IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

Why are you such an angry individual? 

He isn't - he is one of the best posters on here.

I willing to bet that nearly all or all will have been arrested because they are suspected of serious crimes (ie not just running on the pitch).

Sad to see the apologists out in force on here.

Why are you such an angry individual?

If you think that giving a few insults back in kind makes me angry, you're mistaken. I just find people who defend the morons who are violent at football to be very objectionable. Every football fan should be pleased when people who give the whole group a bad name are caught and punished. It's pretty simple.

Cheers Ralph. So less than a third of the arrests at AG, plus images of 2 individuals the police want to talk to, and only 6 people actually charged by the time that article was published 2 months after the event.

'Preston city centre was locked down by police, and pubs ordered to keep locked, while police dealt with public disorder following the match'.

Cheers Ralph. So less than a third of the arrests at AG, plus images of 2 individuals the police want to talk to, and only 6 people actually charged by the time that article was published 2 months after the event.

'Preston city centre was locked down by police, and pubs ordered to keep locked, while police dealt with public disorder following the match'.

Not wishing to cast aspersions, but the police seem interested in speaking to a rather attractive young man (so I believe) who was naked to the waist, apparently nowhere near any trouble, and to a young lady who seems to be well endowed and was bouncing up and down a lot, if you see what I mean. Now the quesiton is, do the police want to speak to them about anything related to footbal violence?

The people arrested are innocent until proven guilty.  The violent scum will be proven guilty.  The chances are that only those caught on CCTV being violent have been arrested and will therefore likely be convicted.

Seriously is this hard to understand or something?  You may be better off going back to colouring in, just remember not to eat the crayons.

Are you able to fit your head through the doorway when you go out? Your levels of sanctimoniousness and self-rightousness would make the Daily Mail blush. 

I'm going to make it black and white and upset a few.

Do we want rules in society or no?

Most of us behave according to the rules, some- a few, don't.

If you excuse their law breaking, what's to stop anyone running on the pitch, after a 23rd minute equaliser against Crawley Town, in a non competitive fixture in February? I might fancy patting wagstaff on the back for a good through ball, should I be allowed to run on the pitch mid game and do this ? - it's only high spirits, I never intended to hurt anyone! Perhaps 10,000 others could run on to show there appreciation of a fielding goal kick? or any other highlight or lowlight as the game unfolds ?????

This is total nonsense! You are not allowed on the field, and expect no quarter should you do so!

Here endeth the lesson!

So the people arrested were for the more serious offences,according to the police that is,so people were rounded up at 5 in the morning for outrageous things as criminal damage and swearing,because that's what a few people I know have been charged with,violent scum the lot them.

So the people arrested were for the more serious offences,according to the police that is,so people were rounded up at 5 in the morning for outrageous things as criminal damage and swearing,because that's what a few people I know have been charged with,violent scum the lot them.

Arrested at 5 in the morning for swearing at a football match? geez half the eastend should be behind bars shouldn't they!

Are you able to fit your head through the doorway when you go out? Your levels of sanctimoniousness and self-rightousness would make the Daily Mail blush. 

You are spending your time insulting someone you don't know on the internet because they are pleased that some people who have been violent at a football match are going to get dealt with.  

If my posts upset you so badly you should probably put me on ignore.

Football and disorder are in an Englishman's DNA, it's part of English culture and heritage. :englandsmile4wf:

This excerpt is from a Wikipedia article on the history of Medieval football.............

Football's roots in England has been found in Medieval football, which was played annually on Shrovetide. It is suggested that this game was derived from those played in Brittany and Normandy, and could have been brought to England in the Norman Conquest. These games were violent and largely ruleless. As a result, they were often banned.

England is the origin of nearly all first accounts of features of football:

In 1280 comes the first account of a kicking ball game. This happened at Ulgham, near Ashington in Northumberland, in which a player was killed as a result of running against an opposing player's dagger. This confirms that by the 13th century kicking ball games were being played in England.

In 1314, comes the earliest reference to a game called football when Nicholas de Farndone, Lord Mayor of the City of London issued a decree on behalf of King Edward II banning football. It was written in the French used by the English upper classes at the time. A translation reads: "[f]orasmuch as there is great noise in the city caused by hustling over large foot balls [rageries de grosses pelotes de pee] in the fields of the public from which many evils might arise which God forbid: we command and forbid on behalf of the king, on pain of imprisonment, such game to be used in the city in the future."

