IGNORED

Holloway (Topics merged)

FredTheRed08

All these sorts of arguments are the same as when Rangers signed Mo Johnston-I'll never watch them again, burning season tickets etc, but the crowds still came and on life goes. Holloway was on the recieving end of some really vile stuff from City fans in his playing days so nothing to be proud of there on both sides. Looking at the current list of contenders he stands out a mile for me.All the arguments against are basically 'he is a Gashead'. Holloway for me.

We are Bristol City FC

we are not some souless plastic entity with no history.

If you want Holloway are you sure you are a city fan?

I want Holloway (or Warnock) as manager.

I've been watching the club for 34 of my 41 years.

I'm a season ticket holder.

I make a 450 mile round trip to watch home games.

You tell me - am I a fan?

I would have Holloway over any one of the names on the bookies list I saw.. The guy is now a middle aged family man, he has grown up! I think he's always had a grudging respect for us, and if we did get him I think it would be a bit of a dagger in the heart for gasheads because I know that they would love to have him back there!

There's too much history.

This argument that the only problem is that he's a sag is akin to saying the only problem with Linda MaCartney running a slaughter house id that she's vegetarian, the only problem with Neil Lennon taking over the church of England is that he's Catholic and the only problem with Boris Johnson taking leasership of the Labour party is that he's Boris.

He's not just any old sadsag.

My only grudging respect for him is in the words of that 442 article. Even he knows it'd be selling his soul coming here.

It had to be the day that a gashead got a 4 year ban for 'an agressive gesture' towards City fans is the day people are seriously talking about him for our top job. WTF has happened to football that people are even contemplating appointing Holloway as CITY Manager?

Please god, no!

I know you're 'old school' Aiz that's why I was shocked when you said you were a fan of the man people called Mr Gas!

The logic in appointing him makes sense and even the likes of Arny seem to welcome it (???) but it just can't happen IMHO. We all wanted to rip his head off 23 years ago FFS!

It would be an absurd and divisive decision - just the sort of thing I'd expect from our board. Fortunately Holloway has more sense than to accept it.

Holloway?!

Yeah, why not. And while we're at it we could employ Stevie Wonder as the bus driver, Nigella Lawson as our community liaison officer for drug education, get Jimmy Savile in to do a few kids coaching courses & get the Lostprophets to do us a fundraising concert.

Jesus Christ! Some people are REDS and some people are BLUES. End of.

Not going to happen. Savile is dead.

so all the people who don't want him cause the gas link would rather end up in basement footy rather than having a successful candidate?

cutting your nose to spite your face springs to mind :-/

As much as I don't like the bloke I'd rather him for the good the club.

• Admin

so all the people who don't want him cause the gas link would rather end up in basement footy rather than having a successful candidate?

Its for the good of the club that he shouldn't even be mentioned as a candidate, he would tear the fanbase apart, I am 100% in the camp that would not set foot in the Gate until he and the board that appointed him had gone. Its irrational and illogical, but thats football.

Holloway has 3 relegations on his cv, don't kid yourself he wouldn't make it 4,if given the chance.

Its for the good of the club that he shouldn't even be mentioned as a candidate, he would tear the fanbase apart, I am 100% in the camp that would not set foot in the Gate until he and the board that appointed him had gone. Its irrational and illogical, but thats football.

Dead right. I'm in the opposite camp, but still think it would be a disaster for the fans. Prolly be announced tomorrow, then :(

Holloway?!

Yeah, why not. And while we're at it we could employ Stevie Wonder as the bus driver, Nigella Lawson as our community liaison officer for drug education, get Jimmy Savile in to do a few kids coaching courses & get the Lostprophets to do us a fundraising concert.

Jesus Christ! Some people are REDS and some people are BLUES. End of.

I don't really think you've thought about this, trying to be funny but failing quite miserably, well done!

Danny Wilson managed both Sheffield clubs and played for Wednesday. I can understand some fans objections, but at least he is Bristol through and through. I mean what managers are available, that will come, and can do a job. There are few that don't have baggage because that is the nature of the job. he has done well at many clubs with few failures. I gave up considering that Rovers even exist ten years ago. 

Wilson was never taken to heart by the Blades fans. It was an inconvenient marriage. 

• Admin

I gave up considering that Rovers even exist ten years ago.

And so did I, but I bet Hollowhead hasn't, for this reason he would be poison to this club, you can see how devisive SO'D and his sacking has been, I am pretty certain, that if for some unimmaginable reason the board appointed the stereotypical Bristol bumpkin, the devisiveness of the current situation would look like a group hug of the paciifist society, against what would follow a bad run of results from Hollowhead.

If Holloway was ever accepted City manager I would not only give up on this club, but with football in general.

If somebody like that could be welcomed in and cheered by the Ashton Gate crowd, then football as I know it would be dead. While we're at it, why don't change our kit to Pink and Yellow spots and go and play in Cornwall. Because at the end of the day nothing really matters does it?

What do we stand for as a club? Because if Holloway could ever be our manager, then I would argue we stand for absolutely nothing. I simply do not understand what the people that want him here see in football in the same way I will never understand Cardiff fans that are happy to play in red.

There are plenty of candidates for this job that I don't like and/or think are poor managers, but should they be named I would be fully behind them. But not him. Never.

Archived