IGNORED

Miles Away

everreddy

Travelled miles away to watch footie, today.

As the City match was (pathetically) cancelled, but I had pre-booked rail tickets, I went to the Emirates to see the Gooners against Badiff. Match not too special, until the end, but:

The stadium was fantastic

Transport there so easy

Good food and drink at reasonable prices

Fans of all ages, races, genders enjoying a match in an environment with little swearing or abuse

Club shop selling a wide range of quality merchandise

Clear announcements and visible video footage of teams, highlights, club legends

Stewards who were helpful and friendly

I could go on and on....

We're just miles away!

They're the best team in England bankrolled by one of the richest men on earth, with one of the greatest managers in Premier League history & history we could only dream of. With that, off-field stuff falls into place a lot easier.

Actually, their early history is very similar to ours. I believe we entered the League the year after them, and were soon challenging for honours.

After that, we went a bit wahooni-shaped :(

As the City match was (pathetically) cancelled, but I had pre-booked rail tickets, I went to the Emirates to see the Gooners against Badiff. Match not too special, until the end, but:

Transport there so easy

Fans of all ages, races, genders enjoying a match in an environment with little swearing or abuse

Clear announcements and visible video footage of teams, highlights, club legends

I could go on and on....

We're just miles away!

This club has been left behind by all the Premiership clubs both on and off the pitch. In the greater scheme of football, we'll always be an 'also ran club' until we reach the Premiership.

How did you manage to get the tickets? Have you got Arsenal membership or something?

What was the ticket price?

Be interested to hear your views on the atmosphere?

I just looked on the Arsenal website, they even wish their supporters a 'Happy New Year' - no such message on the BCFC official website. :shifty:

I'm amazed that everreddy managed to get tickets for that Arsenal game at the last minute.

Transport there so easy

I could go on and on....

We're just miles away!

For a moment I though you were describing your afternoon trip to VUe at Longwell Green.

I like swearing, abuse and edginess at football. Dont really give a shit about the things you mentioned.

Transport there so easy

I could go on and on....

We're just miles away!

How were the prawn sandwiches? Sounds boring. Give me the east end over that anyday!

Transport there so easy

I could go on and on....

We're just miles away!

Sounds to nice, not for me then!

whatever anyone says, I support Bristol City. I buy a pasty from Parsons, bring my own Bovril and have a laugh with my fellow fans who sit next to me. The 'match day experience' is marketing talk, create your own!

But wouldn't it be better if you could buy a decent pasty and a coffee devoid of cat's pee at the ground, with the proceeds going to the club?

Wouldn't it be better if the stewards were supporters of the club who understood football fans, rather than random Rentathug?

Wouldn't it be nice to be made welcome, rather than barely tolerated?

The phrase 'match day experience' may be marketing talk but, just this once, it refers to something real.

The Sags can do it - why don't we? Note that I don't say "why can't we" - we can, but we can't be arsed to.

Archived