IGNORED

The Ashes Thread

Dolman Block B

Seeing them win a test against us just reminds me that we can't lose to them. All talk, talk and more talk and constant drivel of us being scared.

Their press are even worse! Some of the stuff they have been saying is laughable.

We have to win in Adelaide.

It's a must considering our record in Perth.

• Admin

They do judging by the Australian fans reactions and taunts about Diana etc and then defending what they say...

That's not banter, that's nothing to do with sport.. its crossing a line.

Warner clearly knew what the situation was with Trott, he knew what he was saying would have an impact on him whilst at the crease.

As for Clarke, how a Captain of a National team can justify his comments is a mystery

Warner clearly knew what the situation was with Trott, he knew what he was saying would have an impact on him whilst at the crease.

As for Clarke, how a Captain of a National team can justify his comments is a mystery

Well he cant justify his comments but he did somehow...

Quite funny when a British journalist picked it up on the stump mic and asked why he made those comments, he almost looked guilty but as ever fronted it up with nonsense by saying he's heard worse... maybe he has but as the captain of the national side you surely have to set a good example rather than  spearheading the taunts.

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm going over old ground here, but I hope Jimmy ******* breaks Clarke's arm in Adelaide. ******* preening, shortarse, smug Aussie****. I hope Johnson wears a couple too. And Warner. Watson as well. If our boys aren't wound up for the next test then I give up

Makes me wonder if Warner knew about Trott's impending departure the other night, I've read today that he didn't. I hope that is correct, because if he did then I hope he never suffers from stress/depression and has someone calling him out to the world

Was kind of hoping that the Aussies would win the 1st test to set it all up for some brilliant cricket over the next 6 weeks or so, but you've got to wonder now if they are going to blow us away. With no Trott, and no natural no 3 batsmen out there (Bell maybe?) if one of Jimmy or Broad go down with an injury we are well and truly screwed

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm going over old ground here, but I hope Jimmy ******* breaks Clarke's arm in Adelaide. ******* preening, shortarse, smug Aussie ****. I hope Johnson wears a couple too. And Warner. Watson as well. If our boys aren't wound up for the next test then I give up

Makes me wonder if Warner knew about Trott's impending departure the other night, I've read today that he didn't. I hope that is correct, because if he did then I hope he never suffers from stress/depression and has someone calling him out to the world

Was kind of hoping that the Aussies would win the 1st test to set it all up for some brilliant cricket over the next 6 weeks or so, but you've got to wonder now if they are going to blow us away. With no Trott, and no natural no 3 batsmen out there (Bell maybe?) if one of Jimmy or Broad go down with an injury we are well and truly screwed

I doubt he knew about Trott. That smart arse Vaughan didn't and made himself look a arse again while rapidly back tracking. I am sure he would have heard something from the England camp before the Aussies.

I doubt he knew about Trott. That smart arse Vaughan didn't and made himself look a arse again while rapidly back tracking. I am sure he would have heard something from the England camp before the Aussies.

Vaughan....glad it's not just me finding him irritating. Radio off when he comes on, great player but strikes me as a real shit bloke

Vaughan....glad it's not just me finding him irritating. Radio off when he comes on, great player but strikes me as a real shit bloke

Can't stand the bloke. Very quick to dish it out clearly forgetting the mistakes he made. He is a right irritating arse.

In fairness to Vaughan he was commenting on Trott's form which has been woeful, you can't blame him if he never knew anything about his illness.

No, you can't, but the bloke is still a complete tosspot who has a very short memory of all the mistakes he made.

Strong opinion not backed up with choices he made as a player, and he is quick to let all and sundry know.

Shane Warne speaking out against the print media in Australia calling them a disgrace and over the top regarding the childish and amateurish press in the build up to the Ashes.

At least one of them has the decency to speak against it anyway.

I miss that chap. Without doubt the best cricketer we'll ever see.

Shane Warne speaking out against the print media in Australia calling them a disgrace and over the top regarding the childish and amateurish press in the build up to the Ashes.

At least one of them has the decency to speak against it anyway.

The same Shane Warne who ripped Cook a new one, then retracted it on Talksport the next day? Attention seeking *****. Fine cricketer he was, he should stick to the poker though

• Admin

I'm convinced he did. Andy Flower mentioned that Trott has been receiving treatment since before the tour of Australia, knowing how close knit the players are there is no way that Warner didn't know what he was saying.

They are probably right in the sense that this was not the cause of Trott flying home, but looking at Warner's past he is clearly a bit hot headed and what better way to wind a player up than go for his jugular!

Between Warner and Clarke the two of them let themselves down massively

I'm convinced he did. Andy Flower mentioned that Trott has been receiving treatment since before the tour of Australia, knowing how close knit the players are there is no way that Warner didn't know what he was saying.

They are probably right in the sense that this was not the cause of Trott flying home, but looking at Warner's past he is clearly a bit hot headed and what better way to wind a player up than go for his jugular!

Between Warner and Clarke the two of them let themselves down massively

Agree Phants. Even Healy is saying it's gone too far, he was never shy of letting someone know what he thought of them, was he?

I don't for one minute think that England are saints when it comes to 'having a word', but some of the crap in the media over there is way out of line

Have a read of this, best thing i have read the past 24 hours.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/current/story/692537.html

Very good article there.

The only thing regarding the actual game in Brisbane... it seemed the cons were bowling a hell of a lot of short balls at the batsmen. I thought it was 2 max?? But it was like every ball at times.

Have a read of this, best thing i have read the past 24 hours.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/current/story/692537.html

Good spot Super

I played Glos County Div 1 at my highest, I had a problem with not bringing the bat down straight enough on a defensive shot and was getting bowled time after time. Like Trott, everything I could see myself in I was practising, seeing where the fault was. I was playing for fun, this is Trott's livelihood. I can see how it can affect someone

Watched Trott at Lords a couple of times, his routine between balls was amazing, and to be honest a bit dull after I while. I get it now

Good spot Super

I played Glos County Div 1 at my highest, I had a problem with not bringing the bat down straight enough on a defensive shot and was getting bowled time after time. Like Trott, everything I could see myself in I was practising, seeing where the fault was. I was playing for fun, this is Trott's livelihood. I can see how it can affect someone

Watched Trott at Lords a couple of times, his routine between balls was amazing, and to be honest a bit dull after I while. I get it now

For Cam?

No, you can't, but the bloke is still a complete tosspot who has a very short memory of all the mistakes he made.

Strong opinion not backed up with choices he made as a player, and he is quick to let all and sundry know.

He didn't do much wrong as a captain.

The only successful tour of West Indies since 1968, won every home test of 2004, won in South Africa 2005, lead the 2005 Ashes side with innovative captaincy.

The only blot on Vaughan was against Sub-Continent sides and his poor return in ODI's.

Archived