IGNORED

Sod Gone

WolfOfWestStreet

A decision the board may have been forced in to with the fans missing in their droves. The reaction on here doesn't lead me to believe that the outpour is representative of the fanbase, far far far more damning is the significant amount of ST holders that don't bother turning up anymore - real fans who committed for a season but for one reason or another voted with their feet.

Odd feelings about this. 5 or 6 weeks ago I'd have been happy (or as happy as you can be when someone loses their job) but now I'm reticent.

Did they give him enough time? Probably not. This comes equally as a suprise considering the good performance against Leyton Orient (and previous good string of games), then again look at the wider picture. Playing league one football in the relegation zone, something far worse than this club should be. Personally I would have given him until the end of Christmas.  

Not surprised at all, just bemused.

1 point from 2 home games seems to have pushed the board over the edge.

Just don't understand why we never follow a long term plan through though.

My BIG worry is Hollowhead,they couldn't could they?

Oh they would, you do realize when you enter AG your actually entering into a theater that is one big continuous panto.

Did they give him enough time? Probably not. This comes equally as a suprise considering the good performance against Leyton Orient (and previous good string of games), then again look at the wider picture. Playing league one football in the relegation zone, something far worse than this club should be. Personally I would have given him until the end of Christmas.  

So the silent majority of supporters wanting to give him a chance should have to suffer the loud minority?

Always has been the case, and always will be.

Derek Williams already tweeted that he is 'gutted'.

SOD clearly had the backing of the players.

This was also retweeted by Marlon Pack.

Strange that this decision comes after an ok run, and after a good performance against a team who are flying this season. I'm gutted too to be honest.

Why are the club having a press announcement at 12 ?

Surely the bulletin on the website and the email says it all ?

They have already said Pembleton will be in charge for Saturday so it's clearly not a case of quick appointment ?

They also said Docherty would be in charge last time, then he was fired the next day/

I think the Board took note of the missing thousands. Fair play .. they've shown some balls. Absolutely critical now to get the right man for the Club .. and make sure it's for the long-term.  

No they haven't (shown some balls, that is). They've done the exact opposite - bottled it. And contradicted everything they've been saying in the process.

As for making sure it's for the long term, wasn't that what this was supposed to be about? If ten months in the job is long term, then God help us.

The chaotic state of things at the top is now truly frightening. There has been a leadership vacuum ever since SL took a big backwards step (which he's entitled to do - I'm not criticising him for that). We also lost Colin Sexstone soon after. I wasn't his greatest fan, but he was a very experienced sports administrator and a strong personality. In their place we have have SL's inexperienced son (and I'm afraid I would have to question SL's judgement on that one) and the invisible Keith Dawe.

To cap it off, they've now dispensed with a very experienced manager who was very slowly beginning to produce signs of improvement in what was effectively a completely new team this season. Too slowly for some, obviously. This is a panic move - precisely the sort of thing we've been blaming our current plight on. More of the same. If you were worried before, frankly you should be soiling yourself now.

There have been mixed views about SoD. It seems to be 50 - 50 on he should have been given more time v I'm glad he's gone.

At the same time there has been almost 100% criticism of Jon Lansdown / the board. I'm not a great fan of either but a lot of the criticism is, IMO, unfounded. Many people have said that SoD had to work under financial constraints which is true to a certain degree. However the board backed him to bring in a lot of players, either permanent signings or on loan, who should be good at league 1 level. The budget he was given was more than a lot of teams in this league - e.g Lee Johnson has a budget of approx 75p at Oldham.

The board also gave SoD plenty of time when other clubs would have panicked and sacked him much earlier. If he had to go, now is the time, as it gives a new manager time to look at the players before the January window

This to me all seems a bit sudden to sit easy.

If we were gonna sack him I thought it would be before the Carlisle game, but recently results have improved and didn't think we had done that badly since Carlisle. It also seems as if it's so sudden you wonder if O'Driscoll has actually resigned or something or maybe a case of the ideal replacement being available but they knew they had to act fast or they would go to another club.

All very puzzling the timing of it.

I've been out all morning with no Internet access and poor mobile signal. My son texted me to say Sod had gone, i texted him to ask how he knew and he said email from JonL, i told him it must be a wind up. i really didn't see it coming. Then frustratingly I couldn't find out more until I got in a minute ago. I am still staggered, so off to read this and other threads to see if other people are as shocked as I am.

There have been mixed views about SoD. It seems to be 50 - 50 on he should have been given more time v I'm glad he's gone.

At the same time there has been almost 100% criticism of Jon Lansdown / the board. I'm not a great fan of either but a lot of the criticism is, IMO, unfounded. Many people have said that SoD had to work under financial constraints which is true to a certain degree. However the board backed him to bring in a lot of players, either permanent signings or on loan, who should be good at league 1 level. The budget he was given was more than a lot of teams in this league - e.g Lee Johnson has a budget of approx 75p at Oldham.

The board also gave SoD plenty of time when other clubs would have panicked and sacked him much earlier. If he had to go, now is the time, as it gives a new manager time to look at the players before the January window

I find the fact that its 50/50 on SOD strange.

Most managers are sacked when there's a clear majority against them?

Something has happened. Perhaps he questioned Jon Lansdowns credentials when he refused to sanction a loan signing. Just guessing.

I actually feel for sod. We have been in every game this season, silly mistakes have cost us 15+ points! I suppose that could come down to coaching or the players just not having the metal. I question the timing, but I guess if your going to do it now is the latest possible it could come, and after almost half the season we have picked up a mear 15 points, pretty pathetic. I can see why the board have done it, but there was just such a fine line for sod doing well and not doing well this season. I think what also let him down was his focus on the opposition and negativity, we shouldn't be where we are- the question is who would want to come into this merry go round circus of a club!?

Archived