IGNORED

Walsall Match Thread

Major Isewater

Get in there. Needed that big time.

Lots more positives than negatives today. Very solid at the back and gave nothing away. Very pleasing.

Burns looked absolutely quality when he came on. Glad to see he is getting a chance now. Certainly put captain fantastic to shame. Get the **** in there!!

Well done SC and the boys. From the radio it sounded like we were never troubled and should have had 4 or 5. Much better. Plus he also used our academy boys. Very good positive impact so far SC.

Does sound good. I shall find out on the 29th against, God help us, Stevenage.

Walsall were really poor, the game could have gone into midnight and they would not have scored. For seventy minutes the game was poor, only the fact we were one up made most of that time bearable.

Last twenty minutes was much better, more attacking, thanks to pace upfront from Burns and Baldock. If we play like that more often will be good to see.

But hey ho... A much needed win. If Baldock converted his chances we'd have win 4-0. There again if he converted his chances, we would be in the play offs.

Hi everyone,

I'm a young sports journalist starting out and I love football. 

I'm a city fan and have been a season ticket holder for 12 years. 

Was at todays game and have written up a match report which is available at: 

http://bristolsportsblogger.wordpress.com/2013/12/26/bristol-city-1-0-walsall/

All comments on the blog will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

some right garbage on the walsall forum, apparently they were the better footballing team, it was never a penalty and we didn't deserve 3 points  :laughcont:

great win today, COYR!!

Better footballing team, debatable.. can see their reasoning for thinking that. Never a pen, I suggest they go to specsavers or read the rules on football, and deserve 3 points.. they offered nothing in the final 3rd, so nope they didn't deserve 3 points

some right garbage on the walsall forum, apparently they were the better footballing team, it was never a penalty and we didn't deserve 3 points :laughcont:

great win today, COYR!!

Think the some the win has led to some rose times glasses in regards to the game.

The first half was not good football. Both teams looked poor, and if it were not for the penalty (looked a penalty, tripping Reid) would have been really worrying.

Only the twenty minutes towards the end did we see anything like entertaining football. Before that there were plenty of long balls that no one got on the end of. Plenty of passing along the back leading to those long balls. Sitting really deep and not pushing up (in fact the moment Shorey came on we looked to have decided to sit deep, defend the lead and look for chances to break as Walsall were forced to push forward). Not necessarily the wrong thing, but not great to watch.

Baldock could have gotten some goals to put the game beyond doubt, but he failed to do so - which again he has all season.

Ultimately though it was a win, and that is more important than the standard of football.

Archived