IGNORED

Supporters Club And Trust Q&a With Sod -TONIGHT 7:30Pm @ Bs3 (Merged)

!james

Any live feed to this later on?

Just social media updates. If all goes to plan we'll have attendees updating otib and twitter and hopefully getting the chance to ask questions raised via those media too. We discussed having a live feed but the barriers were the view that the sound quality might be difficult in a big room with Sean being relatively quietly spoken but mainly that we didn't have anyone with the expertise to deliver a live feed with confidence. We'd be interested to hear from anyone who thought they could help with a video link for the future.

• Admin

Just social media updates. If all goes to plan we'll have attendees updating otib and twitter and hopefully getting the chance to ask questions raised via those media too. We discussed having a live feed but the barriers were the view that the sound quality might be difficult in a big room with Sean being relatively quietly spoken but mainly that we didn't have anyone with the expertise to deliver a live feed with confidence. We'd be interested to hear from anyone who thought they could help with a video link for the future.

I suggested above that if WiFi was available you could have plonked a laptop in front of Sean and created a free blogtv* account. I doubt you'd pick up the questions asked but you don't even when the club used to put press conferences on Player but you get the gist from the answer.

*although this has changed to youtv now I think. Still free though. 

Question about players who make up large part of wage bill not currently playing, and how much change will there be in the team when these players are out of contract next summer

SOD - people sign contracts you have to honour them, in any other industry you can move people on, football doesn't work like that. The type of player we want won't change, but the market dictates what you can buy

Question How much of budget is determined by Steve Lansdown, and how much by you?

SOD - Steve is very supportive of the football club, wants the club and indeed the city to be successful, it's why he wants a new stadium. If we give him a reason to invest rather than just for the sake of it, then he'll back us, rather than just putting money in.

Question about players being played extremely well. Does he still receive full pay if suspended, and why do players get substituted with 2 minutes left to play.

SOD - No they don't get fined, it's difficult with unions to suspend someone as the PFA would be unhappy. He added that defenders pick up bookings, it is part of the game.
SOD - with regards to substitutions, some players get paid their full money if they make an appearance, some get it if they play half a game. I don't think we have that situation with our players contracts. Adam added that we have got a lot better with contracts under FFP.

Question about selling JET

SOD - I want Jet to stay, I said if he keeps playing the way he is, I might have to sell players, but I don't want to sell him. JET doesn't want to leave. Said it would be a club decision to sell, put simply, Sean wouldn't sell him.

Comment from someone who spoke to JET, I would only want to leave if Sean left.

When is Liam Kelly back.

SOD - cruciate ligaments are difficult. He's back running, back kicking a ball, the medical team are happy with how things are progressing. He should be back by end of season. Added that it has become an exact science these days with cruciate injuries and Liam is bang on that schedule.

When is Stephen Pearson back?

SOD - he is a but more tricky, his is a wear and tear injury, not straightforward, so likely to take longer. Everything so far has gone to plan, but you never now until he starts putting weight on it. Probably not back by end of season.

question about Liam Fontaine, is he leaving or staying?

SOD - never say never I don't know if he will be staying or going. Bad results breed negatvity, that gets taken out on the coach and players which then affects confidence. You're right it's a catch 22 situation, I'm trying to look after Liam's career, he's got kids and a mortgage, he worked very hard on the mental side of his game in the Summer, but a couple of bad results and the boos resurfaced but I have to put the clubs interests first as well, if hes rotting away in the reserves, then that doesn't help the club. 

I would like to see a response if possible from a slightly tougher question - something along the lines of the word 'transition' is often branded around. Can you please define what this means to you in terms of the football played on the pitch? Many fans are concerned about the quality of football being played despite the quality of some of the players that we have.

I would like to see a response if possible from a slightly tougher question - something along the lines of the word 'transition' is often branded around. Can you please define what this means to you in terms of the football played on the pitch? Many fans are concerned about the quality of football being played despite the quality of some of the players that we have.

SOD - football clubs are always in constant change, players renewing contracts/leaving. At the minute the club have had 4 different goes at it and not got it right, it can't keep being bankrolled, and I think Steve has realised that. We can't keep changing and writing blank cheques. The redevelopment of the stadium will happen sooner or later as well. Added further clarification about changing the style of football we are playing too.

Archived