IGNORED

Sod Gone

WolfOfWestStreet

• Admin

SOD was willing to put up with large financial restrictions, cut the squad, cut this, cut that, he played our academy players. No manager will take us on with our record 

Of course someone unemployed won't want the job!!

Of course there will be people lining up to take the role on.

It never ceases to amaze me that people still believe that we are the only club making these changes

The Fourth Division beckons - but City can do it without me. The Board is showing once again that it knows frack all about organisation, frack all about the fans and frack all about football.

City will win a couple of games under New Manager Syndrome and then plummet like a stone. Well, they can do it without me. I've had enough of incompetent suits fracking up my matchday experience and fracking up my football team.

O'Driscoll was the one chance of putting back together the club that the suits had ruined. The club is, to coin a phrase, doomed.

Frack off, Lansdown, and take fracking Lindley's with you.

This has re-invigorated me in support for this club.

We had a man who was leading us down and we've cut him out and have the chance to bring in someone fresh.

To be 22nd in this division is absurd. As JL stated, the league table doesn't lie.

We went from expansive cavalier football losing goals at the back to dour rubbish locking up at the back, playing one up front at home and always, always liable to concede.

He didn't seem to have any idea what he should be doing - despite his legendary monotone stuff on the radio.

He is gone - we are the better for it - and we need to move on and up,

We had a man who was leading us down and we've cut him out and have the chance to bring in someone fresh.

To be 22nd in this division is absurd. As JL stated, the league table doesn't lie.

We went from expansive cavalier football losing goals at the back to dour rubbish locking up at the back, playing one up front at home and always, always liable to concede.

He didn't seem to have any idea what he should be doing - despite his legendary monotone stuff on the radio.

Division Four next season. No doubt whatsoever.

Worse? We got relegated last season, we are in a relegation zone again we've won about 4 league games this Calendar year ( not checked) it cant get much worse.

The Pillars will work, that I'm sure of, but that doesnt mean that a head coach has to stay in order for it to be acheived. It's about taking a step back and gain perspective rather than the mass panic on here

If things arent working on the field, then change is initiated so that some one who can potentially make the change so it does work is initiated. It's not about dynasty building or in this case panic. For once. This is a well thought out and judged decision by the board as it gives us time to affect change and hopefully turn the season around rather than leaving it too late and proceed to oblivion. Makes perfect sense from where I am

To be honest, I do get where you're coming from, it's just that on the face of it this decision reeks of short-termism and panic. You may well be right in your assessment but my gut instinct is this is another royal ****-up by Lansdown and his pals

Toys Pram Thrown? Suck it up Aizoon, we're here for the long run. Take a step back, ditch the panic and the emotion and look at the table. Based on results since he took over the board have in this case made the right decision, we have a chance to change, there is no doom. Sure we may fail, but it is no longer a guarentee as it appeared under SOD

The Pillars will remain so things are good. For once. all is good for the club and the knee jerking because a false idol has been sacked, is bizarre in the extreme

Not an idol - the man who could have done the job. If we were here for the long run, we'd have stuck with O'Driscoll. No panic, no emotion but disgust. We are totally fracked now - watch and see.

What a blooming joke.

I'm fed up with this pathetic club. The board are a shambles.

What then, Mr Lansdown, was the point in giving sod time when we were rooted bottom and on a 20 game win less run? We are slowly turning the corner. The ship has swung around, and about to feel the full wind in her sail...

I could understand it more if we lost on sat with another dire performance, but this makes no sense after a decent display against one of the leaders.

Is this for real? They keep asking us to be patient, and buy into their philosophy, then do this.

We deserve to go down now.

Toys Pram Thrown? Suck it up Aizoon, we're here for the long run. Take a step back, ditch the panic and the emotion and look at the table. Based on results since he took over the board have in this case made the right decision, we have a chance to change, there is no doom. Sure we may fail, but it is no longer a guarentee as it appeared under SOD

The Pillars will remain so things are good. For once. all is good for the club and the knee jerking because a false idol has been sacked, is bizarre in the extreme

I shouldn't worry about it. Panic is the most highly contagious thing on planet earth.

dads_army_t_shirt_-_dont_panic_cu.jpg

Well i'm glad it's re-invigorated you, because by the looks of it city have disillusioned far more fans today than re-invigorated.

Who on earth would take the city job now? Life expectancy: 10 months.

What a blooming joke.

