IGNORED

Supporters Club And Trust Q&a With Sod -TONIGHT 7:30Pm @ Bs3 (Merged)

!james

• Admin

The keyboard warriors wern't there !

Made me laugh looking around the room, all those that spout their shit on here, didnt have the balls to turn up and do it in person.

DL also recognised this and we talked about it after.

But to be honest i didnt really expect them to show up, SOD didnt have too many difficult questions fired at him and certainly not the amount i was expecting but he dealt with them all very well IMO

Did they have any questions to ask him though?

(Was no point just to turn up to moan)

Very interesting... if not all that suprising!

They seem to have gone very quiet in the last week or two. Probably having a bit of a sulk and praying for our next defeat...!

Weren't there quite a few that have said they aren't going to attend matches again until SoD leaves the club? If they are as strongly against him as they say they are then I doubt if they would attend a Q & A session with him. Their minds are closed so perhaps it was just as well they stayed away.

Weren't there quite a few that have said they aren't going to attend matches again until SoD leaves the club? If they are as strongly against him as they say they are then I doubt if they would attend a Q & A session with him. Their minds are closed so perhaps it was just as well they stayed away.

The total opposite, I should have thought.

If they feel that strongly, then this was their best opportunity ever to express their dissatisfaction. Ask for reasons behind decisions, ask for assurances or intentions, or relay their grievences in a sensible way to those directly involved - not just have a hissy fit in private or amongst their social media "friends".

The total opposite, I should have thought.

If they feel that strongly, then this was their best opportunity ever to express their dissatisfaction. Ask for reasons behind decisions, ask for assurances or intentions, or relay their grievences in a sensible way to those directly involved - not just have a hissy fit in private or amongst their social media "friends".

A reasonable person would I agree, but like I said some have closed minds and won't want to lose face by backing down. It sounds like SoD gave some honest and reasoned answers, what if he made these people look foolish in front of their friends. They wouldn't have wanted to take that risk, it's much more attention-seeking to stamp their feet and declare they are not attending another match whilst SoD is here.

It's amazing and strange that people get offended by the colour of SOD's jumper. Seems like a reaction a child would have to me.

Fair play to SOD for attending. Let's hope he's here for a few years yet and that we can have one of these sessions when we are flying high.

His jumper was pretty neutral, last night. Quite indistinguishable colour. Mind, the lighting was piss-poor in there. They want to improve or replace their lights - you can get grants for this sort of thing, you know ...

I can't remember a bloody thing the old SOD said last night. But that might be because my gaze was diverted, somewhat. I had a "vision," if I can share this with you all. That Kelly Marie, typing away and reading out twitter questions. What a lady. I think I'm smitten. Is she "spoken for" anyone know? I don't mind admitting, as SOD was droning on,

"My head was in a spin,

My feet don't touch the ground,

Cos she was near to me

My head went round and round.

My knees were shaking, baby

My heart it beat like a drum

It feels like,

It feels like I'm in love...

Ooh baby,

Ooh baby,

Ooh baby...

My knees shake,

My heart beats like a drum..."

Can't wait for the next meeting! Don't say nothing, mind...

I can't remember a bloody thing the old SOD said last night. But that might be because my gaze was diverted, somewhat. I had a "vision," if I can share this with you all. That Kelly Marie, typing away and reading out twitter questions. What a lady. I think I'm smitten. Is she "spoken for" anyone know? I don't mind admitting, as SOD was droning on,

"My head was in a spin,

My feet don't touch the ground,

Cos she was near to me

My head went round and round.

My knees were shaking, baby

My heart it beat like a drum

It feels like,

It feels like I'm in love...

Ooh baby,

Ooh baby,

Ooh baby...

My knees shake,

My heart beats like a drum..."

Can't wait for the next meeting! Don't say nothing, mind...

You soppy old fool you.

You soppy old fool you.

I know, but I'm in the spare room again tonight, "screecher." Lady Q's not happy; smells a "rat." Feeling a bit lonesome.

Mind, that Dolly P. Marie got this old feller all of a dither! Don't know what's coming over me. I mean, at my age! She's some girl, mindfgghkkllll,,ln

Bv

Very interesting... if not all that suprising!

They seem to have gone very quiet in the last week or two. Probably having a bit of a sulk and praying for our next defeat...!

