IGNORED

Sod Gone

WolfOfWestStreet

Bloody hell thought they would keep him till Xmas ,but I realize some thing had to be done now . But not much time for the new man to get loan people in .i think will have to wait to January so will have to go with what we have. Wonder if who ever it is ,they bring back killa and fonts to look at

You can bet, whoever the next manager is will be a lap dog to the board and Lansdown.

It's no secret that SL doesn't get on with SoD... this is his doing imho.

I have no faith in this board or SL anymore... in fact I've always doubted their footballing knowledge...not their money.

I feel sorry for the next manager having to work with this lot...

I hope the fans realise it's the board killing this Club and not the managers.

You can bet, whoever the next manager is will be a lap dog to the board and Lansdown.

I have no faith in this board or SL anymore... in fact I've always doubted their footballing knowledge...not their money.

What I have been saying for Years Spud, eventually it is all coming  home to roost.  **** this club while the Lansdown's are in charge **** them to hell I am done with investing any of my time or money into it while they are in charge

Well he was right about some weeling and dealing but this wasnt what i suspected.

Well at least we dont get this new defender now !

I heard rumours of this ore match Tuesday which is why I haven't posted anything at all since, I was told the board expected us to lose and he would be sacked after the match, of coarse we played peob the best ive seen them this year so that didnt happen directly after the match.

Not at all happy to hear this today though

And as said it has to be a time critical issue especially with the Crawley job up for grabs as well now

Cheers

Mark

Exactly this!

Totally disagree with the decision, 9 points from last 6 games, 1 defeat in seven, progress was being made.  

Agree with you completely. The team and formation with this 3-5-2 system was starting to come together. Progress was being made, and now this! I'm appalled and starting to question my loyalty towards the club. 

Not happy at all. I'd be amazed if we could get someone with the same pedigree. He inherited a poor squad with no confidence and massive budget issues. SOD might not have done as well as we all hoped but his record shows he is a long-term, not short-term fix. Pity our board didn't have the patience to allow him time on an unenviable task

Spot on. The board are the one constant in the wave after wave of shite we've been fed.

What's interesting is the level of criticism of the board and the support for SOD which that implies. What's been more prominent on the forum for much of the season is anti-SOD sentiment, until now. It tends to confirm what many people have said in the past - that moaners are by far the most noisy section of the forum membership and the fan base in general, whereas there is a substantial but largely silent majority who see the sense in retaining SOD and in the overall, long term strategy.

I haven't been this despairing or as furious with a City board since Les Kew allowed Joe Jordan to leave without putting up a fight to hold on to him, an episode that preceeded a slow, inevitable decline that it took years to reverse. Lansdown & Co have done the exact opposite of what they've been preaching all season. It indicates an alarming lack of nerve and susceptibility to fan pressure. It bodes ill for the future of the club.

There must be more to this than meets the eye because it looks like an obviously stupid move. SOS was making progress with huge limitations to his budget. We will have to pay a year of his wages to get rid of him and the new coach will want further turnover of players. Backroom staff will be likely to leave and need to be replaced. All this costing money from a budget that is hugely limited by the 60% cap. If this is just a knee jerk reaction because of results then the board are the ones in the wrong. SOD had the ability to recruit on a budget and it is easy to forget that many of his team are in their first full season of league football. SOD had given hints about this - so it might have been in the offing for a long time. Maybe Gary is coming back??

Spot on as usual.

Johnson, Coppell, Millen, McInnes, O'Driscoll. There's one constant there. They can't all be bad managers, and a couple of them have since proved that they aren't.

Why all the panic and insults. SOD himself said that if he leaves then the club structure now in place will make sure the approach and strategy will continue and not change. If we were bottom 4 in January, you would all be on here saying how we were replicating last season where we held on too long. We are in a relegation battle, we have to try and get out of it, and after a relegation last year, just maybe a fresh voice is needed. There will now be endless debate about who comes in, with the likes and dislikes of all thrown in. Whoever it is must buy into the system we now have , but also have some ideas about how we get the team up the table. It probably needs, right now, someone with experience. I still think, due to timing, the club have some ideas already.

So a new manager every week then? Like the presenters on have I got news for you. Maybe season ticket holders could take it in turns to be manager for a week. Great idea...

Archived