IGNORED

Latest On The Stadium Redevelopment/ Ashton Vale (Merged)

Longacre_red

And i " may " spend my lottery winnings on my yacht eating caviar off Kelly Brook's chest whilst Nathalie Portman warms my silk sheets in the boudoir.

Can I come too?

Oooohhhhhhhhhhh maaaatron!

I believe the future definitely lies at Ashton Gate and it would be a major surprise if planning permission were refused, given George Ferguson's antipathy to the idea of a bigger Sainsburys in BS3. It is not the new stadium the majority of fans hoped for, but the redevelopment of AG will neverthess help secureicon1.png the club's future. Bristol City and their fans have been starved of success in recent years and a major infrastructure project of this kind will hopefully provide a focal point for recovery both on and off the pitch. I think all those who have seen the plans will agree, the new Ashton Gate will be a facility all City fans can rightly be proud of. Tangible progress on this project ought to engender renewed enthusiasm among the fan-base and be the catalyst for creating a mind-set that perceives Bristol City as a club on the march rather than one struggling to emerge from torpor. We can only hope that Bristol City councillors share the same outlook.

Totally agree with what Stockhausen says above, get on and build the thing.

Totally agree with what Stockhausen says above, get on and build the thing.

Second that! The club has said if we are in with a very slim chance of getting promotion (which lets face it we are) they start work asap to get it finished asap. Good news imo, will give the club a new impetus once finished-exciting times to be a city fan, once things are turned round fully on the pitch I fully believe we will be a clube (as a whole) on the up again.

Second that! The club has said if we are in with a very slim chance of getting promotion (which lets face it we are) they start work asap to get it finished asap.

When has the club said that? League position and the prospects for promotion (or even relegation) have no bearing on the need to build or redevelop. They will want to get something going regardless of current form on the pitch.

When has the club said that? League position and the prospects for promotion (or even relegation) have no bearing on the need to build or redevelop. They will want to get something going regardless of current form on the pitch.

It was an interview earlier this year with sl or one of the board I think. I think you've misunderstood my point, what i mean is the club are keen to start as soon as possible, even in this season, but they wouldn't have done had we been up the top of the league needing a full capacity (for the big games of course). Now that is looking unlikely the work will most probably start at the beginning of the new year, as the post reports.

It was an interview earlier this year with sl or one of the board I think. I think you've misunderstood my point, what i mean is the club are keen to start as soon as possible, even in this season, but they wouldn't have done had we been up the top of the league needing a full capacity (for the big games of course). Now that is looking unlikely the work will most probably start at the beginning of the new year, as the post reports.

Ah, I hear ya. Makes sense, except for the logistics of demolishing the EE part way through the season. Is that really workable?

We are a club in dire straights... Fans have gone from dreaming of playing premier league football in a brand new stadium to more than likely playing league 1 football in a mish match of a stadium that can only ever house 27,000. Some may say that puts the gas in a superior position to us going forward... The Ashton vale saga and the way we gave gone down with no fight or a whimper has left a massively bitter taste in our mouths...

Is that poor excuse of a stadium ( the new gate) gonna take that bitter taste away.. Nay chance

Archived