IGNORED

Fair Play To Cottererill

TV Tom

I was behind SOD and who wouldn't like the idea of attacking, possession based, short passing football but the reality was somewhat different as we know. I always felt there needed to be a "middle way" I liked short passing and possession but would have preferred it done quicker.

My impression of SC is that he is a very good third division type manager which is not meant as a criticism and is exactly what we need, he has managed to turn us into a good third division team very quickly, also what we need to be. The test might come when he has some money to spend as his choice of player might lead to a more direct style of play or if he manages to get us promoted in time and has to find a more considered style of play. Perhaps there are some similarities with John Ward's tenure although I do think SC has more about him.

As others have said though a really positive start and I'm enjoying watching his team play.

My impression is that SC has proved better at getting the team to play football the SOD way, than  SOD!

Well said. I think where Cotterill has succeeded spectacularly is with the bullshot - and let nobody try to tell me that's not a necessary part of management. I offer the examples of Clough, Shankly and Ferguson in my defence.

in that case if bullshit was music SOD would be the king of jazz.

Transitional free form possessional jazz.

God I didnt realize his record was that bad.

The football was awful and the atmosphere was dull at AG this season under him. I just couldn't see it turning around to be honest with him still there.

Of course it was, half of our own football was being played in our own half. Was it any wonder we never won?

Archived