IGNORED

Tamworth Ticket Sales

DavidNoble

Seats have sold out.

Last I heard (Friday) was 400 of the 800 terrace ones sold.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/awaytickets-tamwortha-1314-1176475.aspx

Same boat as you here in the East Midlands. Only 20 mins away for me.

Was in Tamworth on Saturday for a recce. Distinct lack of pubs :sad26:

That says seating sold out, there were 89 seats, i suspect the terrace is still available

Hi Tamworth fan here.

I can count at least 15 watering holes within 15 mins walk from football ground.

I was in Birmingham a couple weeks ago for a night out and we started off early doors in Tamworth. There is definitely not a shortage of Pubs! Cracking place for a few Pints!!

Distinct lack of pubs! Think you must have been blind drunk.

Gutted that the Twedale and Corvettes have gone but pretty certain the 9000 others still remain. Many happy days in 'Tamsworth' as my Brizzle ex outlaws used to call it. The above two hostelries, The Three Tuns and The Fox should have blue plaques recalling some of the events

Top place and people.

Distinct lack of pubs! Think you must have been blind drunk.

Gutted that the Twedale and Corvettes have gone but pretty certain the 9000 others still remain. Many happy days in 'Tamsworth' as my Brizzle ex outlaws used to call it. The above two hostelries, The Three Tuns and The Fox should have blue plaques recalling some of the events

Top place and people.

I am actually work for The Fox but it's nowhere near town centre or even football ground. It's over 2 miles away from football ground.

Your best bet is The Bole Bridge (Wetherspoon) and Kettlebrook WMC (nearest watering hole for away fans, only 75 or so yards from TFC entrance)

Be aware, Kettlebrook WMC does charge for entering, I think 50p. I haven't been in there for good 10 years!

I am actually work for The Fox but it's nowhere near town centre or even football ground. It's over 2 miles away from football ground.

Your best bet is The Bole Bridge (Wetherspoon) and Kettlebrook WMC (nearest watering hole for away fans, only 75 or so yards from TFC entrance)

Be aware, Kettlebrook WMC does charge for entering, I think 50p. I haven't been in there for good 10 years!

Excellent, excellent. Thank you, sir. I must say, this is all jolly helpful, and no doubt a sign of the warm welcome awaiting us for this big, cup upset.

Now, one other thing for you. You mention entry charges, is there a fee to pay to enter your well-appointed, charming non-league ground? And if the answer is yes, where are the best points for getting in without paying, bearing in mind I am now in my 70s?

Excellent, excellent. Thank you, sir. I must say, this is all jolly helpful, and no doubt a sign of the warm welcome awaiting us for this big, cup upset.

Now, one other thing for you. You mention entry charges, is there a fee to pay to enter your well-appointed, charming non-league ground? And if the answer is yes, where are the best points for getting in without paying, bearing in mind I am now in my 70s?

Can you not stand on your bicycle and peer over the fence?

Have they located the European Cup in The Fox yet?

Lived about 500 yards from that fine establishment.

Football ground is pretty close to the town centre pubs just across a park where my fine skills were often displayed. May need to dodge a few roundabouts (think Swindle) and a snow dome en route.

Lived about 500 yards from that fine establishment.

Football ground is pretty close to the town centre pubs just across a park where my fine skills were often displayed. May need to dodge a few roundabouts (think Swindle) and a snow dome en route.

Ended up in Sheffield ;-)

Football ground is pretty close to the town centre pubs just across a park where my fine skills were often displayed.

I think you mean Castle Grounds. Yes, football ground is fairly close to town centre pubs and numerous pubs around.

May need to dodge a few roundabouts (think Swindle) and a snow dome en route.

You cannot miss Snowdome, it's enormous building (green roof and cream walls) and roundabouts are actually easy to naviate.

Ended up in Sheffield ;-)

Football ground is pretty close to the town centre pubs just across a park where my fine skills were often displayed.

I think you mean Castle Grounds. Yes, football ground is fairly close to town centre pubs and numerous pubs around.

May need to dodge a few roundabouts (think Swindle) and a snow dome en route.

You cannot miss Snowdome, it's enormous building (green roof and cream walls) and roundabouts are actually easy to naviate.

