IGNORED

Sl On Radio Briz (Merged)

REDOXO

I take it SL is referring to myself as well as others.

I would be happy to discuss my concerns with you Steve (if you are reading this), namely about the ownership of Ashton Gate by Bristol City Holdings and Bristol rugby belief that they have equal rights to AG, even though they are not owned by or have anything to do with Bristol City holdings. 

As such either we BCFC or them BRFC are being lied to by the major shareholder......which is it?

SL just answered that, when sod got the sack the board were given stick by the press, so they decided not to turn up of the signing of the new boss,which SL backed!

Sounds like SL has the club still in his heart.

Sound very petulant.

I've no problem with Steve, however his son is a idiot with zero business Expereince and is running the club into the ground.

The longer he leaves his son in control, the worse the situation will get I feel.

Time for the Lansdown's to write off the financial damage they have done to the club and let someone else take control.

Sound very petulant.

I've no problem with Steve, however his son is a idiot with zero business Expereince and is running the club into the ground.

The longer he leaves his son in control, the worse the situation will get I feel.

Time for the Lansdown's to write off the financial damage they have done to the club and let someone else take control.

There is no way we should be in this mess, the chairman of the club should do Juniors work.

As SL said "he has been close to packing it in"

I personally thought he came over really badly.

My two personal favourites were admitting that the board didn't volunteer for interviews at the unveiling of Cotterill because of criticism they'd received from the press and that people 'make too much of the 5 pillars'.

Now I'm only an occasional reader of the post, but I must have missed it's hard hitting journalism. If the criticism the board received after the SO'D sacking was enough to make them play the 'fine we wont talk to you' card then I really do despair. I would suggest they go and find a job in a company slightly less in the spotlight if they cannot deal with criticism from the press. Imagine the stick a manager would get if he refused to talk to the media because they criticised his team selection the week before. Pretty embarrassing from grown adults in all honesty. Gary Johnson's response to the Post after the Orr/Brooker/Partridge/Brown incident was spot on and entirely called for in my opinion, this however is nothing but pathetic.

As for people 'making too much of the 5 pillars', well he better tell his son because he keeps emailing me about them! I actually agree with his base point in that all they actually are is a guide to how a club should be run and I do think that some fans are guilty of making too much of them (comments such as 'would the new manager buy into the 5 pillars'). But this has only happened because the only things we hear from the board are banging on about the bloody things. Following this up with 'maybe we've been too open with the fans' was beyond belief.

At one point he tried to assure everyone that he has 'thick skin' but some of his petulant responses to the criticism aimed at him and/or the board would suggest he has anything but.

All in all the icing on a pretty s*** day. 

Sound very petulant.

Someone in mind or waiting in the wings that you know of?....I heard there was an Arab in the stand today!

Thought it strange when he said SC wants to be involved with all elements of the club... Surely he should be told NO... How can the manager/head coach be interchangeable if he is dictating the academies style of play or getting involved in other matters.. I thought the whole idea was to create a club that creates a support system for the first team.. But is also at arms length and beyond the interference / whims / of the first team coach/manager.

Anyway nice to hear him speak and see he still had some fire in him.

Phone up and ask, give you the number if you want, as he said been to enough question and answer nights.

Yes red I do appreciate what Steve has done for us. And no doubt will continue to do. But I do feel he has gone missing since he stepped down as chairman. And when he did so he did say he wanted to take a "back seat". But his son is not comfortable in front of the media and the "Chairman" is a ghost who no one sees or hears.

And they have made a fatal mistake, IMO sacking SOD. Just look at the performance today they were flying around like headless chickens again. Back to square one I say!

Yes red I do appreciate what Steve has done for us. And no doubt will continue to do. But I do feel he has gone missing since he stepped down as chairman. And when he did so he did say he wanted to take a "back seat". But his son is not comfortable in front of the media and the "Chairman" is a ghost who no one sees or hears.

And they have made a fatal mistake, mistake IMO sacking SOD. Just look at the performance today they were flying around like headless chickens again. Back to square one I say!

i agree with you that he has gone missing since stepping down, but i also think that the manager is there to pick a team that will compete, SOD never gave any impression of this, so he had to go. Results count, so i will see how wrong or right the board were in a few weeks time! I believe that a few of the players starting today will slowly disappear. Well at the mo we can only hope things improve. 