No City fan prays for a defeat of our football club, that dosent however mean we have to agree with whats going on in it atm.

I couldn't make it because I had a work dinner in St Albans.

I would happily ask him in person the questions I have over tactics and selection that I ask on here.

I would have paid serious money to watch the response and answer, if you got one... my gut instinct is you would have got... 'Stupid Question.... next' !!!  ;-)

The keyboard warriors wern't there !

Made me laugh looking around the room, all those that spout their shit on here, didnt have the balls to turn up and do it in person.

DL also recognised this and we talked about it after.

But to be honest i didnt really expect them to show up, SOD didnt have too many difficult questions fired at him and certainly not the amount i was expecting but he dealt with them all very well IMO

I think SOD hit the nail on the head in that a lot of those naysayers (of which I hold my hand up I have been one, although now am a 'floating voter') have fallen out of love with the club. Perhaps apathy kept them away, plus cynicism that all that would be heard is rhetoric not disimilar to what has been heard before.

I would also suggest that the limited capacity of the venue, plus an expectation about the feelings of those more likely to attend discouraged others from being 'the elephant in the room'. I think this is an extremely valid point as, which has already been said, SOD didn't really face any tough questions. Therefore anyone who posed them would likely to have been the minority in a room where alcohol is flowing and feelings run deep.

I wasn't there, there were questions I would have liked to ask but logistically I wasn't able to attend. In any case would I have been encouraged to put my head above the parapet? Probably not. That's not to say I prefer to hide behind anonimity (which in any case I do not believe is necessarily a sign of weakness or something to be mocked), but I suggest that event was perhaps not the most inviting forum (no pun intended) for a grilling.

I accept I could have asked a question on here but to tell the absolute truth the person(s) I really want to ask questions are the Lansdowns. If they were to give a q & a I would love to attend and have no hesitation in asking them questions re their accountability. My only real question of SOD are around the style and way we play... But we all know 'the defence' is what we will hear back or 'transition' so meh, wasn't bothered about asking.

I'm not belittling that it was organised and I commend SOD for coming out and for such an event taking place. But a bigger capacity where naysayers are more likely to take comfort in numbers would, I muse, lead to a different type of Q&A.

Believe me, their are people out their who hate sod more than they love Bristol City, ( I've met en, ) they are deligbted when we loose as they see it as putting us a step closer to being rid of sod !

There are fundamentalists on both sides of the fence, some as you rightly say seem delighted when we lose and others who will claim alien abduction to back up their particular claim that SOD is infallible.

Most are just agnostic about SOD, we need more proof that he can create a lasting consistent team capable of competing in whatever division we find ourselves in, we are a long way from that IMO.

Believe me, their are people out their who hate sod more than they love Bristol City, ( I've met en, ) they are deligbted when we loose as they see it as putting us a step closer to being rid of sod !

I have said an awful lot that the club is a thing far far distinct from the current manager, board and/or playing staff.

Taking delight in defeat honestly I can somewhat empathise with... And I say this because I think back to when Pulis was in charge. At that time would I have taken a defeat at Gillingham for him to go? Well I wouldn't necessarily hope for it, but deep deep down I may have had a little fist-clench.

I am happy I could justify such feelings and if someone thought that made me less of a fan, while I'd respect their view, it would be water of a duck's back. If SOD induces such strong feeling in someone, then I don't belittle them.

I do have a wry smile in that more often than not people who want SOD gone are accused of short-termism, whereas in fact those may actually be thinking longer term and are wary of what they see as a 'false prophet' - indeed a loss to X and SOD out may be a better of two evils and serve better in the long term.

There are managers I'd have been more forgiving with than I have been SOD. That's because, in my opinion, we've not seen enough progress under SOD, or seen him turn around a mentally-challenging team in his past. Therefore I don't necessarily subscribe to he must be the man for the job. In fact I've often said in my view right man, wrong time. But I am warming slightly and will take no delight in losing this afternoon.

I think SOD hit the nail on the head in that a lot of those naysayers (of which I hold my hand up I have been one, although now am a 'floating voter') have fallen out of love with the club. Perhaps apathy kept them away, plus cynicism that all that would be heard is rhetoric not disimilar to what has been heard before.

