IGNORED

Sl On Radio Briz (Merged)

REDOXO

A really good interview with the major shareholder this afternoon!

I'm sure there will be a link put up soon, however the main points!

Bristol City costs a huge amount of money, SL makes up the shortfall

He does get upset about some of the (undue) criticism

He has felt like walking away at times, but will not as he is commited to Bristol City FC and the new stadium 

AG redevelopment is most likely but AV not ruled out

Bristol Rugby will be played at AG/AV

Money is available to SC and he will back his manager

Invited people to come down to speak with the club if they have a genuine concern rather than post faceless comments on this and other internet forums

Bloke sounded very passionate and intent on shutting a few people up! Hope it Works!

I've no issues with SL, I have major issues with his Son and Dawe.

Exactly and if you did go down there, as TRL says they do not reply to letters, you would probably not have a cat in hells chance of speaking to Ghost or Jon.

What is more are they gonna lay on 1000+ cups of tea to those who have expressed the same views?.. you do not need to go down to the ground to express the views of thousands but what you do need to do is actually come out and give us an answer to all of the baffling things that happened during the manager change.

And now I have another one.. if you are going to back Cotts with money why did you not do the same with Sean?.. Or do we not believe a damn thing he, the media and the web site have been telling us for the past 9 months? Baffling.

Perhaps he/the club should arrange a drop-in session. It's blooming rich him to say something like posting on a faceless forum when we don't particularly have much other option. Yes we had a meet with the manager but it is with him and the board most people would like to meet. Why not have over the next few weeks for a few hours pre game 15 minute slots where you can sign up and meet a member of the board?

The club, in my experience, do not respond to letters and correspondence so I wholeheartedly disagree with where he has come from on that point, and maybe highlights he's out of touch.

Also it is nice to know he feels criticism is unjust. Unfortunately mr lansdown just because you believe it to be so does not make it.

Agree 29AR.

As many other have said many times as have I - the day he left the UK was the day the clubs forward trajectory ended.. and he knows it. 

I can understand why people become non-resident and all of the reasons behind it. In his case I simply disagree with his arguments. Anyway, his club is paying the price big time because of that decision because the people he has put in charge are, without a doubt, clueless. So, if SL feels like walking away, and this is the first time I have come out and said this, then so be it. We are in about the same place we were when we he took over only probably in more debt. He gave it a good crack.

oh and its now Hoof 0 Rotherham 2

Still at least he has his priorities right...tens of millions in debt, hemorrhaging fans at an alarming right, club falling like a stone BUT people on a forum the club has nothing to do with can come down for chat chat.

Of course there was a facility to ask questions directly on here many moons ago, but even that proved too hard.

They don't even turn up to a press conference when a new manager is appointed. So what chance has a poor city fan got in having his voice heard ?!

SL just answered that, when sod got the sack the board were given stick by the press, so they decided not to turn up of the signing of the new boss,which SL backed!

Sounds like SL has the club still in his heart.

What is more are they gonna lay on 1000+ cups of tea to those who have expressed the same views?

There are not 1000+ fans expressing the same views! There are 1000+ fans expressing 1000+ views. Theres a difference! That's why it's almost pointless trying to appease fans by trying to listen to 1000's of incoherent rants from people like you! They are much better off speaking to the manager, coaching staff, players etc. Than people like me and you, who only think we know better than the experts!

He admitted he was hurt by people being critical of him...and his family, part of the no show at

the press conference was as he didn't want to put them up to be slaughtered by the press.

He also defended the comments re the boards inexperience and got quite heated reiterating

what he saw as the boards experience.

I read that as the comments about his son's lack of experience and competence has really hurt.

After all it would have been JL normally at the PC, as Dawe never speaks and SL is not a board member, plus

the(lack of)  experience remarks can only refer to JL.

Also said Bristol City is a successful football club.

No Steve Norwich, Swansea, Southampton (all recently in L1) are successful.

We are not successful !

Archived