IGNORED

"we May Have To Sell Jet" - Sod

Red Ferret

missing a little point in all this, JET is under contract,that works both ways, sod could agree to sell,the board accept an offer but JET has to agree terms and want to go too.

if this happens,he isnt a city asset any more towards our team,he could even turn the team over by seeing out his contract and going on a free

Blimey.  What a ridiculous discussion.  

Why on earth is anyone getting annoyed about our manager simply acknowledging reality?  As Harry has said it's blindingly obvious that JET is too good for us and this division.  The only decision that matters is the price we agree to sell at in January.   He has  been covering us as an attacking force.  When the team shows signs of functioning properly on a consistent basis, I think we should sell.  If this happens by January then sell then as we can buy a decent League 1 striker with the money from the transfer and the saved wages.  He will be worth less next summer that's for sure.  

What ever happened to those people who wore T- shirts with : Football, Kids, Wife. ( In that order ) . And meant it! That's what I want to know !!

they lied sorry, as did shanks with the "some people think football is a matter of life and death... its more important than that" or something like that comment; absolute no where nearly or  remotely right, just words.

That article is a load of bollux IMO.

I don't think you are far wrong re him having a little spat with the club - just as he seemed to be getting a bit professional, he reverts to type.

What you have to remember with Shithausen is that he may get on ok with SOD but other than that he has zilch contacts at the club and doesn't get on with Steve Lansdown.

Indeed it is.  Quantify your opinion then?

i'll do it for you Harry, Glos Old Boy has been over the years on this forum a quite vociferous 'happy clapper' if you like, in fact I called him the King of the happy clappers and win, lose or draw would come on here week after week and to lighten the mood and tell us perhaps things were not as bad as many of thought they were and I would say with about 10 games to go last season I noticed even his faith was slipping somewhat and I made comment about it.

and this season and I maybe wrong here but I think he feels as though he has had the shit kicked out of him by the club that he loves and I don't know about you but I genuinely find that really sad and as I said before if this club has managed that with this guy then I also genuinely believe that there is something seriously wrong at the moment with this club.

Blimey.  What a ridiculous discussion.  

Why on earth is anyone getting annoyed about our manager simply acknowledging reality?  As Harry has said it's blindingly obvious that JET is too good for us and this division.  The only decision that matters is the price we agree to sell at in January.   He has  been covering us as an attacking force.  When the team shows signs of functioning properly on a consistent basis, I think we should sell.  If this happens by January then sell then as we can buy a decent League 1 striker with the money from the transfer and the saved wages.  He will be worth less next summer that's for sure.  

Will dreary get "the money" is the 64,000 dollar question? and if he did would he get anyone as good?, is another. Reality check is; we have just beaten 2 virtual/near recent non league teams, we have a long way to go yet.

they lied sorry, as did shanks with the "some people think football is a matter of life and death... its more important than that" or something like that comment; absolute no where nearly or remotely right, just words.

Yeah of course just great inspirational ( to some) sound bites.

If only you could patent/copyright such quotes.

Yeah of course just great inspirational ( to some) sound bites.

If only you could patent/copyright such quotes.

been there done that, made no difference, so reality makes a stand :mf_sleep:

Will dreary get "the money" is the 64,000 dollar question? and if he did would he get anyone as good?, is another. Reality check is; we have just beaten 2 virtual/near recent non league teams, we have a long way to go yet.

Er Dag and Red are one point off L 2 play offs and Crawley 13th L1. Not "virtual/near non league" c'mon...

Bristol Rovers...now they ARE virtual/near non league...

Makes good business sense, any money will be profit. Baldock and Taylor can do a job. Baldock will be a different player with jet gone. Burnsy can step up to the plate too.

Make no mistake about it mind if sod goes begging to lansdown to keep him he'll fund it but I genuinely think we don't need him I think going forward we can be a threat without jet. As much as I'll miss him. Spend the money on Osbourne if he plays like he did Tues every game.

