IGNORED

The Mem

The Joker

I think the sags richly deserve having the piss seriously ripped right out of them, seeing as they had no sympathy for us when we were in their position and even went out of their way to put the boot in and make things worse by signing petitions.  

After the dust has settled though, It's about time we combined forces with the Gas and use every contact the clubs have to raise the profile of this ridiculous situation and get it out in the wider media.  At a time when government and local council are saying there isn't a pot to piss in, here in Bristol we have two situations when there are tens of millions of pounds waiting to be invested in the local area and the whole lot is being scuppered by a handful of selfish, blinkered, short sighted nimbies.  These self-centred idiots are willing to keep Bristol as a backwater to the detriment of the vast majority of it's residents, just to serve their own blinkered, selfish interests.

This has got to stop, as Bristolians are sick to the back teeth of seeing the city we love being left behind in the wake of lesser towns and cities who aren't constantly hindered by these nimby parasites.  Here is the ideal situation to make a stand and combine forces to take the battle right to these numpties and see what they're made of. :grr:  

I kind of agree with this sentiment but isn't it too late for us (BCFC)? We are, more than likely, redeveloping now not moving so what could we, as a club, hope to achieve apart from benefitting our neighbours? I'm pretty sure we asked them for their support over AV and their supporters publicised the NIMBY website and petition IIRC.

Balls to them and their plight in all honesty!

If you were talking about development in the city overall, then I would definitely be in support.

What goes around.....

Those are my first thoughts, although I do share the sentiment that its a farce neither club looks to be able to build a new ground to help move into the modern footballing era. We are lucky to have landsdown to be able to redevelop ag and still get all the facilities we need to progress. I know it has been discussed in the past, but could city and rovers look at viable options to build a stadium that we can share? If ac and inter , Lazio and roma can do it......

Although if we do redevelop ag, we could just let them rot in the mem? Choices, choices.

I kind of agree with this sentiment but isn't it too late for us (BCFC)? We are, more than likely, redeveloping now not moving so what could we, as a club, hope to achieve apart from benefitting our neighbours? I'm pretty sure we asked them for their support over AV and their supporters publicised the NIMBY website and petition IIRC.

Balls to them and their plight in all honesty!

If you were talking about development in the city overall, then I would definitely be in support.

No I don't think it is and judging by people I spoke to at the AG redevelopment presentation at the Gate a few months back, the club haven't given up yet.

I don't see fighting this now as helping the Gas, is combining forces to help Bristol as a city, because if the Nimbies get away with this, you can be sure they won't stop there and we'll be back to driving horses and carts in a car-less city by the time they've finished!

No I don't think it is and judging by people I spoke to at the AG redevelopment presentation at the Gate a few months back, the club haven't given up yet.

I don't see fighting this now as helping the Gas, is combining forces to help Bristol as a city, because if the Nimbies get away with this, you can be sure they won't stop there and we'll be back to driving horses and carts in a car-less city by the time they've finished!

Would the Animal Rights people let us use horses?

Seriously, you're right. We should fight this alongside the Gas and Glos CCC, unless we want to become a tourist village for Londoners to have second homes.

What goes around.....

Those are my first thoughts, although I do share the sentiment that its a farce neither club looks to be able to build a new ground to help move into the modern footballing era. We are lucky to have landsdown to be able to redevelop ag and still get all the facilities we need to progress. I know it has been discussed in the past, but could city and rovers look at viable options to build a stadium that we can share? If ac and inter , Lazio and roma can do it......

Although if we do redevelop ag, we could just let them rot in the mem? Choices, choices.

I don't agree with this. Part of the enjoyment of football is going to different stadiums and seeing clubs in their natural spiritual environments. That's why out of town stadiums are so bland.

Even though Newcastle is pretty much a brand new stadium, at least they've kept it smack in the middle of the town centre.

Would the Animal Rights people let us use horses?

Seriously, you're right. We should fight this alongside the Gas and Glos CCC, unless we want to become a tourist village for Londoners to have second homes.

Each planning decision is judged on its own merits, so Bristol Football Fans against the so called NIMBY'S is a non starter. Our application and theres will be judged on its own merits, if we got our new stadium granted, do you think BRFC could pick any section of land in Bristol and said, 'well they got there stadium, so give us ours' - it just doesn't work like that, and nor should it.

found it,

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

What goes around comes around, no sainsburys would be the icing on the cake after all the shit they have signed against our new ground and all the stick about the JR they have given us

what goes around comes around, that will teach them not to support us with our devlopment

Its 15 out of something like 70 odd new stores.

They are giving up on in the in the town stores and are concentrating on out of town stores and the smaller local shops.

Doesn't make good reading for anyone needing an enabling development does it.

As I said earlier in this thread...Sainsbury's ARE getting restless and they simply have not been building new stores recently. I know someone who represents Sainsburys as a consultant and they have confirmed this to me.

This new stadium ain't happening I tell ya! And what with them having no existing consent at the Mem they are MANY YEARS away from a new/redeveloped stadium.

In the "stadium race" we have just taken a strong lead, how the tables have turned...

Nick Higgs tells me stadium "will be built" and judicial review could be in Bristol early next year, saving time and money. #BristolRovers

Yeah, course it will Nick. Just like you said you'd seen the JR and didn't think it had any merit!

Oh and also Nick, they can appeal the JR decision so this ain't gonna be sorted by "early next year". Muppet.

Yeah, course it will Nick. Just like you said you'd seen the JR and didn't think it had any merit!

Oh and also Nick, they can appeal the JR decision so this ain't gonna be sorted by "early next year". Muppet.

How many times over the years have they been fed the same crap about a new stadium.

Our board get some crap but look what we could have as an alternative.

IF we are still chasing the Vale, isn't the Sainsburys news bad fir us too?

maybe but the gas haven't got a billionaire backer to make up the shortfall we have (if he wanted too),

All our planning permission has all been agreed gone through due process and is in place to start, what stopped us was the land we wanted to build on, not the selling of Ashton Gate to Sainsburys,

Still you never know in these cases

Isn't sainsburys just moving from one location to another. That means they get money for the land they own at the moment when they move, so not such a big problem for them to move to ag if av got the go ahead.

yes but its doubling in size into a distrbution centre as well, the type of thing they are trying to get away from,

Ithink in terms of sainsburys both devlopements for city and rovers will be scrapped now, ours wasn't dependant theirs was so in other words they are up the creek,

New ground and you f cked it up to the tune of go west :)

An amusing post from the slag forum  :laughcont:  :

WHAT THE F!? Why the hell were we invited to watch the confirmation on the screen at the Mem then!? Why the hell were we on the fkin news jumping about celebrating and had Higgs n Dunford coming in the bar hugging people n buying them drinks!!? I THOUGHT/Was led to believe that it was because WE HAD THE STADIUM! It was CONFIRMED! that's why we were CELEBRATING!! Now we're left looking like complete tits!

How many fkin hurdles have we got to go over!? That was supposed to be the last one!? But no there could still be more!? Why the hell did they let us celebrate prematurely like that!?

I'm fkin devastated with this news           

Archived