IGNORED

Latest On The Stadium Redevelopment/ Ashton Vale (Merged)

Longacre_red

Does anyone know if the Atyeo nearest the Dolman will be modified internally (a bit of a curve or angled section built)? If not, given that there is already a considerable pitch overhang and the pitch is moving further away, people in the seats nearest the Dolman will need to turn their heads to a 45 degree angle for the whole match!

This has also been my question since the plans were first revealed. I think the answer is: no. It will stay the same, according to all the info at our disposal (including the planning docs) anyway.

Unbelievable really, isn't it, that they seem to have overlooked it. Maybe there lies a clue in this that they intend to redevelop the atyeo properly in the near future.

In fact, I was so confused by this glaring 'mistake' - whatever we want to call it - and the omission of an explanation, along with the fact that the architects were relatively unknown and complete novices on stadium design that I actually wondered for a good while whether the plans were a sham, a faked distraction to avert rites from Ashton Vale...

These are the drawings submitted for planning in July so this is pretty much what will be built:

Plans and sections towards the bottom

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=MQQTQYDN00J00

What's interesting about those plans is that there is a standing area in the corner of the east end/williams, and the corner of the eastend/dolman, as well as standing along the front of the east end.

The objections all relate to increased traffic the lack of light,and a loss of sunlight.

I understand why they would be upset... But it's not as if we wanted this.. It's been forced upon us so people can have a 43 acre "village green"

In planning

There is a rule.

Nobody has a right to light

It is a shame, a couple of SELFISH people have stopped Ashton Vale (I hope their Grandchildren remember them for what they have achieved with their SELFISHNESS, for there futures.) 

They will get the 43 acre site, but it will be full of weeds and them (An ugly sight)

But they do not realise in about 10 years time, there will be houses built there! (SL will make his money that way instead) And they will not have the pretty park land that SL said he would provide, with 2 Pond/ Lakes for wildlife and pretty walkways through woodland. (This is when the Law changes for the better.) And he would have managed and maintained it!

A Major road will join the A38 with the A370 (Quarter of a mile long) Part of the Bristol Ring Road, and  better access to Bristol Airport.

They are living in Cuckoo land if they have not realised this already.

In planning

There is a rule.

Nobody has a right to light

It is a shame, a couple of SELFISH people have stopped Ashton Vale (I hope their Grandchildren remember them for what they have achieved with their SELFISHNESS, for there futures.)

They will get the 43 acre site, but it will be full of weeds and them (An ugly sight)

But they do not realise in about 10 years time, there will be houses built there! (SL will make his money that way instead) And they will not have the pretty park land that SL said he would provide, with 2 Pond/ Lakes for wildlife and pretty walkways through woodland. (This is when the Law changes for the better.) And he would have managed and maintained it!

A Major road will join the A38 with the A370 (Quarter of a mile long) Part of the Bristol Ring Road, and better access to Bristol Airport.

They are living in Cuckoo land if they have not realised this already.

SL sells the land for social housing thus follows an inevitable decline towards unsavoury behaviour, noise, litter, crime etc etc. Let's hope that 50% is left aside for the travellers permanent site with easy access to the A370.

They need somewhere to live too and the AV brigade, I'm sure, will be delighted to have a helped.

To Manon

Ethiad has no outside space, where has the AG site does - I should have been clearer.

The Carparking at Etihad is underneath the stadium - 3 levels I believe, but most come by train.

With some gumption, the train could be the best and cheapest option at AG as well.

When I went to the Etihad last season for a CL game, there was a mahoosive car park just over the huge footbridge from the stadium complex. I appreciate it's not actually the stadium site but that car park was enormous! The actual stadium site is relatively small but parking really wasn't an issue due to the car parks all around it.

When I went to the Etihad last season for a CL game, there was a mahoosive car park just over the huge footbridge from the stadium complex. I appreciate it's not actually the stadium site but that car park was enormous! The actual stadium site is relatively small but parking really wasn't an issue due to the car parks all around it.

Are we talking manchester or melbourne? Thought we were discussing melbourne personally but now I'm confused!

Talking manchester though, it really is frightening the amount of growth taking place there right now. There is a 7000 seat stadium along with a while sports village emerging next to the etihad. That club is going places, in a way chelsea failed to.

The etihad in melbourne is much much bigger than ashton gate.

The stadium alone measures approx 900 ft x 700 ft compared with ashton gate's 550 ft x 450 ft. The etihad suits atop a plinth- a large raised perimeter walkway (presumably under which lies the car park), which completely dwarves the space around ag stadium.

I really would be interested as to how you came by this figure of 38% smaller! Did you pluck it out of thin air?

Temple Meads or a car park that is a twenty minute walk away for people who take walking for granted may be fine but its a tad discriminatory if we discount those older folk or those unable to walk. On the rare occasion I am able to get back I now have to spend a fiver extra to park in the City car park assuming I book it in time so that my elderly mum and dad can watch as well. I suppose the alternative is to drop them off and then go park; not exactly what we should accept in the 21st century is it? All in all parking is a huge issue that the club would be wise not to forget about. They do that by being serious about the issue and not just say there u go we are providing 200 spaces but its going to cost a tenner oh and it's only for season ticket holders. If local parking is impossible then there simply has to be a rail station or a free shuttle from realistic park and ride locations. Without that you can knock off literally thousands from the gate because people will simply not bother coming for the hassle factor.

Moi?

If you are willing, I'm always up for a good internet brawl...no spitting or scratching allowed. Might be hard with the time difference tho.

Seriously though, I'm honestly bemused by your figures, which you've stated twice and once in bold. Doesn't matter how slowly you say it - of which land outside the stadium boundaries do you speak, and how did you reach the figure of 38% smaller?

I don't see the relevance of any future development of the walkway. The stadium, of which the walkway is in no doubt an integral part, was still built within a footprint almost twice the size of ours.

Over to you.

What's interesting about those plans is that there is a standing area in the corner of the east end/williams, and the corner of the eastend/dolman, as well as standing along the front of the east end.

Last one. Somebody from the working party can confirm or deny that the safe standing area has been altered. The image of the Wedlock at the open consulation day isn't the one now on the verge of being built. That will not affect the outline application.

• Admin

I agree. Re-opening the station seems a must to me, green capital of Europe and all that. I was rather hoping an elected mayor would cut through the crap and bang the respective companies heads together.

The only problem with the station is that you can only get to it from the North or by changing at Parson Street

There are plans a foot to reopen the Portishead line to passenges its part of the metro plan for rail travel in the Greater Bristol area.

More likely to get built first is the South Bristo Link road from Hengrove to the Long Ashton by pass this will also include a dedicated bus route which carrys on through to the City Centre on the old Harbour rail line.

Archived