IGNORED

The Mem

The Joker

I spoke to SL and he said that the fast food outlets, pub and hotel would be leased to outside parties to run, thus ensuring a regular revenue stream. Not that it's going to happen now anyway.

Fair enough. In that case the 80% figure sounds less believable! Though I'm sure a hotel was not proposed as part of the AV planning application? It could've come at a later stage of course...

Fair enough. In that case the 80% figure sounds less believable! Though I'm sure a hotel was not proposed as part of the AV planning application? It could've come at a later stage of course...

The original plans showed a larger hotel (to cater for delegates at the conference facilities) but that was reduced to a smaller hotel, like a premier inn/travel lodge size hotel. I think the planning permission was detailed for the stadium but outline proposals for the pub/outlet/hotel.

I spoke to SL and he said that the fast food outlets, pub and hotel would be leased to outside parties to run, thus ensuring a regular revenue stream. Not that it's going to happen now anyway.

Exactly. KITR, did you honestly think the club would just say 'hey ronald, we've got a nice juicy prime piece of land, that will enable you to tap into literally thousands of burrrgggerrrrr hungry individuals...we don't expect anything in return'.

A lease for such a site would be worth a considerable amount, and I expect the fast food chains would've fought tooth and nail for it.

Sadly, AG already has a kfc, and the club get diddly squat from it.

Exactly. KITR, did you honestly think the club would just say 'hey ronald, we've got a nice juicy prime piece of land, that will enable you to tap into literally thousands of burrrgggerrrrr hungry individuals...we don't expect anything in return'.

A lease for such a site would be worth a considerable amount, and I expect the fast food chains would've fought tooth and nail for it.

Sadly, AG already has a kfc, and the club get diddly squat from it

Bit more complicated than that though isn't it. When you say "the club" you actually mean a group of landowners, not BCFC. None of us are privy to the make up of ownership of that land and who would be leasing what out. All we have it Geoff65's word on the subject as he spoke to SL... I'm not saying you or Geoff are wrong but precise details were never made clear publicly as far as I recall... You can throw Bristol Sport into the mix as well - how do you know profits wouldn't have gone into that pot? I'm pretty sure they would've in fact...

Archived