IGNORED

Official Match Day Thread - Bristol City Vs Rotherham

ciderbeans

Add 'Leadership' to that list and I agree.

Which manager do I think will sort this rabble out SoD or SC?

I'd go for the latter personally.

I'm not knocking SC. I wouldn't choose his style personally, but that's a matter of taste. Changing from one to the other in mid season is madness, though. It would be just as daft the other way round.

What they All did n't do what they were told to ?Did they do this on purpose?

Where the instructions simple and clear ? Was it worked on in training?

Are you surprised that after 10 months of SOD's training they can't suddenly change like that .

It will take time and i hope it clicks and PDQ for SC .We have very little choice.In the meantime "Same Shit different day "

Professional players 'didnt do what they were told to do'? Awww poor babies! They havent been capable of doing something i was taught when i was 7 years old, pass AND MOVE!! The pass and stand dead still whilst admiring another sideways worldy is a treat indeed to be constantly subjected to every week at the Gate.

Laziness of not moving into space is bewildering to me. Especially as ive seen every other team treat us to some damn movement at the Gate this season.

They certainly do look confused but my god, its not exactly difficult is it!!

Having watched the game yesterday and reflected for 24 hours, listened to SCs first post match, a couple of interesting things i think have happened that suggest some significant changes are about to happen.

So firstly no Harewood on the bench

No McLaughlin on the bench

Joe removed at half time ( will come back to that )

More significant for me was the removal of both full backs

Wagstaff at right back when Maloney removed was interesting.

Bobby and Wes introduced in an attacking sense, the latter would not have even been on the bench under SOD.

Post match bit that stuck out for me, was the moment he (SC) told us, that he actually already knows what he has to do.

Yesterdays opening 45 mins was , as has been already said countless times, as bad a performance as i have seen this season.

And i haven't missed many by the way.

However i sense a shake up in tempo and approach, and to achieve that i equally sense he believes we need to change our full backs.

Just a gut feeling, but one i have been thinking about for a while.

Our full backs need to take the ball from the goalie and if they don't want it, they shouldn't be on the pitch.

To witness our goal keeper and flint continuously lumping 50 yard punts into opposition territory yesterday was tragic to say the least.

Where i don't agree with SOD and takes me back to Joe, is i believe joe can play LB and i think Wagstaff or Wynter could play RB

Williams is a cert and i really rate that lad, but a first signing for SC must be a central defender.

Then i believe we can add tempo from the back and draw the opposition midfield out.

Bobby needs to play in front of solid midfield, something like kelly and pack, the former not just yet i accept.

Jet i have not included and don't want to go any further than that as he polarises opinions enough but his funds are needed elsewhere.

Sammy up front again as good as you will get in L1

Wes maybe off the bench depending on how the game is going

Osbourne, well he is not ours to plan with so i haven't included him or McLaughlin

Taylor ? Hmmmmm jury out, but doesn't have long one senses.

That leaves at least two holes in midfield, well take your pick, but i am sure SC will sort that out and quickly after christmas.

Anyway change and big change is a coming i sense.

Oh dear.. here we go again then. Rip up the rule book, slash the wage bill and prepare for Division 4. Oh no.. hang on.. SL said he would open the purse strings. So its up yours to FFP and lets get fined and stay in this league because the fine will be small potatoes compared to going down again. For once i agree with SL but oh why did he not 'open the purse strings' when SO'D was busy in the close season? Reminds me of when i was learning to drive; stop, start, bump, jump, .. get that clutch control sorted lad or you will never get out of second gear.

Er, we arent governed by FFP, it's SCMP, and according to the figures of the last FP we are at 46% Wages to turn over on players ( we are allowed 60%).  Which is the only thing that matters at this level, hence spunking 300k on flint. or 200k on Fielding or 100k on Pack

To say that SO'D had no money is ridiculous, he did. So quit with the panic

You did not read my post in the slightly drollish manner in which it was intended in reply to 6162.

I have only read about FFP. SCMP i will have to scotch up so thanks for that.. but you get my point i think.

You did not read my post in the slightly drollish manner in which it was intended in reply to 6162.

I have only read about FFP. SCMP i will have to scotch up so thanks for that.. but you get my point i think.

Oh forgive me, your "drollish" response was meant for me was it ?

I didnt respond, simply because I could not see a single thing in your rant which had any relevance to my post.

I wasn't advocating ripping up the rule books, but i am suggesting we have some skill gaps.

Also are you seriously suggesting SOD was not allowed to sign players

Were you at yesterdays game ?

I made it 7 out of the starting11 he was responsible for bringing in

Plus three on the bench and two who did not make the squad and one who was banned.

For the record, i wasnt in favour of the timing of the Sod sacking, but then again i never agreed with his appointment to begin with

His record and style of football and more importantly results were lamentable.

So yes some change needs to happen imo.

And without the melodramatics and withoutbbreaking rules.

Oh forgive me, your "drollish" response was meant for me was it ?

I didnt respond, simply because I could not see a single thing in your rant which had any relevance to my pos

OK NOTED. YAWN.

I wasn't advocating ripping up the rule books, but i am suggesting we have some skill gaps.

Also are you seriously suggesting SOD was not allowed to sign players

NO I WASN'T.

Were you at yesterdays game ?

NO I WASN'T.

I made it 7 out of the starting11 he was responsible for bringing in

Plus three on the bench and two who did not make the squad and one who was banned.

For the record, i wasnt in favour of the timing of the Sod sacking, but then again i never agreed with his appointment to begin with

His record and style of football and more importantly results were lamentable.

So yes some change needs to happen imo.

And without the melodramatics and withoutbbreaking rules.

OK THANKS FOR THAT SQUIRE. ;)

Archived