SL just answered that, when sod got the sack the board were given stick by the press, so they decided not to turn up of the signing of the new boss,which SL backed!

Sounds like SL has the club still in his heart.

Wow, it has hardly universal stick the board were getting was it?

I for one was all for them getting rid of that joker of a manager we had in last. That guy will be the reason we go down again.

i agree with you that he has gone missing since stepping down, but i also think that the manager is there to pick a team that will compete, SOD never gave any impression of this, so he had to go. Results count, so i will see how wrong or right the board were in a few weeks time! I believe that a few of the players starting today will slowly disappear. Well at the mo we can only hope things improve.

As said, I think we have made a fatal mistake. Sod would I believe would have kept us up.

Judging by our disjointed performance today, and I know we have to give him time. But at this moment in time Cottrell has not impressed!

SL is a long way down the road to being one of the worst things to happen at BCFC.

He has stripped assets from the club and has left it void of direction and a completely uninvestible entity.

NickJ has it spot on. Last season relegation was almost welcomed by some to purge the club of some absolute carp. Sometimes I wonder what would be acceptable to purge the club of the lansdown's. Are they the better of two evils?

I don't care if he is insulted that I think his son is a pillock. I'm sure JL is a perfectly nice bloke, but his lack of creds makes me extremely unforgiving. The fact only his old man has employed him makes me certain he is a silver-spooned, incompetent heir.

We should have heeded Scott Davidson's warning at the time! SL is here to make a legacy. Once he realised he made an incredible ballsup of it he has spread his wings further (rugby club).

The only legacy he's set to create here is contempt.

Sorry mr sl but you sound like a parent who disagrees with a teachers bad report and unfavourable opinion about your boy.face up to the fact that your boy is taking us to the basement division and if you dont put him out of his misery (he appears more totally lost and pissed of every time he appears on tv) we'll be there in 5 short months time.a man of your business acumen must know youve made a mistake so do what you have to do knowing you can set the boy up in any other business you like with your wherewithal.nepotism in business matters very rarely works.

Could you lead me to this 'personal abuse' you speak of?

Sound very petulant.

Is not calling someone an idiot not personal abuse?

On what basis does the poster define JL as an idiot?

Has he had personal dealings with him. If not you cannot make that assumption.

JL is not Chairman how come he personally responsible for all the supposed ills at the club?

Just asking.

I wish people would stop attacking the best thing that has happened to Bristol City for years STEVE LANSDOWN,he has given us all his time and his money for years giving us promotion play-off final and many great memory's to look back on and in the future a new stadium so please back the guy don't knock him.  

I find it amazing how the board bottled the press conference for 'Cotts' because they'd received a bit of stick for sacking SOD.

Nothing like sticking to your guns, eh!  Backing your decision, fronting up.

Of all the things going wrong at this club over the last few years, this is the one I find most laughable, and most unacceptable.

Dawe - Harman - J Lansdown - Arathoon : YOU made the decision to sack SOD.  YOU made the decision to appoint 'Cotts'.  YOU should be bold enough to stand by your decisions, not wimp out and hope it all goes away.  Have courage in your convictions.

This is the most yellow-bellied action yet from this as yet unproven group of men.  I'm appalled by this, I really am.

I find it amazing how the board bottled the press conference for 'Cotts' because they'd received a bit of stick for sacking SOD.

Nothing like sticking to your guns, eh!  Backing your decision, fronting up.

Of all the things going wrong at this club over the last few years, this is the one I find most laughable, and most unacceptable.

Dawe - Harman - J Lansdown - Arathoon : YOU made the decision to sack SOD.  YOU made the decision to appoint 'Cotts'.  YOU should be bold enough to stand by your decisions, not wimp out and hope it all goes away.  Have courage in your convictions.

This is the most yellow-bellied action yet from this as yet unproven group of men.  I'm appalled by this, I really am.

You had a bad night already, young chap??

SL has said he will never call the debt in and will write it off at some point, I believe him.

SL said 'mark my words that ground will be built'. SL said when he went to Guernsey and left the board that he'd not let the club suffer.

I don't for one believe anything he says and what is more I have no reason to believe him.

If he could write off the debt and hand the club, with the stadium, to AN Other I would be utterly thrilled.

Archived