IGNORED

Holloway (Topics merged)

FredTheRed08

ill explain like this it's like letting your worst enemy sleep with your wife because your might get a new car out of it! It would never happen this should never happen!

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to sleep with my wife. No, hang on, that doesn't sound right...

• Admin

For goodness sake, are we basing it on a silly thing he said in the heat of the moment when a fair few of us weren't even born?

Do you have the same take on Gengis Ghan, Hitler, Mao........ You weren't born when they inflicted their regimes on people.

Plenty of us were born and witnessed the sag ******* goading and insulting us, I would be totally shocked if he even considered managing us, should the board be stupid enough to offer him the position.

This he gets very very personal towards city fans when there are no cameras or sound recorders around.  Naivity when he was young allowed himself to show part of his true colours

So only when no cameras are around eh?

I'll go with what I have seen him say and how he has behaved.

And I applauded him when he came out at AG and he applauded the stand back by the way.

Pretty sure you (like me) did and said some things in the past that we regret. Particularly 23 years ago.

Do you have the same take on Gengis Ghan, Hitler, Mao........ You weren't born when they inflicted their regimes on people.

Plenty of us were born and witnessed the sag ******* goading and insulting us, I would be totally shocked if he even considered managing us, should the board be stupid enough to offer him the position.

Godwin's Law (1990)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison being drawn upon or involving Adolf Hitler or Nazis approaches. Given enough time, no matter what the subject or the scope somebody will make a reference to Hitler"

So only when no cameras are around eh?

I'll go with what I have seen him say and how he has behaved.

And I applauded him when he came out at AG and he applauded the stand back by the way.

Pretty sure you (like me) did and said some things in the past that we regret. Particularly 23 years ago.

23 years ago 15 years ago 7, 3 and 2 years ago, he hasn't changed.  He would like you to believe he has, unfortunately I have been on the end of it twice and witnessed it the other times.  Only once  was what he said warranted.  So i will go with my personal experience of the guy, over the media trained version of the guy.

• Admin

Godwin's Law (1990)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison being drawn upon or involving Adolf Hitler or Nazis approaches. Given enough time, no matter what the subject or the scope somebody will make a reference to Hitler"

So who's law relates to Genghis Ghan?

Ask yourself - if you found yourself out of work - would you not take a job on offer, because you may 20 years ago have not liked the company???

I know I would. If I was a football coach, I would happily work for Bristol Rovers or Cardiff City if the money is right.

Even if it would massively piss off the people who love you? What about if a sizeable number of Rovers and Cardiff fans really don't like you, would that be an issue? remember you could find yourself in line for a better paid job somewhere else if you just sit tight and wait for the enevitable vacancies to appear.

As for Marcus Stewart, I doubt he publicly slagged off the Gas before going there. Neither Alan Walsh or John Ward are actual fans of City or Rovers, you can compare them to Holloway.

A lot of us really don't want him here and I don't believe for one second he would come, I'd be amazed if he's even been approached.

Please tell me you haven't just compared people who killed milions of innocent human beings to someone giving out some banter.

Jesus Christ some people need to get a real life. I remember some kid calling me a poo-poo head once in play group in about 1988. Going by this thread, maybe I should still hold a grudge.

If Holloway was appointed, I would wish the club every success, but would not pay to watch them during his tenure. If city went on to conquer Europe, it would makeme immensely proud but I detest the bloke, his history and what he stands.

Growing up following city nIn the 80s the rivalry meant to much to me and maybe that his lost on some of our younger or more vanilla fans. Its a principle I will stick too and I would be letting myself down if I attended a game with him in charge.I choose to draw the line there and would be a coward to cross.

I vehemently despise Bristol Rovers and despise Ian Holloway. 

No matter who was employed as our Manager I would just have to accept it, I could not just sat 'that's it I'm off, as much as I may want to it wouldn't work, as it wouldn't I suppose all that say that's it, no more City, I mean how can you turn your back on real family?

Loyalty is what makes us City fans, we are not plastic supporters , not the supporters of a team that won the Premier League last May, and switching to the team that look like winning it this May...We are in for the long ride wherever we are taken and whoever is in charge at the time.   

So enough of this BS about not going, won't listen on the radio etc etc, 'cus you know you will that's why you are a  City fan and not Man U, Chelsea or whoever next . :city:

Not true, I am not going while the Lansdowns are in charge, and I haven't been since I made that statement.  if holloway comes in, that is away games off the list as well. That is how much I feel about it.

Is is everything any city supporter should despise

No matter who was employed as our Manager I would just have to accept it, I could not just sat 'that's it I'm off, as much as I may want to it wouldn't work, as it wouldn't I suppose all that say that's it, no more City, I mean how can you turn your back on real family?

Loyalty is what makes us City fans, we are not plastic supporters , not the supporters of a team that won the Premier League last May, and switching to the team that look like winning it this May...We are in for the long ride wherever we are taken and whoever is in charge at the time.   

So enough of this BS about not going, won't listen on the radio etc etc, 'cus you know you will that's why you are a  City fan and not Man U, Chelsea or whoever next . :city:

Are sheep loyal to the shepherd?

Show some real passion and ask yourself what does it mean to be a fan.

If anything the blind following and lack of understanding dies make you sound like a dustant utd fan.

Sorry if already posted. Can't keep up with the volume of posts on here.

Personally I think Horace is more likely to be appointed City manager than Holloway but:

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Ian-Holloway-replace-Sean-O-Driscoll-Bristol-City/story-20235868-detail/story.html

Horace would certainly get a better reaction from the City faithful, but he's currently unavailable. Maybe in March when we sack the next manager and he comes out of hibernation.

• Admin

Please tell me you haven't just compared people who killed milions of innocent human beings to someone giving out some banter.

Jesus Christ some people need to get a real life. I remember some kid calling me a poo-poo head once in play group in about 1988. Going by this thread, maybe I should still hold a grudge.

No, reread the thread, its about forgiving someone, just because it happened sometime ago - before the poster was born, extreme examples, but thats all they are, we all know that hollowhead is far worse than any of those historic dictators.........

Because he could do a good job for the club as manager.

He could equally do a shite job. his record is as bad as it is good, added to the jumping ship qualities he has when stating he is happy where he is.

Not only is he rightly disliked by a lot of city fans, he is disliked by many other fans for poor management and lying about his true intentions.

Steer well clear

Archived