IGNORED

Wes Burns

beaverface

Glad I'm not the only one to think this about him today.

Really was great to see him come on. I will say it time and time again but we need to utilise this kid more.

Straight away a superb run in behind the defence and although he perhaps snatched at the shot it was great to see. We haven't had that all season.

I know it's hard to judge exactly against a beaten D&R side but even in 5 mins he did more than Baldock did all game. He just looked lively and I really do think he needs to be involved in the squad week in week out now. He offers us something completely different.

Really was great to see him come on. I will say it time and time again but we need to utilise this kid more.

Straight away a superb run in behind the defence and although he perhaps snatched at the shot it was great to see. We haven't had that all season.

I know it's hard to judge exactly against a beaten D&R side but even in 5 mins he did more than Baldock did all game. He just looked lively and I really do think he needs to be involved in the squad week in week out now. He offers us something completely different.

I am hugely biased but, but Wes will terrorise defences much better than that which we saw yesterday.

I just wish we had grabbed the game by the short and curlies earlier, as i reckon SOD was waiting for the right moment to bring him on and would have done earlier had we scored earlier.

Against a tiring defence, he will be almost unplayable at this level.

I am hugely biased but, but Wes will terrorise defences much better than that which we saw yesterday.

I just wish we had grabbed the game by the short and curlies earlier, as i reckon SOD was waiting for the right moment to bring him on and would have done earlier had we scored earlier.

So the "b" in your poster name stands for "Burns" .Are Wes's Daddy ?

With Jet going today,he'll have more opportunities to shine ;0)

I said in the match day thread I wanted him to get a big 30mins under his belt yesterday. It wasn't to be but I do agree in that SOD was waiting for the right moment and it's a shame we didn't wrap it up earlier.

I don't doubt for one minute that he would cause all sorts of problems for L1 defenders. I rate Wes massively. I just hope he now gets a chance. For a lad that hasn't had much of a look in so far he clearly isn't lacking confidence. I loved the trick he tried on the by line and it just showed his enthusiasm and desire to impress.

I'd honestly love to see Burns and Bryan playing inside forward with Jay playing a slightly deeper forward role.

Give the boys freedom to run at people, make runs in behind and get balls into the box for the late arriving JET.

4-3-3

Any back 4, Gillett, Pack and Reid in midfield.

Or, 3-4-3, Wagstaff and Shorey as wide midfielders (not wingers) and a more defensively minded central midfield.

I'd honestly love to see Burns and Bryan playing inside forward with Jay playing a slightly deeper forward role.

Give the boys freedom to run at people, make runs in behind and get balls into the box for the late arriving JET.

4-3-3

Or, 3-4-3, Wagstaff and Shorey as wide midfielders (not wingers) and a more defensively minded central midfield.

Trouble with the latter, Jord, is I'm not sure Shorey's cut out to play mf these days, as yesterday showed.

He and Cunningham were the weakest links in an otherwise great team performance.

4-3-3

I'm sure we would all love to see the above JT.

I can't see it happening unfortunately though. We really do need to play with more width at times. Not all the time of course, I understand that it's not SOD's style but we do need a different option.

How was the team performance?

I was listening to 5 Live up here and obviously for our game only heard it was 1-0 until very late.

Was a comfortable 1-0 or a dicey one full of nerves?

We played really well, second half especially.

The longer it stayed at 1-0 I was becoming increasingly sure that D&R would equalise purely because we were having so much of the game and creating so many chances and not taking them that you could see us getting hit with the sucker punch.

In all honesty we should have scored a few more than 3 really.

How was the team performance?

I was listening to 5 Live up here and obviously for our game only heard it was 1-0 until very late.

Was a comfortable 1-0 or a dicey one full of nerves?

I think the renewed confidence which we all hoped a couple of wins would give them, had seeped into the side.

We didn't start looking that great, Baldock looked isolated and was cut out of the game by two big centre halves again, Cunningham nearly scored a truly bizarre own goal and the Daggers were the first to get an on-target shot in. HOWEVER, once JET's first goal went in, that seemed to rock the opposition and give us more confidence to play the ball around and run it up the field, rather than hoof it. Although for much of the second, we were defending a one goal lead, I never felt particularly worried about it. D&R simply weren't in the game, and towards the end superior fitness told and it could have ended up an absolute goal bonanza.

Trouble with the latter, Jord, is I'm not sure Shorey's cut out to play mf these days, as yesterday showed.

He and Cunningham were the weakest links in an otherwise great team performance.

I wasn't there mate, seems a shame as on paper out left hand side is probably the best in the division. Hasn't been the case this season at all.

Archived