IGNORED

Tyrone Barnett

TomBCFCUK

Neither have yours, you want SC to fail, he isn't, you can't take it :laugh:

There's a big difference between thinking someone may fail vs wanting them to buddy.

This is just exactly the type of signing i hoped we wouldn't be making. Hoping the comments I found from the Posh fans are accurate ones and he's a hit here.

At 28 though I'd hope we think very carefully before offering him a long term deal even if he does do well.

There's a big difference between thinking someone may fail vs wanting them to buddy.

This is just exactly the type of signing i hoped we wouldn't be making. Hoping the comments I found from the Posh fans are accurate ones and he's a hit here.

At 28 though I'd hope we think very carefully before offering him a long term deal even if he does do well.

Nope, we haven't been crying out for a target man who can hold the ball up and score a few goals, not at all.

28 for a striker is obviously over the hill...

So say he scores 8-10 for us come May, and he looks settled and at home with BCFC, don't offer him a permanent deal because he's 28? Good one  :clap:

dear oh dear........

he is a strong lad and a decent goal scorer at this level and its the presence we need up front on a wet Saturday afternoon when baldock and jet can't break down a defence

taken from twitter:

shit if you want to play good football, perfect for hoofball. Slow and lazy.

On his day he looks a quality player, when its not his day then he can be bloody awful

I can't believe my eyes, people want TYRONE BARNETT at their club, hahaha!

:pinch:

Like how all the Ipswich fans said JET was a lazy so and so whose attitude and work rate would have us tearing our hair out?

Who are you hoping we sign? You do seem very negative towards Steve Cotterill, is there any particular reason for this?

Just out of interest, what will SC need to do in order for you to be positive and also say on I was wrong?

He's not played a game for Wolves this season, has he?

Johnson's not played for Wolves since last season...Jackett didn't give him a squad number

My bad, apologies.  Still, do think they'll get interest in the likes of Edwards and Griffiths; Celtic are already sniffing around the latter.  Not sure, even with parachute payments, they'll be able to retain all their stars.

• Admin

My bad, apologies.  Still, do think they'll get interest in the likes of Edwards and Griffiths; Celtic are already sniffing around the latter.  Not sure, even with parachute payments, they'll be able to retain all their stars.

Well unless they sign a new goalie they will be fielding their 3rd choice after Ikeme broke his hand and Hennessey refused to play for them again.

Well unless they sign a new goalie they will be fielding their 3rd choice after Ikeme broke his hand and Hennessey refused to play for them again.

Yeah, noticed that.  Obviously, they could sign a new keeper, though no guarantee they'll settle straight away.  

Basically, I think we need to approach every game positively, Wolves included.  They are good, but not world beaters. 

Roger Johnson is pure garbage, you could find a better CB in the streets than Roger Johnson. What are west ham doing

What a load of rubbish, I wonder sometimes if people on here have any sort of understanding of the game. I suppose you thought Harewood was decent...

What a load of rubbish, I wonder sometimes if people on here have any sort of understanding of the game. I suppose you thought Harewood was decent...

Do I need to remind you how many relegations he's got?

Just ask Wolves fans on Roger Johnson, then you might get an "understanding of the game"

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=85355

Do I need to remind you how many relegations he's got?

Just ask Wolves fans on Roger Johnson, then you might get an "understanding of the game"

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=85355

Nope, I am well aware.

If you applied the logic that you are using then there would be many more examples of garbage players out there. Lets face it Wolves are in the shit largely down to the decisions of their board, not solely because of the players they had at their disposal. I will admit that Johnson is not a model professional, he likes a drink but he is easily a solid Championship defender.

You could say this about any striker we sign though, if we signed Thomas would he go straight in the team or would he be on the bench? Same dilemma. Barnett is a decent striker at this level and is certainly more of a goal threat than taylor, if we can bring players who can improve our squad its only a good thing. And Barnett definitely makes it stronger.

Oh and Wes Thomas is on the raidar of a few championship clubs, so its a bit unrealistic.

Now where have I heard that before    :unsure:

Nope, I am well aware.

If you applied the logic that you are using then there would be many more examples of garbage players out there. Lets face it Wolves are in the shit largely down to the decisions of their board, not solely because of the players they had at their disposal. I will admit that Johnson is not a model professional, he likes a drink but he is easily a solid Championship defender.

Plus giving large contracts to shite players, Henry, O'Hara, jonhnson, doyle who are all on 40k+

I'll take the majority of wolves fans opinion who  have had the pain of watching him for over 2 years over yours whether or not he's a good player

Thanks for the debate though

Nope, I am well aware.

Have West Ham been relegated already then?

He's a physical presence up front, and can score goals. 28 or even 29 years of age is fine for any striker on a 2 year contract, look how old Stead is even now.

He's a physical presence up front, and can score goals. 28 or even 29 years of age is fine for any striker on a 2 year contract, look how old Stead is even now.

I don't know why everyone is suddenly obsessed with player age. As you say, 28 or 29 is not old by any stretch for a good player. It's very admirable bringing through young players, but there has to be a balance of youth and experience, and Tyrone Barnett - although might not be everyone's first name on the list for new recruits - has experience at this level.

Prolific goalscorer he isn't, but that's not exactly his role. I do think however that we certainly won't be accommodating SB, JET and TB on the same teamsheet, so it'll be interesting to see what gives....or whether Cotterill knows something we don't about where JET will be by the time the month is out.

Fact is after Baldock and JET no other player has more than 3 league goals this season.

An injury to either would surely see several on here querying then why we weren't more proactive in January.

Also some seem desperate to find a reason to criticise Cotterill, sadly for them adding a third striker proven at this level who gives us a different dimension isn't it.

Archived