I'm fed up with this pathetic club. The board are a shambles.

What then, Mr Lansdown, was the point in giving sod time when we were rooted bottom and on a 20 game win less run? We are slowly turning the corner. The ship has swung around, and about to feel the full wind in her sail...

I could understand it more if we lost on sat with another dire performance, but this makes no sense after a decent display against one of the leaders.

Is this for real? They keep asking us to be patient, and buy into their philosophy, then do this.

We deserve to go down now.

Ummm, we DID lose on Saturday with another dire performance. keep up.

Well i'm glad it's re-invigorated you, because by the looks of it city have disillusioned far more fans today than re-invigorated.

Can only speak for yourself can't you and it has re-invigorated me.

I just called my old man too and he said "Bloody good job, he was useless".

Onwards and upwards.

Flippin heck - shocked at that. Thought the green shoots may have been appearing against LO. Now we'll never know.

Struggled with SoD to be honest. Had the right ideas but somehow didn't seem to effectively implement them.... was it the players or him? His public persona wasn't brilliant either and he made the fatal error of criticising the fans. As much as I was willing him to succeed, for whatever reason it just didn't seem to click.

I think the Board took note of the missing thousands. Fair play .. they've shown some balls. Absolutely critical now to get the right man for the Club .. and make sure it's for the long-term.  

The Fourth Division beckons - but City can do it without me. The Board is showing once again that it knows frack all about organisation, frack all about the fans and frack all about football.

City will win a couple of games under New Manager Syndrome and then plummet like a stone. Well, they can do it without me. I've had enough of incompetent suits fracking up my matchday experience and fracking up my football team.

O'Driscoll was the one chance of putting back together the club that the suits had ruined. The club is, to coin a phrase, doomed.

Frack off, Lansdown, and take fracking Lindley's with you.

Like what happened under O'Driscoll you mean?

Division Four next season. No doubt whatsoever.

Nope. Dont agree. This squad has always been good enough for top 8 in my opinion. You just look at the teamsheet and think 'how in god's earth are we 22nd and getting beaten at home by that Brentford team'.

The answer is clearly the tactics and formation - and that is the manager.

What panic there is from the Board; yet another manager sacked, yet again the real problems not addressed. The Board stands accused of total incompetence in every sphere - the mind boggles at who they might appoint as manager!

How many of the players who came here because Sean was coach will stay? How many of the players who we got on loan because Sean was coach will stay? Does the Board seriously think that JET will stay in January?

Flippin heck - shocked at that. Thought the green shoots may have been appearing against LO. Now we'll never know.

Struggled with SoD to be honest. Had the right ideas but somehow didn't seem to effectively implement them.... was it the players or him? His public persona wasn't brilliant either and he made the fatal error of criticising the fans. As much as I was willing him to succeed, for whatever reason it just didn't seem to click.

I think the Board took note of the missing thousands. Fair play .. they've shown some balls. Absolutely critical now to get the right man for the Club .. and make sure it's for the long-term.  

I thought there were green shoots with the Carlisle performance.

Then we saw utter cack at home again.

It was the odd good performance and a load of sh1t in between.

Sheff Utd for me probably sealed his fate - he was gone irrelevant of Tues result.

What panic there is from the Board; yet another manager sacked, yet again the real problems not addressed. The Board stands accused of total incompetence in every sphere - the mind boggles at who they might appoint as manager!

How many of the players who came here because Sean was coach will stay? How many of the players who we got on loan because Sean was coach will stay? Does the Board seriously think that JET will stay in January?

Derek Williams already tweeted that he is 'gutted'.

SOD clearly had the backing of the players.

Who knows what happened in the meeting they had. SOD might have had some say in this too. 

I think he could have been given more time but our position is simply unacceptable. 

The fans have not got rid of him. The league position is the reason. 

I don't see what other option we had. We are 18 games into the season and we can't keep waiting for things to turn round. We had a few decent results but our performances have been no better. 

I really like SOD and his preferred style of play but it just wasn't working. 

Who knows what happened in the meeting they had. SOD might have had some say in this too. 

I think he could have been given more time but our position is simply unacceptable. 

The fans have not got rid of him. The league position is the reason. 

I don't see what other option we had. We are 18 games into the season and we can't keep waiting for things to turn round. We had a few decent results but our performances have been no better. 

I really like SOD and his preferred style of play but it just wasn't working. 

Archived