IGNORED

Sod Gone

WolfOfWestStreet

I dont get our club no wins in 13 and he stays then 1 loss in 7 and he gets the sack... unbelievable

Within that "1 in 7" were still utter horsesh1t performances and a load of draws.

His term with us has been one of failure. Some of the worst standard of football I have seen down there in years.

Board is an absolute joke, get JL out just proves who you know and not what you know, why keep sacking manager after manager after manager it just proves it gets you nowhere and as a club we keep proving this, i bet the players are gutted and definitely means JET will be gone as he said he wants to be wherever SOD is. Ridiculous decision we have boards in place to look at the bigger picture, well supposed to.

Because the system, Pillars dont directly affect the tactics used on a match day, and formations used. There are other things including personality, results already gotten and so forth. The Coach/manager has always been an interchangable part of the system, even So'D recognised this.

New Guy, new ideas that may take us to a better place using the proto system we have to build a better future

The new guy may well do that and more, but conversely he may change things for the worse. If what you're saying is within our system the head coaches only role is to pick the team and formation on a Saturday afternoon then it makes no more sense as we've lost 1 in the last 7, i.e. the tactics are starting to work. I fail to see how we can have a long term coaching structure but not a long term attitude to the coaches operating within it? This isn't Burger King where you can replace your chief burger flipper with an advert in the job centre

As others have said, there must be more to this than just the results and to be honest, if its pretty much any of the names I've seen mentioned so far, I will seriously question the sanity of this board

The new guy may well do that and more, but conversely he may change things for the worse. If what you're saying is within our system the head coaches only role is to pick the team and formation on a Saturday afternoon then it makes no more sense as we've lost 1 in the last 7, i.e. the tactics are starting to work. I fail to see how we can have a long term coaching structure but not a long term attitude to the coaches operating within it? This isn't Burger King where you can replace your chief burger flipper with an advert in the job centre

As others have said, there must be more to this than just the results and to be honest, if its pretty much any of the names I've seen mentioned so far, I will seriously question the sanity of this board

Is he available?

Shocked generally, I thought the club was slowly building from the bottom up and starting to get the bigger picture correct with its youth policy and playing style, I also liked having a proper manager - some people might like an idiot waving his arms about all day but SOD was an articulate man who if you heard or spoke to, you couldnt help but understand how he knew the game and was very methodical in his ways. But ultimately it is a results business and that stipulates what had to happen despite a recent upturn in performances/results.

Whos next....... well I hope its not Warnock or Holloway as this would just divide supporters and its the last thing we need right now. I think we are either going to be looking at a unknown foreigner (perhaps someone that Tinnion has recommended) or someone like Paul Tisdale or Karl Robinson who would be my personal choice. The timing of this does seem strange and it wouldnt suprise me if someone has become available

People have said that about all of our last 4 or 5 managers, including GJ.

Not me. It's the first time I have said it for a manager and it is.

It's terrible.

The football was better over the last few managers and the quality of footballers was better.

How on earth anyone can think Aden Flint is a quality football player if fking beyond me.

Some have talked on here of insanity from the Board by sacking SOD. But how insane would it have been to keep a bloke who was taking us down to league 2. No one enjoys someone losing their job. But where I always worked if you do not perform to a standard you are sacked so why should be any different in a football club.

They've done it now probably to give the new man a month to assess the squad before the transfer window opens

Exactly. In these days of the transfer window the board have to decide to make a change now or never. Either that or we end up living off of crap from the loan market as we have for the last 3 years.

Might seem strange after an improved performance, but I guess he was given a minimum points pick up over the 2 home games and failed to get it. Stadium yesterday, so put back to today.    

I just received the email also  :(   Really strange.  Maybe there's been a bit of a bust-up behind the scenes?

Only explanation I can think of. If this was performances you do it a month ago. Tuesday was one of the better and more balanced performances and against the league leaders. Disagreement on something between SOD and board.

Agree with people saying we're completely mis-run in our recruitment of managers. Can't believe JL is still paying lip service to a strategy in his email today. Who is suddenly available now that has made the make this move?

It's a strange one this. His personality annoyed me at times and some games were dreadful but on the other hand he was rebuilding and that needs time. Then you look at the league table and think a change is need before it gets too bad then you realise there isn't exactly a massive pool of great managers waiting to come in. For me it feels like we got rid of a 5/10 manager when there's only 4/10 managers out there, just one slow step backwards. This season just sucks really.

Archived