IGNORED

Holloway (Topics merged)

FredTheRed08

There is only one reason I would not want him at this club and that's because he once said "the only good city fan is a dead city fan" I'm from a family where bcfc runs through our blood, many of my family members are now no longer with us. Holloways previous comments Say to me that he's happy their dead, a couple of less city fans in the world. If he was appointed I would be done with this club. First off I would be down at Ashton Gate within 10 minutes voicing my displeasure. Any City fans that would support his appointment are a disgrace to this club. The guy is absolutely vile and it would turn into another pulis situation.

Bet you would, if the team started to do well, win matches, be in with a chance of promotion, you can seriously tell me you wouldn't go?

I agree with City Loyal, I too would never return to AG or give them a penny of my money again. Bcfc would be gone for me. I have morals, a few wins or promotions wouldn't change them morals, the bloke has said disgusting vile things are our club and supporters, that I could never forgive or get over.

There is only one reason I would not want him at this club and that's because he once said "the only good city fan is a dead city fan" I'm from a family where bcfc runs through our blood, many of my family members are now no longer with us. Holloways previous comments Say to me that he's happy their dead, a couple of less city fans in the world. If he was appointed I would be done with this club. First off I would be down at Ashton Gate within 10 minutes voicing my displeasure. Any City fans that would support his appointment are a disgrace to this club. The guy is absolutely vile and it would turn into another pulis situation.

So none of us have ever said anything like i could kill him .we dont really mean it do we he was young and he played fir rovers i expect even you might have said something similar and didnt mean it seriously come on .

NO NO NO. Yes, I think he would do a good job if he got the job.

However, where is the pride people? This is Holloway - gas through and through. For goodness sake, stop all this friendly stuff. Its embarrassing that our fans now clap him. Shows whats wrong with modern football - no passion and no pride from the fans. Would he have got this reception 30 years ago? No. Time machine please, I want some passion, fans freedom and atmosphere back in my club.

Good manager but definitely not for us.

Ffs...we need to stop all this small minded crap. He would do a good job if appointed

Most probably thought the same about Pulis and he messed this football club right up. Even he later admitted due to his loyalties to rovers he found it very difficult to manage us. To me that was him saying he tried to ruin us on purpose.

So none of us have ever said anything like i could kill him .we dont really mean it do we he was young and he played fir rovers i expect even you might have said something similar and didnt mean it seriously come on .

disrespecting our fans is one thing, disrespecting our sadly departed fans is a completely different matter.

He could never manage City, just as Johnson could never have gone to Rovers.  At the first sign of anything going wrong, the fans would be on his back.  The other thing is, he is not just someone who was once associated with the gas.  He supported them as a boy, played for them, managed them and used an open top bus tour to insult City.  Oh, and at the moment only two-thirds of Bristol football fans hate him.  Take the City job and all Bristol football fans would hate him, for different reasons.

That is unbelievably over the top!

The guy is a professional football manager and if he wants the job he should get it.

He'll be a lot better than the idiot we just sacked.

• Admin

Ffs...we need to stop all this small minded crap. He would do a good job if appointed

Unbelievable, you call it small minded and are obviously oblivious to the history and his comments full of vitriol towards us. As for doing a good job, I can't see it, he'd alienate many fans who would no longer set foot in AG, those that managed to, but with severe reservations would make his life hell for every defeat, odd substitution etc.

Its a no brainer, he would be the most devisive Manager that could be appointed, he would be at risk of continual verbal and possibly, physical assault should things not improve. He strikes me as the sort of character who doesn't cope with that well, whereas someone like Warnock seemed to thrive on it.

The guy is a professional football manager and if he wants the job he should get it.

over the top? I don't appreciate my deceased relatives being ill spoken of, you may but I certainly don't.

Holloway?!

Yeah, why not. And while we're at it we could employ Stevie Wonder as the bus driver, Nigella Lawson as our community liaison officer for drug education, get Jimmy Savile in to do a few kids coaching courses & get the Lostprophets to do us a fundraising concert.

Jesus Christ! Some people are REDS and some people are BLUES. End of.

move on !!

Maybe with fickle support like yours the club you should be supporting is the Maylasian Red Dragons?? You seem a perfect fit.

Three pages on Holloway?... seriously?

I don't think that there is anyone 'lined up', but although I haven't got a clue who the next guy will be, the board would have to he suicidal to appoint Hollowhead... and he wouldn't be stupid enough to come here... just IMO btw.

don't follow your logic there, fella

The point is that if you want Holloway to be manager at Ashton Gate, there is an equivocation between you and a red flag-waving Cardiff fan; you're sacrificing the tribalism of club football because you feel it's a shortcut to the big time. If that's what you want there are hundreds of pubs across Bristol showing Premier League matches at 1.30 and 4 on a Sunday and you might be more at home there

If we forget these tribal boundaries- City vs Rover or whatever it is in whatever town- then football as we know it is dead. Holloway is too much "one of them" for me to accept him

Oh no, Mr Holloway said something nasty about my football team, boohoo.

If you had spent season after season watching that scrawny little fxxxxxr playing against us,whinging,cheating, disputing every decision,trying to referee every game in the late 80's early 90's,you may have a clue about how a lot of us feel about him.

But you obviously didn't ,so don't underestimate just how much some of us hate him.

This is a person who won't wear the colour RED because it's our colour.

Some of our support need to wake up.

Edit, here's a couple lines from a piece I just found about the bloke,when he was manager of Blackpool.

Holloway next faces the team he rejected as a boy in favour of rivals Bristol Rovers (he still dislikes red, Bristol City's colours).

over the top? I don't appreciate my deceased relatives being ill spoken of, you may but I certainly don't.

Come on bud, these are words said in jest by a young man 25 years ago, probably in response to some idiots saying something sh1tty about his kids. Holloway is a fierce competitor but if you think he would be happy to hear about a city fan dying for real, you are out of your mind.

For what is worth, he would be an ideal appointment in terms of his cv, and style of management in my opinion, but I am not sure that the board would take the risk.

You just don't get it do you.

The bloke has BRISTOL ROVERS running through his veins.

FFS,don't you and others actually understand who this "professional football manager" actually is????.

I'm now beginning to understand what happened at Cardiff, football fans have gone soft, and it seems will now accept anything and anyone at there football club.

You just don't get it do you.

The bloke has BRISTOL ROVERS running through his veins.

FFS,don't you and others actually understand who this "professional football manager" actually is????.

I'm now beginning to understand what happened at Cardiff, football fans have gone soft, and it seems will now accept anything and anyone at there football club.

Bill, Chill........all said n done, it,s only foootball.......thats all it is

Archived