Might it be safe to assume here, "Mr Staffy," for the benefit of our inquisitive and thirsty west country chaps on here, that by and large, with all things considered, and looking at this from differing viewpoints, the overwhelming majority of things in the fair town of Tamworth, including the town centre pubs, the numerous pubs around and the football ground, are all "fairly close to the town centre"? As well as the town cenre itself? Or am I being a presumptious twerp here?

Might it be safe to assume here, "Mr Staffy," for the benefit of our inquisitive and thirsty west country chaps on here, that by and large, with all things considered, and looking at this from differing viewpoints, the overwhelming majority of things in the fair town of Tamworth, including the town centre pubs, the numerous pubs around and the football ground, are all "fairly close to the town centre"? As well as the town cenre itself? Or am I being a presumptious twerp here?

Are you saying that Tamworth is, generally speaking, all in all, and taking one thing with another, a rather small place?

Are you saying that Tamworth is, generally speaking, all in all, and taking one thing with another, a rather small place?

I beg your pardon, sir! Let us go there first, endure a humiliating cup upset on national tv, then make up our minds.

It must be relative, I would think. To a hedgehog, or even a badger, or a Jody Morris even, some of the numerous pubs around Tamworth, and even one or two of the town centre pubs, must seem a long way from the centre of Tamworth. I fear Bristol and the gentle, rolling hills of sleepy Somerset, will all seem a long, long way from the centre of Tamworth, from the centre of anywhere, the centre of Bristol even, with or without a visit to one of the numerous pubs around Tamworth, should we fail to pull our socks up and put in a good, cup performance. Have ITV1 not seen our SOD's "entertainment" ratings? If we mess this cup tie up, I'll be telling Jon L to drop the SOdding bugger in the centre of Tamworth, and tell him to make his own way home

Hi Tamworth fan here.

I can count at least 15 watering holes within 15 mins walk from football ground.

Not down the main street where the market is (walked from castle to the railway station - 20 minutes) - there were just 2 near the castle. I just need some direction please.

I'm assuming they are all on the north side of the Anker (best named river in England)?

Not down the main street where the market is (walked from castle to the railway station - 20 minutes) - there were just 2 near the castle. I just need some direction please.

I'm assuming they are all on the north side of the Anker (best named river in England)?

Exit Tamworth Railway station take 2nd right (Albert Road) The Albert is in your sights, all right pub and selection of drinks are poor.

Continue on Albert Road and all the way to traffic lights junction. Turn left, The Globe is just on left hand side (listed building and CAMRA pub) and there is few pubs in that road..

1) Sir Robert Peel.. Real ale pub and CAMRA pub of the year few times

2) Yates

3) Old Stone Cross

4) Oliver's

5) The Bole Bridge.. Wetherspoon

On Market Street

1) Phoenix

2) Market Vaults.. Real ale pub and owned by Joules Brewery

3) Bow Street Runner.. Avoid as it only opens at nights

Near football ground

1) Snowdome.. There is a bar inside and right opposite the ground

2) Kettlebrook WMC

3) Frankie and Benny's

4) The Anchor.. Don't know if they are still trading. Will find out.

Exit Tamworth Railway station take 2nd right (Albert Road) The Albert is in your sights, all right pub and selection of drinks are poor.

Continue on Albert Road and all the way to traffic lights junction. Turn left, The Globe is just on left hand side (listed building and CAMRA pub) and there is few pubs in that road..

1) Sir Robert Peel.. Real ale pub and CAMRA pub of the year few times

2) Yates

3) Old Stone Cross

4) Oliver's

5) The Bole Bridge.. Wetherspoon

On Market Street

1) Phoenix

2) Market Vaults.. Real ale pub and owned by Joules Brewery

3) Bow Street Runner.. Avoid as it only opens at nights

Near football ground

1) Snowdome.. There is a bar inside and right opposite the ground

2) Kettlebrook WMC

3) Frankie and Benny's

4) The Anchor.. Don't know if they are still trading. Will find out.

Bless you, kind sir! Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to have to cancel. We won't be able to make it to yours the weekend after next. Having a bit of a "domestic" here just now. Hope it doesn't spoil things for you and you enjoy your day!

Thanks again...

Archived