In 1409 King Henry IV of England gives us the first documented use of the English word "football" when he issued a proclamation forbidding the levying of money for "foteball".

.....this article indicates that the ruling classes have frowned upon football and the associated disorder for the past 700 or so years. The ruling classes control the Police so it's no surprise to me the resources that the Police command when chasing down football supporters for the most minor misdemeanors. A dawn raid is hardly commensurate for a football supporter involved in minor disturbances.

To all the posters who were glad that there were dawn raids on the violent scum, who should be banned for life, because the police must have cctv on all the ones arrested for violence, so must be guilty...........yes...........No........ five released without charge. As others have said they are innocent until proven guilty, but not in the eyes of the OTIB self righteous posters. The same posters that have probably already decided that the ones that have been charged MUST be guilty, because the police say so !!

As others have said they are innocent until proven guilty, but not in the eyes of the OTIB self righteous posters. The same posters that have probably already decided that the ones that have been charged MUST be guilty, because the police say so !!

How do you know that those same self righteous OTIB posters are not the Police themselves? ;)

Football and disorder are in an Englishman's DNA, it's part of English culture and heritage. :englandsmile4wf:

This excerpt is from a Wikipedia article on the history of Medieval football.............

Football's roots in England has been found in Medieval football, which was played annually on Shrovetide. It is suggested that this game was derived from those played in Brittany and Normandy, and could have been brought to England in the Norman Conquest. These games were violent and largely ruleless. As a result, they were often banned.

England is the origin of nearly all first accounts of features of football:

In 1280 comes the first account of a kicking ball game. This happened at Ulgham, near Ashington in Northumberland, in which a player was killed as a result of running against an opposing player's dagger. This confirms that by the 13th century kicking ball games were being played in England.

In 1314, comes the earliest reference to a game called football when Nicholas de Farndone, Lord Mayor of the City of London issued a decree on behalf of King Edward II banning football. It was written in the French used by the English upper classes at the time. A translation reads: "[f]orasmuch as there is great noise in the city caused by hustling over large foot balls [rageries de grosses pelotes de pee] in the fields of the public from which many evils might arise which God forbid: we command and forbid on behalf of the king, on pain of imprisonment, such game to be used in the city in the future."

In 1409 King Henry IV of England gives us the first documented use of the English word "football" when he issued a proclamation forbidding the levying of money for "foteball".

.....this article indicates that the ruling classes have frowned upon football and the associated disorder for the past 700 or so years. The ruling classes control the Police so it's no surprise to me the resources that the Police command when chasing down football supporters for the most minor misdemeanors. A dawn raid is hardly commensurate for a football supporter involved in minor disturbances.

In all my many days upon this earth I have been subjected to all sorts of opinions- good bad and irrelevant, and as a liberal minded individual I give time and space to each.

However, never before have I witnessed such a non sensical, irrelevant, desperately craving attention post .

2000 years ago entertainment was men in a pit killing each other with wild animals for good measure- let's bring this back !

Utter garbage sir !

In all my many days upon this earth I have been subjected to all sorts of opinions- good bad and irrelevant, and as a liberal minded individual I give time and space to each.

However, never before have I witnessed such a non sensical, irrelevant, desperately craving attention post .

2000 years ago entertainment was men in a pit killing each other with wild animals for good measure- let's bring this back !

Utter garbage sir !

2,000 years ago that was ancient Rome, I'm writing about the relevance of Medieval English culture and not about ancient Rome. I'm not craving any kind of attention, I'm stating my opinion in what is supposed to be a free society where freedom of speech and expression are paramount. I get the impression that you don't know - or don't want to know - the English origins of the modern game of football.

I totally agree - they are hardly going to destroy evidence by burning their hard-drives and note books like a certain ginger newspaper friend of the prime minister appears to have done.

A few dawn raids would also have been more appropriate on the BBC's Jimmy Savile when he was alive - but hey ho, it seems as if Savile was being protected by a senior Policeman.

Can you be charged with swearing? It wasn't against the law last time I looked.

Archived