IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Super

Pretty sad that we are so reliant on a 20 year old to offer us a bit of creativity that no other midfielder in this team possesses. I certainly didn't think at the start of the season he would be our key midfielder but he is exactly that and you fear another defeat if he doesn't play on Tuesday.

Pretty sad that we are so reliant on a 20 year old to offer us a bit of creativity that no other midfielder in this team possesses. I certainly didn't think at the start of the season he would be our key midfielder but he is exactly that and you fear another defeat if he doesn't play on Tuesday.

As well as no creativity we also have absolutely no energy or drive without him. He really does get things ticking when he's on it.

Although he's still got some improving to do he really does appear to play without any fear. That's what I like about him. It's even more apparent in a struggling side as well. You would perhaps excuse some youngsters for playing it safe so to speak, but not our Bobby.

He always looks for an attacking option or runs at players with the ball.. He only plays the "safe" pass if there is no other option. The rest of our midfield either won't (or can't) do this and almost always look for the safe option first.. Even Bryan has obviously been told this as he is much less attacking and making safer options than he was when he first started playing.

He always looks for an attacking option or runs at players with the ball.. He only plays the "safe" pass if there is no other option. The rest of our midfield either won't (or can't) do this and almost always look for the safe option first.. Even Bryan has obviously been told this as he is much less attacking and making safer options than he was when he first started playing.

Agree.

Although Bryan is very direct he still doesn't ever play with the same intent Reid does. Not sure if that's because it's a confidence thing or that he's being told to do otherwise or not express himself as much? Either way we are worse off without both in the side.

But i thought that was the way we wanted to go foward as a club?

• Admin

Of course the danger is playing and relying on the young lads too much, could burn them out and in the long term ruin their careers.

Need to be played sporadically and ideally have some of the more experienced players stand up and be counted around them

Of course the danger is playing and relying on the young lads too much, could burn them out and in the long term ruin their careers.

Need to be played sporadically and ideally have some of the more experienced players stand up and be counted around them

I never really follow this logic. Surely when you are 19 and raring to go, desperate to establish yourself in the team, is when you won't burn yourself out but be capable of playing twice a week.

The older players are the ones who won't cope with that challenge.

I never really follow this logic. Surely when you are 19 and raring to go, desperate to establish yourself in the team, is when you won't burn yourself out but be capable of playing twice a week.

The big debate is clubs don't give their academy players enough time on the pitch..

Of course when they're playing they need resting because you might burn them out, you can't win

• Admin

Physically won't be a problem, but not sure who mentally a youngster deals with continued pressure

I don't understand this, surely what we are aiming for is a team of 19 -22 yr olds that are key to our team, not a few token kids coming in to make up the numbers. The kids that are coming through need to be good enough to make people sit up and take notice and improve the team when they play.

Archived