IGNORED

The Ashes Thread

Dolman Block B

Swann is coming to the end of his career.

good point

Do you think his surgery has hampered him ?

He hasn't really played on spinner friendly pitches to be fair to him, I said him because he is cherpy and talks to the other players and shows encrougment, Cook is just too defensive and doesn't go after sides, and I just don't like broad for some reason no idea why but there is just something about him that rubs me up the wrong way,

Peterson should of gone 2 years ago, Prior, Root, broad bat as if its a 20/20 game thats englands problem, there is no one willing to sit and build an innings they are alabout slog,

Our bowling has been poor our batting has been worse and fielding has been a complete joke, some major changes are needed first would be for cook and flower to resign

Root plays as if it's a 20/20??

1st test 2(7) & 26 (86)

2nd test 15 (80) & 87 (194)

3rd test 4 (16) & 19 (88)

Would prove you are factually incorrect.

Prior is in a terrible run of form, but when on song could easily take games away from teams quickly; a trait that people were always very complimentary about. Now it's not working people are quick to shoot him down for his style of batting.

Australia's version of broad, Johnson - bats at 8 and is very aggressive.

It just hasn't worked for England this tour and really clicked for Australia.

Australia's most successful 2 batsmen this series have been warner and haddin. Both very aggressive and attacking batsmen.

I personally feel Englands top order have been too defensive and let Australia dictate.

The Aussies tore swann apart, whilst our lot just let Lyon bowl at them all day without putting him under pressure.

England's best partnership of the series so far was bell and stokes, Who both put the convicts under a little more pressure by being a little more expansive (not 20/20 style but not just sat blocking/ leaving half volleys)

Getting rid of Cook and flower is not the way forward. Regroup and go again.

good point

He hasn't really played on spinner friendly pitches to be fair to him, I said him because he is cherpy and talks to the other players and shows encrougment, Cook is just too defensive and doesn't go after sides, and I just don't like broad for some reason no idea why but there is just something about him that rubs me up the wrong way,

I don't like him cos he 's a cheat, but let's not go there again !

Root plays as if it's a 20/20??

1st test 2(7) & 26 (86)

2nd test 15 (80) & 87 (194)

3rd test 4 (16) & 19 (88)

Would prove you are factually incorrect.

Prior is in a terrible run of form, but when on song could easily take games away from teams quickly; a trait that people were always very complimentary about. Now it's not working people are quick to shoot him down for his style of batting.

Australia's version of broad, Johnson - bats at 8 and is very aggressive.

It just hasn't worked for England this tour and really clicked for Australia.

Australia's most successful 2 batsmen this series have been warner and haddin. Both very aggressive and attacking batsmen.

I personally feel Englands top order have been too defensive and let Australia dictate.

The Aussies tore swann apart, whilst our lot just let Lyon bowl at them all day without putting him under pressure.

England's best partnership of the series so far was bell and stokes, Who both put the convicts under a little more pressure by being a little more expansive (not 20/20 style but not just sat blocking/ leaving half volleys)

Getting rid of Cook and flower is not the way forward. Regroup and go again.

with the same bunch of players?

we were very lucky to win the ashes over here, when was the last time this batting line up got 400+? when was the last time we hit more then 250 in the first innings in the first test,

The signs of decline has been apparant for quite some time now but England have done little to change it, They dumped Compton as he was coming good never really given keiswetter and the like a chance at test level, they won't play englands second best bowler Graham Onions, its gone back to the old boys club again, if you don't play for the right county you don't get picked

Hopefully Stokes will turn out to be another Flintoff, we have really missed an all-rounder and will help England have 5 bowlers which you really need these days. Fully expect Jos Buttler to become the wicket keeper in the next couple of years, his keeping is excellent. I think we have plenty of decent young talent in the game and whilst this maybe the end of this current team should be some good times ahead for us.

Hopefully Stokes will turn out to be another Flintoff, we have really missed an all-rounder and will help England have 5 bowlers which you really need these days. Fully expect Jos Buttler to become the wicket keeper in the next couple of years, his keeping is excellent. I think we have plenty of decent young talent in the game and whilst this maybe the end of this current team should be some good times ahead for us.

I think buttler is a great player to watch

but to say his keeping is excellent is way off the mark

Average at best

• Admin

I think buttler is a great player to watch

but to say his keeping is excellent is way off the mark

Average at best

Somerset made a massive mistake in letting Jos leave, he was still raw in many departments

But would not be surprised to see him make the test team in 2014 now he plays for a "proper county"

Somerset made a massive mistake in letting Jos leave, he was still raw in many departments

But would not be surprised to see him make the test team in 2014 now he plays for a "proper county"

Totally agree. I would put money on him now being the WK in the next Ashes series.

How is if possible for our batsmen to have failed in 8 consecutive innings?

Shameful.

We have failed to score over 400 in 11 consecutive test matches, this batting line up has failed for too long now. Time for some major changes in our next series.

I remember saying to a mate before the start of the series that Anderson's stock had peaked. As good a servant as he has been, I think he's nearing the end.

Pietersen, although devastating at times, needs to learn that a run a ball 50 is not what we need when our backs are against the wall. Far too irresponsible.

Panesar has never really done it for me.

Bresnan is in the team simply because he's a Yorkie. He couldn't be more average.

Still, there's always the 5th Test...

I remember saying to a mate before the start of the series that Anderson's stock had peaked. As good a servant as he has been, I think he's nearing the end.

Pietersen, although devastating at times, needs to learn that a run a ball 50 is not what we need when our backs are against the wall. Far too irresponsible.

Panesar has never really done it for me.

Bresnan is in the team simply because he's a Yorkie. He couldn't be more average.

Still, there's always the 5th Test...

Anderson will still play when in England as no one swings a ball like him in England, when touring it may be a different story.

Agree KP gone, Panesar won't stay nor will Prior I don't think. Bresnan won't stay in.

I'd like to see something like: Cook, Root, Taylor, Bell, Ballance, Stokes, Bairstow/Buttler/Kieswetter, Broad, Borthwick, Anderson, Finn.

Also one awful series, I don't think Flower should be kicked. Lets see if it acts as a reality check and how they do next summer. Flower has done an incredible amount for the England side.

Anderson will still play when in England as no one swings a ball like him in England, when touring it may be a different story.

Agree KP gone, Panesar won't stay nor will Prior I don't think. Bresnan won't stay in.

I'd like to see something like: Cook, Root, Taylor, Bell, Ballance, Stokes, Bairstow/Buttler/Kieswetter, Broad, Borthwick, Anderson, Finn.

Also one awful series, I don't think Flower should be kicked. Lets see if it acts as a reality check and how they do next summer. Flower has done an incredible amount for the England side.

I really don't think Joe Root is an opener, trouble is Carbs & Compo haven't really impressed and are both getting on a bit, is there anyone else on the circuit ?

Archived