IGNORED

"we May Have To Sell Jet" - Sod

Red Ferret

Were clubs queuing up for him before we took him then? Most of the teams we have played against in the last couple of years would never tolerate his work rate, the goals are the bonus but at a higher level he won't get the opportunities, I think he is always going to be a big fish in a small pond.

God I bet Stockhausen enjoyed that.

The piece should have said "Steve Lansdown has lost interest" and not we can't rely on him anymore, although that does have a ring of truth to it, but please remember  Mr L you wasted the millions and not the fans.

To be fair to SOD I do not blame him in the slightest for this, if that is the edict from above why protect them?, tell it like it is, this is not SOD's fault it's just the wishes of a bored owner.

He's being realistic.

In the past we've waited until our best players are either near the end of their contracts or go off the boil, the time to sell a player is when they're playing at their peak which is when other clubs want him.

Arsene Wenger is the master of this (selling players at their peak for maximum profit)

It can actually be classed as good management. I just wish we had him on a 3 yr contract not a 2 yr one

SOD seems to open his mouth just to change feet !

I had a short conversation with a mate about JET leaving recently, we are not stupid and someone playing like he is will attract attention obviously. What need is there to come out and advertise the fact he may be available, SOD is very uncomfortable with the media but I thought he'd be a bit more savvy and should realise this is bound to p1ss supporters off.

SOD seems to open his mouth just to change feet !

I had a short conversation with a mate about JET leaving recently, we are not stupid and someone playing like he is will attract attention obviously. What need is there to come out and advertise the fact he may be available, SOD is very uncomfortable with the media but I thought he'd be a bit more savvy and should realise this is bound to p1ss supporters off.

I guess that's how you perceive is comments.

Arsene Wenger is the master of this (selling players at their peak for maximum profit)

It can actually be classed as good management. I just wish we had him on a 3 yr contract not a 2 yr one

Agreed but I doubt we could ever realistically afford Jet, even when we bought him, it may have been a gamble to make money by buying a highly-talented under-performing player and then showing what he can do before selling him on at a profit.

As has been said he doesn't really fit into our team structure, he's just so bloody good he's got to be on.

Archived