IGNORED

City Vs Daggers Match Day Thread

devoncider

GETTING!!!!

Well at times he hasn't looked too good for us, but he has found some consistency and goals so he must be attracting attention now. It's up to the rest of the team to be spurred on and gain confidence as he has done.

We all knew Jet was a bit special, just a case of being able to get the best out of him

Can't remember a single player having such an impact since Andy Cole and before that Super Bob Taylor

Only went to away games due to living in the east but I completely agree with you. Super Bob was great and Andy Cole was just ridiculously good, remember sitting in the home stand at Charlton trying not to cheer as he caned it into the top left corner.

Sell him or drop him. JET as others recently posted, is a liability. He's liable to spur us on to more victories and how can we have a good moan then? I'm surprised SOD hasn't tried stifling his performances by playing him out of position. Poor management indeed.

As someone who was there, this doesn't ring true - anyone else agree/disagree??

It's true alright.

As an example RedM quoted her daughter, who was at the game, on 33 minutes:

'We're playing it around at the back and not getting forward, crowd very restless.' Post 78.

There were also a number of clearly audible individual shouts of impatience and discontent from the crowd at about the same time.

It may have seemed different actually at the game in certain parts of the ground, but this was the clear impression on the radio, and from at least one person at AG. 

Was in the Williams stand today and didn't hear audible moans. Not saying didn't happen, just didn't hear it where i was sitting. Have to wonder if the smaller crowd lacking the usual negativity /impatience made a difference, as the team grew in confidence as the game progressed. Wasn't a pretty game to watch and could have gone either way first half. JET is in a class of his own. Thought Maloney and Reid played well. Big relief to be grinding out some results at last.

One guy next to me was having a moan every minute, and practically had a hissy fit if the players didn't do what he was shouting, in the first half and when it was 1-0 quite a few around me were restless, I was in dolman d block

One of those in block F too. Provides a running moaning commentary from start to finish as to why everything City do is wrong. Apparently he runs an under 9s team in Bristol somewhere. I kid you not.

Wandered off for a piss on about 35 minutes and several men were having a good old moan in the toilets whilst spanking their monkeys in unison.

Archived