IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

Actually you can, if you've seen any cop tv show in the UK Section 5 public order offence will get you a caution (a criminal conviction)

But that can't be just 'swearing', there has to be more to it than that I'd have thought. Just about everybody swears at some point. For it to be classed as a public order offence bad enough to be arrested for I'd imagine there would be a lot more to it than just saying a few naughty words.

The people arrested are innocent until proven guilty. The violent scum will be proven guilty. The chances are that only those caught on CCTV being violent have been arrested and will therefore likely be convicted.

Seriously is this hard to understand or something?  You may be better off going back to colouring in, just remember not to eat the crayons.

Madam, sir, baby, child, whatever.

Peoples family and mates are getting life bans for NOT being violent.

People will get bans if they are found guilty of criminal acts at Ashton Gate, regardless of any violence being involved or not. I don't have a problem with that.

If people are on the pitch after the game purely to celebrate then I wouldn't imagine anybody will be charged with an offence for that. On the other hand, if they were in the group that headed straight for the Rovers fans to celebrate in front of them and taunt them, then surely they deserve whatever they get?

People will get bans if they are found guilty of criminal acts at Ashton Gate, regardless of any violence being involved or not. I don't have a problem with that.

If people are on the pitch after the game purely to celebrate then I wouldn't imagine anybody will be charged with an offence for that. On the other hand, if they were in the group that headed straight for the Rovers fans to celebrate in front of them and taunt them, then surely they deserve whatever they get?

you are a grass. I, and others, remember your cardiff snitch post.

I would've thought that would be if someone was using it in an aggressive sense towards the police.

It is mainly ignored by police if it isn't used in a conversation with them like say in the street walking past, and they do tend to give you a chance the first time if you wear in front of them. But it is still illegal technically.

Would prefer that. Club needs to know fans aren't happy

Would like to see a banner below at ag

Football without fans is nothing

I have little reason to doubt what I have heard. BCFC should be made aware that they are making a unfair precedent v life long fans that did not apply to players in the past.

I would have no problem joining in with whatever gesture is made.

I doubt very much anybody innocent is being wrongfully banned or convicted because there's reams of CCTV.

It'll certainly take more than vague rumour from the small minority that consistently defend those who want to have a scrap at football to convince me.

Bottom line is, if someone goes to a football match and can't control themselves and breaks the law, I don't want them there.

You're welcome to disagree if you like, I don't mind one bit.

I doubt very much anybody innocent is being wrongfully banned or convicted because there's reams of CCTV.

It'll certainly take more than vague rumour from the small minority that consistently defend those who want to have a scrap at football to convince me.

Bottom line is, if someone goes to a football match and can't control themselves and breaks the law, I don't want them there.

You're welcome to disagree if you like, I don't mind one bit.

Well some innocent people have already been released without charge after being rudely awoken at 5am and carted off to the nick, so that sort of kills your first statement stone dead.

Some lads who did next to nothing are gonna get caught in the fallout and get done, the plod want results and they will get them, just like the Cardiff sketch. It seems the law now have sweeping powers to pretty much ban you for anything, can anyone explain why those charlton fans who were singing about Steven Lawrence, on a train, after a match had long finished be banned from football for 4 to 8 years?

Well some innocent people have already been released without charge after being rudely awoken at 5am and carted off to the nick, so that sort of kills your first statement stone dead.

Some lads who did next to nothing are gonna get caught in the fallout and get done, the plod want results and they will get them, just like the Cardiff sketch. It seems the law now have sweeping powers to pretty much ban you for anything, can anyone explain why those charlton fans who were singing about Steven Lawrence, on a train, after a match had long finished be banned from football for 4 to 8 years?

I would imagine that those at the sharp end of the dawn raids were identified as being involved in some way or another. And just because they were released without charge, doesn't mean they won't be brought in for further questioning and charges pressed in the future. I and most normal people want the guilty prosecuted. So no need to get your knickers in a twist!

Half the eastend may not be there much longer anyway

Loads pissed off currently regarding various goings on

This is spot on!

Are we gonna get banned for singing 'drink up thee cider' now as ' do the bast***s over' could be construed as swearing? How about 'really ****king hate them'? That's swearing. I had better be careful, this singing lark could end up in a court appearance if we're not careful!

The working mans day out was a day at the football when I was a nipper and my dad always taught me not to repeat the bad language I might hear at games. I didn't and now I say the same to my kids when I can cajole them into a City match. Swearing happens at football and it's down to good parenting to stop your young uns using that sort of language.

Banning people for swearing? What's next? Banned for farting? Blood / alcohol level checks on the way in?

