IGNORED

Sl On Radio Briz (Merged)

REDOXO

Asked the same question over the weekend. Needless to say, nobody answered.

You're right though, the fans that want rid of the board need to make themselves heard. Get in the car park outside the Williams on a Saturday, protest and make feelings known. I got involved when we were trying to oust Russe and his cronies.

Easier to do it on here though.

Somebody i know was ejected from the lower Williams on Saturday for telling the Lansdown's what he thought of them!!

oh don't get my ranting confused with general consensus its just my personal feelings I'm just trying to point out that the most vocal on here are not willing to do anything about it the phrase all talk no trousers springs to mind,

I take the point on the chief exec and for all JL's faults communication is not one of them,

All I want is some more fan engagement and some accountability (i'm not one of those calling for lansdown to leave I'm quite thankful for him keeping the club a float)

One word "apathy" !

Yep. 90% of so-called City fans I know do nothing more than whinge.  They have an "if we're not winning, they're rubbish, and I'm not going" attitude.

Kind of explains why we'll never be like the cities of Sheffield, Manchester or Birmingham when it comes to support.

And I don't believe you can explain it away with past success or failure.  Better explained by white collar/blue collar I think.

Agree, have said before, Where are the protest groups? Where is the coordinated action? Where are the plans to oust the board. If that is people want, where is the action?

It's all bluster and hot air akin to mother's meeting, they want to do stuff and yet wont do anything about it, aside from air their views on message boards. Some have said they will stay away as their form of 'protest' however, it doesnt actually change anything and is slacktivism at it's finest

If people really want change that badly, then get organised and do something about it

Don't underestimate the power of this forum. Lansdown Jnr and Snr read it. Steve has clearly read a lot of the points made on here and it's upset him to the point that he admitted he'd considered walking away from the club.

People are protesting about the way the club is run everyday on this forum and for the time being that's probably just as effective as jumping around in a car park waving banners.

Agree, have said before, Where are the protest groups? Where is the coordinated action? Where are the plans to oust the board. If that is people want, where is the action?

The Supporters Trust is a group and as a member I have consistently called for it to be represented on the board of directors, as was indicated would happen several years ago.

This forum as we know is widely read. Standing outside the Williams car park with a placard is possible. Given that the majority shareholder lives in Guernsey comments on here are more likely to receive attention.

I have also asked the Fans Liaison Officer to pass this request on. I was given an unequivocal reply that the answer - No - will not change.

The majority shareholder has in the past suggested that any fan representation would be given on Bristol City Football Club only, not Bristol City Holdings, ie excludes stadium matters. That to me is unacceptable, although not even that has been offered yet.

Not sure what other action you have in mind.

Don't underestimate the power of this forum. Lansdown Jnr and Snr read it. Steve has clearly read a lot of the points made on here and it's upset him to the point that he admitted he'd considered walking away from the club.

People are protesting about the way the club is run everyday on this forum and for the time being that's probably just as effective as jumping around in a car park waving banners.

Touche!

For the most part this forum is dominated by maybe 3-dozen people, maybe 50 people.  Who knows how representative it is.

If anyone is going to make multi-million pound decisions by, let's face it, what could be a number of uneducated teens and a few middle-aged bullies then he has less business acumen then I thought.

EVERY forum is full of lippy people who throw opinions around like confetti.  If he wants a true picture from the people who matter then he needs to do that on a Saturday, face to face.

Goodness me.

Nick, have you've called the current board and the directors to resign? Getting fans starting chants in the ground carrying banners and stuff, with Board/SL out. Contacted media outlets saying this is a Anti SL/Board group, these are our aims, constantly got in the face of the Chair/board/ Owner with, requests for information, meetings, correspondence, and whatever else sustained it? Organised fan based protests in and out of the ground, whether it be banners,song, vigils, red cards or otherwise. Generally make things uncomfortable, like Blackburn fans have done with Venky's or various other teams?

I tried to make them go to a meeting, and they said no, no, no, isnt really what I had in mind re 'protest' and enacting the change, that so 'many' seem to want

I'm not anti SL and I haven't asked for the board to resign because that isn't what my point is - although looking from the outside they appear to be doing a spectacularly dismal job, despite what SL says. But that's the problem, looking from the outside, which means we don't know what problems they face, what they do, how they arrive at decisions, the calibre of the thought process.

My opinion is that the fans should be represented on the board. That doesn't mean Jon or even Ernie Aarathoon appointed by SL, that means somebody independent of the current board capable of genuinely representing the fans.

Organising a protest of the types you mention would be relatively easy as "sack the board" is sensationalist and would stir the emotions of many and the crowd effect would take over. I doubt that many would turn up for a "Supporters Trust on the board" meeting.

