IGNORED

Sod Gone

WolfOfWestStreet

The whole things a mess now. Back to square one. Just who is there out there?

It's going to be the same for the next manager and he won't get the time he needs either I doubt. I wanted it to work for SoD but in all honesty he has been given as long as possible to turn this around. Can anyone say he has started to turn it around?

Sadly it's a result based business and as much as I wanted him to stay it's almost impossible to argue against this. Surprise surprise the board have got it wrong again.

Absolute travesty of a decision, there is nobody on this planet who would get anything more out of this young bunch of players than sod could of. Watch us replace him with someone who hasn't got one iota of sods football knowledge or know how.

Yes we have been very poor this season, but we were improving albeit performance wise not results wise, had we stuck with sod I have no doubt in my mind we would have come good.

Completely disillusioned with this club at the moment. :(

Absolute travesty of a decision, there is nobody on this planet who would get anything more out of this young bunch of players than sod could of. Watch us replace him with someone who hasn't got one iota of sods football knowledge or know how.

Yes we have been very poor this season, but we were improving albeit performance wise not results wise, had we stuck with sod I have no doubt in my mind we would have come good.

If that's true then we've definitely had it.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Agree with you 100% - unless the Board has someone lined up with a proven track record of taking young inexperienced players to the top I fear we're going to struggle very badly for the rest of the season.

If i could set his personal opinions of facism aside, i would have Di Canio. If we are looking to change the club then it needs to be focused, maybe an over discplined manager could be good for the club. Every business needs to have it!

In interviews. I imagine he is very different in training

So many people fall into a trap of not LISTENING when a speaker is not very animated or attractive.It is precisely when presented with this type of person that one should pay more attention to the content because this type is not one to court the limelight And rarely speaks without having something worthwhile to communicate.

Gobshites are ten a penny and empty vessels make the most noise.

Now,anyone else want to embarrass themselves by calling O'Driscoll boring ?

If i could set his personal opinions of facism aside, i would have Di Canio. If we are looking to change the club then it needs to be focused, maybe an over discplined manager could be good for the club. Every business needs to have it!

I really, really, really wouldn't and cannot imagine someone less suited to what's actually needed.

Because his record is terrible....

His recent record isn't great.  He did a great job to get QPR up but then his tactical naivety was exposed in the Premier League (he literally had QPR players screaming at him from the pitch that his tactics weren't working shortly before Norwich scored against them, for example).  But, far worse, at Leeds it seeemd his passion and spark has gone.

And frankly we've tried appointing managers with good past records but worry question marks over their recent enthusiasm before.  It'd be Coppell mark II.

Agree with you 100% - unless the Board has someone lined up with a proven track record of taking young inexperienced players to the top I fear we're going to struggle very badly for the rest of the season.

We are struggling now so we won't be any worse off. I didn't particularly think SOD should go now, i did think that a few weeks ago, but have you not been looking at the league table this season. As the e-mail states the league table doesn't lie and we have been in the relegation zone most of the season.

I have no ideal who will be the next manager and most of the names suggested do not inspire me at all but it wasn't working under SOD and the board have been brave enough to act early enough to give whoever comes in time to avoid relegation.

Like someone else has already said only time will tell if this was a wise move or not. I hope it is.

Interesting to see that this hardly causes a blip in the football world. BBC for example, it's item 8:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

........after some woman's football news makes 4th item.

(NB I'm all for women's football, it's just that generally news on that doesn't make the headlines)

Good riddance.

The arrogance is astounding. It's a massive IF that we will get someone in who will accumulate more points in the remainder of the season than SOD could have.

If we went down would you stand by your views? Probably not.

Mind you, neither would JL probably. It would be someone else's fault no doubt.

But the results were improving 6 points from 12 games then 9 points from last 6 games, this makes the decision after all the talk of stability even more ridiculous.

I can't believe this decision.  I've only just got online today and this is madness.

I'm not happy about this.  I'll read through this thread when I can, but I certainly would have given SOD more time.  End of the season at least.

I'd love to know who the key driver on the board was for this decision.

I think it absolutely has to be a new first-time manager.  The names being bandied either aren't suitable or have their best days past before them or were never much cop in the first place.  We envy clubs who had the foresight to give Adkins, Poyet, Rosler, Robinson, Rodgers, Martinez, Moyes and - hell - even Di Canio their first breaks but the only way we'll ever get a manager of that calibre is to identify them before someone else does.

Yes - inexperience is a risk but there are no experienced candidates who'd not be a risk.  It absolutely has to be a new appointment.  If it were down to me, I'd invite David James to an interview and see what he had to say for himself.  Throw in four or five more intelligent, articulate young coaches and former players who've got their badges and we might just unearth a diamond...

Really?? I'm sure there are loads of top managers that could get more out of the players. Not saying SOD was a crap coach but he's not the best in the world surely?

Archived