What do this club want us to be?

This is spot on!

Are we gonna get banned for singing 'drink up thee cider' now as ' do the bast***s over' could be construed as swearing? How about 'really ****king hate them'? That's swearing. I had better be careful, this singing lark could end up in a court appearance if we're not careful!

The working mans day out was a day at the football when I was a nipper and my dad always taught me not to repeat the bad language I might hear at games. I didn't and now I say the same to my kids when I can cajole them into a City match. Swearing happens at football and it's down to good parenting to stop your young uns using that sort of language.

Banning people for swearing? What's next? Banned for farting? Blood / alcohol level checks on the way in?

Ciderup, don't bother, you are dealing with some right idiots on this forum.

I agree with this entirely. Absolutely nobody is going to be banned or arrested simply for swearing. It's aggressive thuggery resulting in breaking the law that will get you arrested and banned (if convicted). Is it that difficult to understand?

People being banned for life are not thugs. Players in the past did worse, far worse.

This ^ players; fighting, kicking, punching, headbutting, pushing, pulling, elbowing, etc on the pitch, result= maybe a ban for a couple games,

fans; on the pitch singing after a big game result = lifetime ban  :facepalm:

The sanitation of our game continues, bring on the armchairs and slippers.

Don't see how, they've not been banned or convicted then have they?

But being released without charge doesn't mean they won't be rearrested after their stories have been checked.

I don't see why anybody who doesn't deserve it will be in the fallout because there'll be so much footage.

I neither know nor care about Charlton fans but would point out that the police only get away with over zealous policing because of the sort of behaviour demonstrated at the Rovers game.

I agree with this entirely. Absolutely nobody is going to be banned or arrested simply for swearing. It's aggressive thuggery resulting in breaking the law that will get you arrested and banned (if convicted). Is it that difficult to understand?

People get banned without conviction from Ashton Gate.

People get banned without thuggi thuggery happening.

With respect all the escalators are not reaching all your floors.

This ^ players; fighting, kicking, punching, headbutting, pushing, pulling, elbowing, etcon the pitch, result= maybe a ban for a couple games,

[bfans; on the pitch singing after a big game result= lifetime :facepalm:

The sanitation of our game continues, bring on the armchairs and slippers.

It goes further.

Bristol City FC are making their own rules up as they go along with little thought. The five pillars includes Community - the Bristol City Community Trust.

How can the Bristol City Community Trust work with youth offending services/probation etc when the club themselves are banning fans for life!

Don't see how, they've not been banned or convicted then have they?

But being released without charge doesn't mean they won't be rearrested after their stories have been checked.

I don't see why anybody who doesn't deserve it will be in the fallout because there'll be so much footage.

I neither know nor care about Charlton fans but would point out that the police only get away with over zealous policing because of the sort of behaviour demonstrated at the Rovers game.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the numerous recent posts about fans getting ridiculous fines and bans for next to nothing especially our own fans at Cardiff.

You neither know nor care about the charlton fans unfairly banned for singing about something away from football. That just about sums you up. A sanctimonious superfan.

You are a disgrace.

No, you and the others defending violence at football matches are a disgrace. Every decent human being can see that.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the numerous recent posts about fans getting ridiculous fines and bans for next to nothing especially our own fans at Cardiff.

You neither know nor care about the charlton fans unfairly banned for singing about something away from football. That just about sums you up. A sanctimonious superfan.

Here's the thing parkender. I simply don't believe the people who claim they or their mates were victimised and did nothing wrong. You see, people who are guilty often protest their innocence.

There's no evidence to corroborate these claims that people are being arrested for nowt, not one bit, and there's plenty of reason not to believe it - not least what I saw with my own eyes at the derby match.

The Charlton fans you're talking about (in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24746019) deserved everything they got in my opinion. Why would we want someone glorifying racism and murder anywhere near a football match?

On the derby night, I've no sympathy for anybody that ran onto the pitch and made a beeline for the away fans. Anybody who threw something is someone I don't ever want at a football match again. If that upsets you, tough titty. I'm not trying to be a superfan, this is the sort of reaction that normal human beings should have.

We would suffer far less overbearing policing if you people stopped making excuses every time there was violence and started making these "people" unwelcome.

Nibor. The point about the charlton fans which appears to have gone over your head is they have been banned from football for doing something that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with football in a place unconnected to a football stadium. Now I happen to know a couple of our fans who were banned after Cardiff both were on the end of rough treatment from heddlu then arrested for daring to stand up for themselves, I don't know what utopian dreamland you inhabit but fairies are definitely at the bottom of your garden.

Archived