IGNORED

Gravity

Gazred

Anyone seen it yet? Thoughts?

Watched it last night in 3D and i have to say its one of the most visually impressive and tense films i think i have ever watched.

Sure there is not a lot of story to tell or great depth of character but what is there is more than enough to keep you interested amid all the chaos.

Never really been much of Sandra Bullock fan but she puts in a very convincing performance. Clooney is his usual cool self.

Best new film i have seen this year. Oscars are sure to be heading its way if only for the cinematography and effects alone. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bullock at least get a nomination for one either.

Not seen that one yet, will probably wait until DVD/rental but have heard good things.

If your going to watch Gravity, do it whilst its on the big screen, preferably in 3D. Only the 3rd film i have bothered with in 3D but easily the best.

Not seen that one yet, will probably wait until DVD/rental but have heard good things.

If your going to watch Gravity, do it whilst its on the big screen, preferably in 3D. Only the 3rd film i have bothered with in 3D but easily the best.

I got a bit fidgety during the trailer so not sure I could handle the whole film.

Cap Phillips is brilliant, and I imagine just as if not more edgy/thrilling than the space one!

I got a bit fidgety during the trailer so not sure I could handle the whole film.

Cap Phillips is brilliant, and I imagine just as if not more edgy/thrilling than the space one!

Tell me about it, trailer sucked me right in and this from a guy who has a fear of heights and is a tad agraphobic. The opening 5 mins last night and i was seriously thinking about walking out, really wasn't sure if would be able to handle it when it all went tits up.  Very glad i stayed though.

Cpt Phillips is based on a true story as well i belive, that always adds an edge to a movie for me.

Anyone seen it yet? Thoughts?

Watched it last night in 3D and i have to say its one of the most visually impressive and tense films i think i have ever watched.

Sure there is not a lot of story to tell or great depth of character but what is there is more than enough to keep you interested amid all the chaos.

Never really been much of Sandra Bullock fan but she puts in a very convincing performance. Clooney is his usual cool self.

Best new film i have seen this year. Oscars are sure to be heading its way if only for the cinematography and effects alone. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bullock at least get a nomination for one either.

Its good dispite being a little annoying

Its good dispite being a little annoying

What annoyed you about it?

I will admit, i did get a bit "oh no not yet more peril so soon after the last bit of peril which is a lot like the peril before that" but then i guess that would be like complaining about a comedy film delivering laughs every few mins.

Very limited scope on what kind of story you can tell in space without making it a work of total fiction i suppose. No aliens, lasers or force powers in this one!

I was very disappointed in Gravity.

Was hoping to be blown away by some visually impressive 3D and nerve tangling, edge of the seat stuff.......i got neither!

I have seen better 3D movies 5 years ago, yet again another over hyped movie and i fell for it.

To me it seems obvious now that 3D doesn't exactly work in a space movie, you get no sense of depth in space

5/10 and i'm being generous 

I was very disappointed in Gravity.

Was hoping to be blown away by some visually impressive 3D and nerve tangling, edge of the seat stuff.......i got neither!

I have seen better 3D movies 5 years ago, yet again another over hyped movie and i fell for it.

To me it seems obvious now that 3D doesn't exactly work in a space movie, you get no sense of depth in space

5/10 and i'm being generous 

I've only watched a few films in 3D, the first was Avatar, can't remember the second...Clash of the Titans?? Anyway, from what i can tell, if a movie is filmed with 3D cameras the end product is better than if the 3D is added post production. COTT was a post production job and it looked shite. Shite enough to put me off watching anything in 3D for quite a while.

In Gravity's case, it would pretty much only be possible to add the 3D in post production as 90% of the movie is CGI. That said, the 3D is as good as its going to get post production. I actually thought the 3D enhanced the space setting, it has more depth and realism than any other space movie in recent years. More stuff on screen just makes for a cluster**** of 3D, it gets choppy and blurry. In this film, it's simple and clear.

All entitled to our opinions, i have watched plenty of award winning movies i didn't like. But 5/10 and overhyped? You're in a minority there i reckon and do the film an injustice. It's masterful on many levels, direction, cinematography, audio, music and effects.

It'll get a few Oscar nominations thats for sure.

Archived