We get a mil+ that would tick all the boxes for me

He is far too good to be hanging around in D3 and we cant possibly expect him to turn down the chance to play in the Championship again or even back in the Prem. If he is to go in January, by thenhis performances/goals will hopefully have gone a long way to securing our safety and even giving us the momentum for a top 10 push. Good luck to the lad.

I have, since he arrived at city, (though not so much recently) been on regular talking terms with Jet, and he told me direct that one of the main reasons he came here was because he was assured he was going to be allowed to play 'his' football and it wasn't because of money, or because of SOD.

He told me how much being stuck out on the wing has stalled his career and both Ipswich and Cardiff did that to him.

He also said that tracking back etc was just not part of his game and it was more or less agreed in principle that it wouldn't be expected, confirming this free role.

He also said he is fit, has been since he arrived, and is the quickest at the club, just doesn't have the role of motoring about.

If he's going anywhere they will know how much of a luxury he is, and a talent, but in a competitive league like the champ, not many teams can afford that luxury, he didn't even get it in cardiffs playoff season.

I for one hope he stays forever! But as someone said earlier in this thread, here at Bristol City he will always be a big fish in a small pond, he's not a team player so will struggle again at a higher level.

Cash in if its big imo.

SOD has said that JETs role is nearly free, you can build a team around him. He also says that JET is a team player and knows he has to track back and knows what is expected of him.

Hmmmmmm

Agree. SL is a City supporter and Im sure he dont expect cash back from City at the moment.

Roman Abramovic was looking to buy Tottenham as he could see they had the potential to break into the "top 4" clubs in England. As he was being flown over London to White Hart Lane  he looked down at Stamford Bridge and said "I want that one"

SL is as much a City supporter as Alan Sugar

Different Corner by George Michael

Bobby Reid !! Sell sell sell!!! He has not yet had a season of first team football!!

You can already see that Bob has a natural instinct. I think he'll be a fabulous player in 2-3 years. Even now, he holds his place on merit. 

I doubt we'll get offers in Jan, so this discussion is hypothetical, but this lad could be central to City's squad in a few years.

Glos ob, you are realy annoying me with your constant pathetic o dreary remarks, the blo, yod can do no right for you! you basically gloat about not going to games ! when we we're loosing you were on his back, now were unbeaten in 4 you still grab at any excuse to knock him ! you never offer anything constructive you just moan moan moan! you don't even watch the club ffs you've got a sad pathetic agenda against the manager,and I repeat again you don't even watch the club ! why don't you **** off to kingsholm or fgr or wherever, and stop commenting about a club thst you've got no interest in, apart from making nasty sarcastic remarks about! ffs for the third time !you don't even watch us you sad sack !

Glos ob, you are realy annoying me with your constant pathetic o dreary remarks, the blo, yod can do no right for you! you basically gloat about not going to games ! when we we're loosing you were on his back, now were unbeaten in 4 you still grab at any excuse to knock him ! you never offer anything constructive you just moan moan moan! you don't even watch the club ffs you've got a sad pathetic agenda against the manager,and I repeat again you don't even watch the club ! why don't you **** off to kingsholm or fgr or wherever, and stop commenting about a club thst you've got no interest in, apart from making nasty sarcastic remarks about! ffs for the third time !you don't even watch us you sad sack !

Close but;

1) Love my club,

2) Don't rate manager,

3) Watched Gas game, and have seen every goal against and for us, I have in fact seen more home games over the past 10yrs than I have missed, been to Wembley and Mill Std several times

4)Read all reports from fans and min by min reports of every game,

5) Had an "interest" in my club since late 60`s early 70`s and 80`s when I went to all home and most away games,( in fact been to most "old school" grounds.)

6)Had a season ticket for the first 3yrs after the Dolman was built

PLEASE DONT INSULT ME  BY SAYING I HAVE NO INTEREST IN MY CLUB,  

I don't rate our present manager he in my opinion is to dreary, that is because I do care about my club and is my opinion.

If you don't agree that's fine but please you no nothing about me.

Archived