IGNORED

Holloway (Topics merged)

FredTheRed08

If you simply base the decision as if it was any other business (not football) Ian Holloway has the best record / cv and is available. In recent times he has the best record of getting clubs to the Premier League etc.

I would accept that business decision and tuck my small minded-ness under my pillow...

Imagine the vitriol after a couple of bad results? :facepalm:

• Admin

Millen has been doing a better job at palace than Hollowhead did. He took over from Dougie Freedman when they were flying high, with easily the best squad in the championship and nearly fecked it up. Done crap in the prem everytime

Let's be honest if Utd hadn't loaned their super winger back to them they would have not been promoted.

At one point they were walking the league and only scraped through the play offs

• Admin

Just had a text from a Leeds fan. He said all us city fans should get over ourselves and welcome holloway...he also said stay way clear of Warnock - lol !

Yeah - ask him if they would accept someone like Steve Bruce as their manager

Then he may understand

We are in a mess and need the best manager possible and that is Holloway; we all need to put the past to one side and think about the future. It doesn't sit easy, but nor does awful football and relegation!

Location would be good for him, but I am not sure why else he would come though.

The only reason Olly would not take the position, would have nothing to do with it being City, or the threat of abuse from City fans, or his so called allegiance to the blue few. It is purely down to what he fears as a "gas head backlash". He has survived death threats and abuse before (mainly from our fans) however his family is very dear to him, and he will never put them at risk again, of recieving such abuse (which he feels might happen, from certain corners of the rovers collective)

Why the F would Holloway want this job? Possibly alienate his adoring Gas worshippers unless he fails miserably, in which case he would damage his own prospects of future employment.

Imo this really isn't a realistic option not just for the fact that it would upset a large portion of our fans but also because it doesn't make sense from Holloways perspective especially as there is bound to be Championship manager posistions up for grabs in the coming months.

Holloway can't possibly be given the job - the appointment would be too divisive amongst fans... the Board cannot risk alienating sections of the fans when they have already aliented a large portion by their mismanagement of the club and their incompetence in allowing the club to slide to the depths it has - Holloway would be too risky...

Personally, I think he is an overrated charlatan who loves the sound of his own voice, and he doesn't fit my criteria of a manager who would be good for BCFC...

Holloway can't possibly be given the job - the appointment would be too divisive amongst fans... the Board cannot risk alienating sections of the fans when they have already aliented a large portion by their mismanagement of the club and their incompetence in allowing the club to slide to the depths it has - Holloway would be too risky...

Personally, I think he is an overrated charlatan who loves the sound of his own voice, and he doesn't fit my criteria of a manager who would be good for BCFC...

It already has.

The petty tribalism that leads many City fans to hate Rovers more than they love their own team has always annoyed me.  Yes it's fun to take the piss out of the Gas and I used to love singing "Cheer up Holloway" when he was their boss, but that was years ago and we haven't needed to play Rovers in a serious game for ages.   Grow up children.   Who cares about Rovers?

I think he's a hilarious bloke - a real character and one of the few true Bristolian who's ever made it to any level of achievement in any walk of life.  (brunel wasn't Bristolian or Cabot - Justine Lee Fuzzface anyone?)  Admittedly he comes across as a bit of an idiot but that part of his schtick.     

He's got experience and passion and some kind of a track record.  He's no Alex Ferguson, but let's face it, I don't think we can be too choosy.  We've just got rid of a perfectly good coach who was systematically trying to build a new team with no funding.  Anyone who takes the job on would be mad after the way the board have treated SOD.   We'd be lucky to get a manager who'd had the kind of success Hollowhead had had.

It already has.

errrmm... I did say that, didn't I?

Aside from the fact we are bristol city who he would never manage, are two leagues below his last job, and are in a relegation dog fight, what else would make this job attractive to an "exhausted need a break from football cant stomach a relegation battle gas loving well off ex-manager"?

The view of the Suspension Bridge?

Archived