IGNORED

"we May Have To Sell Jet" - Sod

Red Ferret

Just that we've had a bit of trouble getting some better floodlights and a swap deal for a player can't possibly be 'irregular' can it?

I believe the floodlights are more than adequate for League One. Shall we move on from "floodlights" and thinly veiled references to "irregularities" and other related "shenanigans."

I've made a note of your name, "Tansley." Consider yourself on a "yellow card."

I believe the floodlights are more than adequate for League One. Shall we move on from "floodlights" and thinly veiled references to "irregularities" and other related "shenanigans."

I've made a note of your name, "Tansley." Consider yourself on a "yellow card."

Good grief, but I do believe that his Leslieship is suffering from his monthly periodic table !

My own personal opinion...the reality is, that he'll most likely go in January.

Perhaps the idea of getting used to it now, rather than later, so that it doesn't come as such a blow, is better.

I read a quote from JET today in one of the national papers...can't remember which one, where he said something along the lines of not getting many games at Arsenal and he'd like to prove himself at a higher level again.

Stockhausen also spoke of it again in todays BP... where he said Baldock would come into his own when JET is gone and him and Taylor would provide goals at this level... not sure I agree with that though.

Why is anyone surprised?  If I was JET, I'd want to move forward with a career that stalled at Ipswich having promised so much

If we get a handsome return on him, then happy days - we can use that money for other players, etc.

Read "Why England Lose" about how Lyons achieved success - they used "moneyball" principles: get in a player who is undervalued, bring him on, and sell him as soon as anyone offers you more than you think he's worth.  Use the money to buy more players, etc. etc.

My own personal opinion...the reality is, that he'll most likely go in January.

Perhaps the idea of getting used to it now, rather than later, so that it doesn't come as such a blow, is better.

I read a quote from JET today in one of the national papers...can't remember which one, where he said something along the lines of not getting many games at Arsenal and he'd like to prove himself at a higher level again.

Stockhausen also spoke of it again in todays BP... where he said Baldock would come into his own when JET is gone and him and Taylor would provide goals at this level... not sure I agree with that though.

After only half a season with us ? Am hoping that other clubs would want to see how he fares over a full season before taking a punt on him.

We all knew before he arrived that this was a second stepping stone chance if you like, for JET.

He's well and truly taken it so I'm just going to enjoy it, while he is a BCFC player still. And when he looks back at his career, I think he will have City in high regard because we've pretty much brought is career back on track. SO'D aswell.

Just enjoy him guys and gals, it's certainly a pleasure having him here.

cant imagine who at a higher level is going to pay the price ..he is at this club for reasons,and one of those he doesnt see enough of the ball in the higher standard and when he does get it the players opposing him are,well,more able to shut him out.pie in the sky and a strange thing even for this guy to come out with. 

Smart piece of management IMO.

• Telling JET we may have to sell him is basically saying "if you keep playing like this you'll be going to a big club" The effect is JET keeps banging them in, we establish a good league position and we sell him for a decent bit of cash.
  • For our front line, it's basically saying "once JETs gone, we're going to need to fill that gap. If you start playing well, it's yours." The effect is they start banging them in.
  • For the fans it's managing expectations ie: "Don't be surprised if he does go but we'll get good cash for him" or, if he doesn't go "I've managed to convince him to stay and we have a player that big league clubs are desperate for - get behind us"

Smart piece of management IMO.

• Telling JET we may have to sell him is basically saying "if you keep playing like this you'll be going to a big club" The effect is JET keeps banging them in, we establish a good league position and we sell him for a decent bit of cash.
  • For our front line, it's basically saying "once JETs gone, we're going to need to fill that gap. If you start playing well, it's yours." The effect is they start banging them in.
  • For the fans it's managing expectations ie: "Don't be surprised if he does go but we'll get good cash for him" or, if he doesn't go "I've managed to convince him to stay and we have a player that big league clubs are desperate for - get behind us"

This

I'm a little baffled by the idea of selling JET. I get that money in means more money to spend and some to pay off debts but I also thought the whole point of having the restrictions in wages and so on was to make sure the players that come in are not overpaid and still have quality. With many of the signings it's still time will tell but with JET we have a player on top form and obviously on a contract we can afford and now we're talking about selling him?

At what point do the fans get to look at the club as a business? I mean the club now has a stance of value for money so surely the fans can ask for the same? If that is the case then selling our best players less than a year after acquiring them in my eyes is not value for money!

I personally think if JET goes the fans have every right to be angry and frustrated as it could potentially be the biggest factor if we do get relegated. All in all if we're going to sell our biggest talents that are within the wage structure then we're never going to get a solid and stable squad that will be consistent.

• Admin

Story being run by SSN now !

ALL of this nonsense stirred up by Andy Stockhausen.

WHEN will people realise and understand there is no story here.

The second piece released on Sunday backtracked all of this nonsense, so nothing to worry about.

One thing that is for sure AS must be on borrowed time before he is not let near a City game, after all the nonsense he has had printed recently

JET is in the form of his life right now, so it's the perfect time to sell.

He might well go on to play successfully at a higher level but he's not the sort of striker who's going to score goals at the rate he has been on a regular basis.

The trick will be to find a club which is either too daft or too desperate to realise this, get them to part with a few million and then build a more balanced team that isn't based around catering for one talismanic player.

SO'D has alluded to the number of times we've been in this situation before and probably taken the wrong option. There are many examples, from Aaron Brown to Marvin Elliot, where we've been offered sums considerably over the player's value and turned them down because we're an ambitious club, when with hindsight it might have been better to sell.

Right now it looks like without JET's goals we'd be ruined, but that's because the team is set up around him. Set the team up around Baldock and Taylor instead and they will get the goals. Far more sensible to take the money and do that than hope JET can keep up the kind of form he's never shown in the rest of his career.

Archived