If anyone is going to make multi-million pound decisions by, let's face it, what could be a number of uneducated teens and a few middle-aged bullies then he has less business acumen then I thought.

That's how successive governments seemed to have worked!

.....   not forgetting the six managers in three years issue.

The Lansdowns were both damning about lack of results under SOD - rightly so perhaps, although some would say the tide was turning.   They do also need to accept that their performance has also been woeful - particularly so in recent years.   Nobody in their right mind is calling for SL to go (not so sure about JL though).    What many of us are pleading for is some new voices on the board who can provide real challenge and leadership.   Chief Executive might be the answer.   As it is we have a puppet chairman and the owner's son seemingly running the show and it patently is not working.

The idea of protests and banners is ridiculous and a red herring.   As mentioned above, it's clear SL does read what the fans are saying on the internet and I hope he listens to what many intelligent folk are expressing, particularly on the thread.   Steve, you seemed defensive and stressed in this interview.  You really really really need better support and expertise around you.

Bit of a misnomer that. 6 managers have been sacked since 2004, and we are on our 8th manager since 2000.

I know, you arent and want fan representation, on the board. However as said there are many who want change and will do naff all to actually do it, assuming that because they've vented on the net their conciousness is therefore sated as in they've done their bit.

How many other clubs in the UK have fans as in non investors on their boards, and how many in the rest of Europe? Out of curiousity

I don't know. Is it relevant?

Somebody i know was ejected from the lower Williams on Saturday for telling the Lansdown's what he thought of them

Exactly, it's unlikely these 'board out' type demonstrations as we saw in, and behind, the Williams years ago would be tolerated these days.

I've seen fans venting their anger at the end of games this season being eyed up by stewards, and no doubt being tracked by CCTV.

The next game their seats were empty. Whether this was their choice or not is impossible to say.

The club does seem to have far less hesitation in banning fans these days though.

Exactly, it's unlikely these 'board out' type demonstrations as we saw in, and behind, the Williams years ago would be tolerated these days.

I've seen fans venting their anger at the end of games this season being eyed up by stewards, and no doubt being tracked by CCTV.

The next game their seats were empty. Whether this was their choice or not is impossible to say.

The club does seem to have far less hesitation in banning fans these days though.

Wow ,this is very scary.

Does the number of fans missing correspond to the number of Lindley's pies available on the following match day !!!!

I believe if you polled most city fans (and remember most don't even use this excuse of a forum) they would rather close down the waste of space that calls itself the supporters trust and close down this laugh a minute forum, than risk losing the Lansdowns. What we need is less fan power not more for godsake. This forum has never agreed on anything. How on earth it could represent the majority of good honest people is beyond me. Just try supporting and cheering on your team and leave it at that ladies!

Bit of a misnomer that. 6 managers have been sacked since 2004, and we are on our 8th manager since 2000.

Fair point - bad performance whichever way you look at it.   What needs to be challenged is that they don't seem to be learning from experience.  In this interview SL boasts of how much experience he and Dawe have - going back to 1996.   Now he complains that SOD didn't turn anything around in 10 months.    

Part of the despair generated in the fans by the SOD dismissal is that he was positioned by them as being instrumental to the delivery of a long term strategy.    The fact they they had a strategy was encouraging and they seemed to have a plan - one which included short term pain.   

We'll never know if SOD's infant team would have manned up and avoided relegation.  SL has panicked into another short term fix.  By all accounts Cottrill is a short term guy - He's been manager at least seven times as far as I can remember since Chelthenham in  1998.  

If you don't learn from experience, in life as in football, you die.   If you won't take criticism and feedback, however it's delivered, you don't learn.  Only arrogant, afraid ego-driven businessmen  avoid putting strong characters with real expertise on their board.

I believe if you polled most city fans (and remember most don't even use this excuse of a forum) they would rather close down the waste of space that calls itself the supporters trust and close down this laugh a minute forum, than risk losing the Lansdowns. What we need is less fan power not more for godsake. This forum has never agreed on anything. How on earth it could represent the majority of good honest people is beyond me. Just try supporting and cheering on your team and leave it at that ladies!

Not sure massive troll or massive bellend. Could you confirm?

list all the times that are in the black in the football league, and I bet you could count them on 1 hand, wolves have invested heavy and find themselves in league one Portsmouth gambled and find theirselfs in league two Darrlington gambled and disapeared,

There are 92 league club and 50 million quid over 10 years is peanuts to what most of the top two leagues spend

Yep, Portsmouth very recently competed in the Premiership and won the FA Cup - so they've got something to show for their money and support. What you also haven't mentioned is the fact that Portsmouth were in division 4 in 1979 - so 34 years on they're back where they were.

You're a true puppet of the Lansdown regime. On your knees and lick Lansdown's boots. :yes:

Archived