IGNORED

Holloway (Topics merged)

FredTheRed08

We all hate the winker we know that but why not give him a go.

He cant do any worse than the last 3 managers.

and the ones who say they wont go any more bye bye.

Why not? Because it would tear the support in half, costing the club millions.

It defeats the entire object of real football. Rivalries, banter, tribalism.

He's an embarrassment to our city.

Oh no, Mr Holloway said something nasty about my football team, boohoo.

He also made videos about how much he doesn't like us and has been quoted in the press as saying that managing us would be "selling his soul to the devil".

People's support of Holloway as our new manager is a representation of everything that's wrong with modern football. **** the tribalism, **** the history, who's going to get us to the Premier League quickest

He also made videos about how much he doesn't like us and has been quoted in the press as saying that managing us would be "selling his soul to the devil".

People's support of Holloway as our new manager is a representation of everything that's wrong with modern football. **** the tribalism, **** the history, who's going to get us to the Premier League quickest

don't follow your logic there, fella

Bang on.

There is more to football than quick fixes.

Bang on.

There is more to football than quick fixes.

I normally agree with what you say mate. and I don't post that much anymore as you normally say what I think so no need to repeat it, but, I disagree with you on this.  To me, football and sport is about winning.  That is it.  If my Holloway can bring us success, then so be it. 

Pre-match interview, Blackpool v Bristol City

"Will it mean a little bit more to you Ian beating Bristol City?"

"Not at all. They're a good side. Why?"

"Being a Rovers man from Bristol."

"I'm a Blackpool man. Bristol City are a good side from my hometown and good luck to them. I have nothing more than a professional desire to beat them to keep us in the play offs"

The years have mellowed him. He's a professional football manager and I think he'd do a decent job,.

In theory probably an ideal candidate but his Rovers heritage swings it to a no for me.

Besides, we would be on a hiding to nothing with the Gas. If he is successful, we would never hear the end of how it took a Rovers legend to do the business for us, if he failed, we would never hear the end of it as it would be well done agent Holloway.

An overlooked "benefit" of Mr Holloway's integrity is his insistence on shaving off his contractual cut of transfers fees.

Other benefits?

His passion failed to inspire CPFC and Leicester City.

His loyalty sees him being a serial walker away from contracts

A toxic relationship with Citys more vocal support.

Amusing if anything else the topic.

don't like to admit it but i have total respect for the guy, especially after what he did at blackpool but also because he's an honest down to earth guy who isn't scared to speak his mind and is great at motivating players. saying that there is no ******* way he could ever manage this club for the reasons already mentioned.

I don't want to believe the text I've just received via a source at Palace...

Apparently according to them ( they being part of the coaching set up ), that Holloway was approached by us, after he got the sack their.

So who knows... I wouldn't put anything past this board now...

I've just got a job back in Bath after 4.5 yrs working away - could I have your season ticket please if you decide to get rid !!??

Im serious...your loss would be my gain.

Thanks.

By the sound of it you might be better off waiting until he is appointed and then going on trade it.co.uk where you might find a few dozen available.

Didn't take long. That's the day my season ticket goes back.

Why what is wrong with it? If you love, care and want the best for BCFC, he has got to be a contender, we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in now, and might possibly still be a championship side if he could've and would have been appointed a while back, I, and I know many season ticket holders who sit round me wouldn't have a problem with him being appointed,and probably a lot of true supporters wouldn't, I know a lot of people who post on here prob do, but I think that if we held a ballot of fans at A.G, more would come out in favour of him being manager than not, at least he would bring some passion to the side and ground.

What is your problem with him,?ok, he's said a few things, and wound people up, but that's all part of the game, The past is just that the past, and he's proved what a good manager he is,time for you to move on.we had, Pulis, Ward, Cooper, would he be worst than any of those?

Do you think that if he was appointed he would come in and not give it his all, and best shot then? Out of all the managers names mentioned he's got my vote.

Holloway?!

Yeah, why not. And while we're at it we could employ Stevie Wonder as the bus driver, Nigella Lawson as our community liaison officer for drug education, get Jimmy Savile in to do a few kids coaching courses & get the Lostprophets to do us a fundraising concert.

Jesus Christ! Some people are REDS and some people are BLUES. End of.

Archived