit of respect?

Won't last more than a game. They'll cave in.

How about some fans stop behaving like morons!

I see the Post have decided to name those charged. Not sure why they feel the need to do this, they haven't been convicted of anything.

Noticed they did name one who was released without charge, I wonder why they have failed to mention the other four who according to people on this forum were released also without charge, mind you four others were released on bail!

By all accounts what happened at the Walsall game was disgusting behaviour from the police but I don't see how it's related to what we're talking about here. They're very different circumstances IMO.

Hmm...funny thing..

I googled news on just 3 of the names randomly  (Im bored if you ask) 

1. Charged and found guilty of a racially / religiously aggravated offence in May of this year

2. Nothing

3. Currently serving a lifetime ground ban

Whilst I am sure "youthful exuberance" was the driver behind some of those arrested, clearly some others have a bit of a track record. Of course, all of them are innocent until found guilty in a court of law.

And the football club should make no banning orders whatsoever on people that have not been found guilty of any crime, thats simply ridiculous. However, as being on the field of play is an offence, I'm guessing they could simply sweep them up in that one.

I'd like to make a suggestion here, but forgive me if this has already been suggested - I haven't read through every post!

To all you naughty, excitable young fellows who have been told off by Jon and Co, and sent to your rooms for life (dear me, Draconian; and not good for income, Jon-boy, poor business acumen, imo) after all the fisti-cuffs v. The Rovers, who are now complaining that you can no longer 'join the party,' I say this to you: watch the bloody news and show some initiative, you twonks.

Our brave boys in blue, PCs Plod, have a job keeping up with tricksy, evil terrorists types (don't they watch 'Spooks' on the Beeb?) who now dress up as ladies, sneakily slipping into burkers, to give the old bill the slip. The thick blue line can't even see that one coming.

So, kiddies, get up that shop up Southmead, get yourselves dolled-up, little bit of make-up, perhaps, some heels, maybe, and get down the Gate. The plod will never suspect a thing. Or, better still, get yourselves a berka, and get back down to Mecca, tomorrow night. The club needs you, and your dosh.

If you love the club, you won't mind dressing up like a bird, or a berk. Just don't go fighting and stuff, okay?

And to everyone else: if you see any of the 'kiddies' looking a bit suspect, a bit 'hey-ho,' or maybe one with just his eyes you can see - don't laugh or snigger; just give them a wink, and tell them to keep of the pitch.

Fill the Gate!

Like others, I have been stewing on this today.

In my humble opinion, one thing which stands out throughout this entire thread is the lack of worthwhile communication from the club.

There is a desperate need for the club to engage with it's supporters through the various fans groups and trusts in order to try and find a solution to this and any other current issues.

If there's no communication, all that will happen is that we, the fans will become more and more distant.

I really hope the powers within BCFC can do something as the status quo is becoming dangerously fractious.

This makes me laugh, For people on here to call the people who were involved,scum,in something that was much much worse years ago and will likely carry on for years to come is beyond believe,I know a few who were involved and all have very respectful jobs and come come from very good family background,it's just a case of when at football they get caught up in the atmosphere in a different way(good or bad which ever way you look at it) now the people that I call scum and who the police should concentrate on catching are rapist,muggers,murderers,pedophiles etc,,

And to young 'Natch head,' I say: make sure you know your PED from your PAED, and your "iatricians" from your "ophiles" We don't want any repeat of the thicko Pompey vigilanties duffing up doctors, or Mr. Warnock getting a shoeing for being a foot-feeler, do we now?

Heavy handed policing and zero tolerance from the club have everything to do with how other fans behave. They didn't just wake up and decide one day to be a bastards about it. It took years of violence for the current state of affairs to evolve. It will not change whilst people condone, excuse and continue that kind of thing so it makes no sense at all to complain about injustice at the same time as attempting to justify hurling coins.

The above (part) post by Nibor highlights the hypocrisy of those defending violence in football, who then bleat on about how badly they are treated by the club, police and stewards.

I suspect many of those protesting about the dawn raids and bans being handed out, have indeed been involved in similar unsavoury behaviour. Can these 'supporters' not see that the legacy of years of thuggish stupidity has reaped today's environment.

You can only blame yourselves for making a rod for your own backs.

Who has committed affray? Are you an apologist for the police who treat football fans like the scum of the earth?

I wonder why they would want to do that then???????

The whole footbll fans are persecuted innocents is utter crap, when you see pitch invasions like that and seats getting lobbed.

Break the law and you get busted, simples. People have died and been injured at numerous gmes acrossthe world when violence kicks off. Some people glory in said violence. The rest of us have to put up with it, while the proper nawty boys give it large....WOW!

I have never had hassle wi plod anyways and I used to ride with bike clubs. Now if you wanna see police in your face, become a biker, a proper biker, not a ****** wannabee.

• Admin

One day it might just dawn on the anti-social, braindeads that if you behave reasonably you will get policed reasonably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1LUBIdwfc&feature=youtu.be

Oh here we go - the police can do no wrong posts. When are you going to waken from your false consciousness?

Just don't call him a pleb!

Archived