IGNORED

Tyrone Barnett

TomBCFCUK

A player that divides fans' opinions.

He should fit in perfectly at City!

Posh fans don't rate him

They may not rate him, but any set of fans with Assombalonga in front of them are going to think most other forwards look rubbish.

6' 3", decent scoring record for a target man, including 6 this term, and likely got a point to prove, having dropped out of favour at his home club.

Loan till end of season sounds sensible, and rounds out our forward options.

him and Assombalongo (?) was by a country mile the best strike-force i'v seen at Ashton Gate in recent years, and I include championship strikers in that. If he can get the best out of JET and Baldock, then this could be a shrewd signing by Cotts. Must be something in him for P'Boro to pay over a million.

Thought he was outstanding down here this season with Assombalonga. Tore us apart.

You put Barnett in with, Baldock and JET and all together they've got 28 goals in 82 appearances between them, not to mention 10 assists, between them.  And that is JUST in the league.

Those jumping on the negatives here also need to remember we are fighting a relegation battle, so to take on a player who seems to have interest from the Championship is a quite a coup.

Big target man who scores a few is what we need ...thats what he is,a good player at this level definatly,as for Peterboro fans being divided,people on here dont rate Sam Baldock,i think any other team in this league would take him,whos right,who knows!Would be happy to have Barnett if its true

Type of signing we need, with JET drifting we do struggle to hold the ball upfront. Question is how will Cotterill fit Barnett in with JET and Baldock? Could play JET where Reid has been playing but I feel that would be unfair on Bobby who has been great this season.

Type of signing we need, with JET drifting we do struggle to hold the ball upfront. Question is how will Cotterill fit Barnett in with JET and Baldock? Could play JET where Reid has been playing but I feel that would be unfair on Bobby who has been great this season.

If JET stays.

Like him or not he's the type of striker we need. Strong physical presence that can hold the ball up and knows where the net is. We have the pace in Burns. Baldock plays on the shoulder so we need someone to hold it up and offer a different option. Taylor is bang average and isn't up to it unfortunately.

If SC has been unimpressed by JET's work rate then he's in for a real shock with Barnett though. JET is by far more hard working than Barnett.

Wonder if the Taylor/Baldock/JET trio we saw at Tamworth might be the objective, with Barnett filling the Taylor role?

Peterborough played a similar system with Tomlin in the 'hole' when they visited us, and unless we sign some wingers, JET as the central attacking midfielder in a 5 man/wing-back midfield isn't too bad a thought.

Can he fit in WITH Baldock and Jet?

Will we sacrifice a midfielder and keep Jet roaming and play two up top?

Oh, and is this official?

I hope the plan would be to incorporate all three; they certainly are all different types of player.  Could be a very formidable combination, if working well together.

And as for centre midfield; we've got with Reid, Elliott, Pack and Wynter full time, only three of whom can claim to be 1st teamers right now.  Arguably only Reid is an attacking option there.  

Gillett also looks very decent, but as far as I'm aware his loan is up this month, so may not be here for much longer.

Archived