I would also suggest that the limited capacity of the venue, plus an expectation about the feelings of those more likely to attend discouraged others from being 'the elephant in the room'. I think this is an extremely valid point as, which has already been said, SOD didn't really face any tough questions. Therefore anyone who posed them would likely to have been the minority in a room where alcohol is flowing and feelings run deep.

I wasn't there, there were questions I would have liked to ask but logistically I wasn't able to attend. In any case would I have been encouraged to put my head above the parapet? Probably not. That's not to say I prefer to hide behind anonimity (which in any case I do not believe is necessarily a sign of weakness or something to be mocked), but I suggest that event was perhaps not the most inviting forum (no pun intended) for a grilling.

I accept I could have asked a question on here but to tell the absolute truth the person(s) I really want to ask questions are the Lansdowns. If they were to give a q & a I would love to attend and have no hesitation in asking them questions re their accountability. My only real question of SOD are around the style and way we play... But we all know 'the defence' is what we will hear back or 'transition' so meh, wasn't bothered about asking.

I'm not belittling that it was organised and I commend SOD for coming out and for such an event taking place. But a bigger capacity where naysayers are more likely to take comfort in numbers would, I muse, lead to a different type of Q&A.

Im not going to get dragged into is SOD right for the job or not, and i think your post is a good,well thought out one.

That being said I don't subscribe to the opinion of the more vocal anti SOD fans didn't turn up because they would be in the minority, and would be bullied, picked on or whatever by the "I love SOD camp".

I believe in a fair Q&A and if i had wanted to have a go at SOD I would have done, and im sure the people that know me would back me up on that, and to hell with what others think, this is surly the same attitude that everyone should have, if you have a question then ask it regardless of what others think.

There were some real dull questions asked that night, but no one ridiculed anyone.

And I can honestly say that if someone had had a go at a fellow fan just because their few was different from the question asker, I would have had something to say, because that would be bang out of order.

Cheers

Mark

Really surprised by the pro and anti SOD stance. He is just another manager with yet a different outlook on the game, he seems to have split opinion quite markedly.

It really matters not. It is a results business... or so people say. Now I have never given much interest in results, although clearly I am a lot happier when we win. I have always been a supporter who wants to be entertained first and foremost.

From what I have seen so far, I have seen little entertainment apart from the odd cameo by jet and the occasional good 20 minute spell.

So from this perspective I can see little for any group of fan to lay faith in. Yet I find myself firmly entrenched in the view, stick with him and see where we end up.

I guess apathy has set in and that has put me in the mind set of "**** it, what will be will be"

Stupid question, as you know the answer;

I don't KNOW the answer. I can only presume that you were like many others who shout long and loud about being unhappy on here, yet fail to take the opportunity to question those in charge when given the opportunity.

Surely I'm wrong though. Surely you wouldn't let that opportunity pass you by and then come on the thread, still moaning and winging about things not being how you want them...?!

• Admin

Think was on here someone said they asked sod why the blue tops. Coaching staff wore blue today but from the away end it looked like he was wearing black.

There was no question, I just informed him there was a significant number of fans who would use the fact he wore a blue top against him (as we've seen mentioned on here so often) and that if any other colour was available it might be wise to go for that one. Adam said he'd look for a black one.

I don't KNOW the answer. I can only presume that you were like many others who shout long and loud about being unhappy on here, yet fail to take the opportunity to question those in charge when given the opportunity.

Surely I'm wrong though. Surely you wouldn't let that opportunity pass you by and then come on the thread, still moaning and winging about things not being how you want them...?!

I`ve been a fool to think that SOD has not been anything but great and he didn't take us from the bottom of the 2nd tier to the bottom of the third tier. We will of course be soon steaming up and into the championship. If not this season next season when those high earners are gone from our club and SOD can really say this is his squad and you just watch us now.

Transiton, re-building and foundations are in progress as I type how can we fail.

The questions were asked, Carey,2 strikers etc,etc, and replies given they tell me we are not for turning and SOD is here for the long run, however the only way is not just up, quite yet.

Not impressed by to much at my club atm not going to lie, if that makes me a moaning, winging fool so be it :dunno: but my 45yrs as a fan gives me a right to an opinion on things, if some don't like it, try the ignore button.

Archived