Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Sl On Radio Briz (Merged)

REDOXO

I believe if you polled most city fans (and remember most don't even use this excuse of a forum) they would rather close down the waste of space that calls itself the supporters trust and close down this laugh a minute forum, than risk losing the Lansdowns. What we need is less fan power not more for godsake. This forum has never agreed on anything. How on earth it could represent the majority of good honest people is beyond me. Just try supporting and cheering on your team and leave it at that ladies!

well said Mr Lansdown.

ps are you Steve or Jon

Get rid of the Lansdowns? This club deserves all it gets sometimes. Pull your money out Steve, stop the stadium and don't put another penny in. This club deserves what it gets with our ungrateful, whinging supporters. Jokers

All? I'm confused. I couldn't generally give a flying one about what's on a forum, yet it genuinely seems to bother you.

My advice is dry your eyes, take a deep breath and don't log in to view something you clearly hate so much.

Looks like you should take your own advice too. He does not agree with you, yet you feel the need to write back , yet claim to not care what's on a forum. You care about what he wrote, and disagree. Quite funny really. 

Looks like you should take your own advice too. He does not agree with you, yet you feel the need to write back , yet claim to not care what's on a forum. You care about what he wrote, and disagree. Quite funny really.

Well I guess you could take that view, if you have a low IQ and see everything at its most basic level. Kind of like a young child I guess.

I find the notion that this forum is somehow a single entity an odd one, especially as its full of discord.

The truth is somewhere between the extremes of opinion.

If SL had never arrived we'd be a top half League 1 club with modest debt and in the very same ground.

If you're arguing that now he's dug a massive hole we can't afford to lose him, well, that's a different question.

I'd prefer to look at the difference between the day he arrives and the day he leaves.  That's his legacy.

and thats it, if he leaves tomorrow calls in the debt the club will fold, however if he continues to finances continue to improve the off field side of the club and we get back to the top end of the championship at least with the club making money then he's improved it,

We are alot better with him then without him, without him there would be no acadmeny no training ground no referbished ashton gate

I would just like to convey, as a percentage, the certainty that you can make that statement with:

0%

That's the same degree of certainty that can be applied to every statement made as to whether we would be better of with or without SL.

If you qualified it by saying we are better off with SL than with the Venkeys,Tan or Risdale then the percentage changes dramatically,  and therein lies the nub of the problem as all SL's critics assume that a new owner would  be better than the current one.

If SL went everything depends on who replaced him and while we could be lucky in having a another billionaire fan of the club willing and able to lose a fortune on the club, the chances are that as a struggling league 1 outfit, we would have a wealthy, but nowhere near as wealthy, businessman, knowing just as much about running a football club as SL. With less wealth, the new owner would be able to risk less money, so would be more careful about how he spends it, would  appoint his/her own people in key positions, who could be just as good/bad or even worse than the present incumbents.

If the new owner had less wealth, then would he/she be prepared to fork out the money for a redeveloped AG ( forget AV as Lansdowns own the land so if they go I suspect a lucrative housing project is top of the list) and would he/she be prepared to fund the academy, bearing in mind the new owner might be more concerned about the return he/she is getting on their investment rather than subsidising a loss making business?

Many fans have demanded a new manager at regular intervals, as we have struggled over the last few seasons, and their wishes have been granted and we have seen each new manager fare worse than his predecessor. Our track record for changing people only for things to get worse is 100% successful since GJ, and I worry that we could achieve the same 100% success rate by changing the owner.

I'm not an SL arse/shoe licker but I think I am a pragmatist.

Well I guess you could take that view, if you have a low IQ and see everything at its most basic level. Kind of like a young child I guess.

I find the notion that this forum is somehow a single entity an odd one, especially as its full of discord.

Oh I love your continued contradictions. It is the funniest thing I have read on here in ages. 

I've just read an interesting interview with Brendan Rogers, during the interview he mentions Malky MacKay's problems with Vincent Tan at Cardiff, where BR says an interesting line that ties in with some of the comments made in this thread:

"My only conclusion when I look from the outside is you've got a business guy operating the club who obviously knows nothing about football.

"He's obviously been a very successful business man in his life, but football is like no other business."

But if SL is being let down by those below him, surely he needs to accept that his board room team needs to be improved and take responsibility for making those appointments? I didn't get the impression from his interview that he felt there was a problem.

What I found sad about Steve's interview was how out of touch he seems with fans' opinions. This is especially so when you look back at how united we were under GJ's tenure.

For example he couldn't understand that many fans weren't happy about SOD's dismissal - yet if he did read this forum he would understand why.

Pretty much rubbishing the 5 pillars as something every other club has when we've been told time and time again how important it is as City's strategy felt like adding insult to injury.

Surely there is a way that Steve could be more in touch with the fans and address their concerns directly, perhaps building some bridges in the process? I appreciate he's in Guernsey but there are such things as q and a's on Twitter, web chats etc surely?

Steve is outraged at the way that Jon has been criticised and as a Father I would find some if the abuse intolerable too. Equally though respect has to be earned and perhaps if Jon was seen to be working more closely with Steve and listening to and addressing fans concerns more, that respect would be more forthcoming.

Still, what do I know? I bought into the whole SOD and five pillars strategy ...

and thats it, if he leaves tomorrow calls in the debt the club will fold, however if he continues to finances continue to improve the off field side of the club and we get back to the top end of the championship at least with the club making money then he's improved it,

We are alot better with him then without him, without him there would be no acadmeny no training ground no referbished ashton gate

It's impossible to say that without him there would not be this or that because without him there would be a.n.other more or less rich or adept at running a football club .

Others manage with out "him" !

It's impossible to say that without him there would not be this or that because without him there would be a.n.other more or less rich or adept at running a football club .

Others manage with out "him" !

As much as I personally don't want to see SL leave this club, it always amazes me how many people are convinced we won't survive without him.

91 other football league clubs seem to be surviving, and the majority of them are better placed in the league than us !

As much as I personally don't want to see SL leave this club, it always amazes me how many people are convinced we won't survive without him.

91 other football league clubs seem to be surviving, and the majority of them are better placed in the league than us !

Indeed, 91 other league clubs are surviving without Steve Lansdown and his money and only 24 of those football clubs are currently below us !!!!!!!

Archived