IGNORED

Tyrone Barnett

TomBCFCUK

I don't know why everyone is suddenly obsessed with player age. As you say, 28 or 29 is not old by any stretch for a good player. It's very admirable bringing through young players, but there has to be a balance of youth and experience, and Tyrone Barnett - although might not be everyone's first name on the list for new recruits - has experience at this level.

Prolific goalscorer he isn't, but that's not exactly his role. I do think however that we certainly won't be accommodating SB, JET and TB on the same teamsheet, so it'll be interesting to see what gives....or whether Cotterill knows something we don't about where JET will be by the time the month is out.

Exactly. Not every player can be a young one. Barnett has experience and is proven at this level. The main thing is he is the type of striker we need. It's also rare to be able to find a target man type striker that still weighs in with his fair share of goals as well.

I must admit I don't see JET, TB & SB all playing in the same starting 11 on a regular basis. Certainly not away from home anyway. If the do we will be a real attacking threat. It's still nice to have a different option though.

Exactly. Not every player can be a young one. Barnett has experience and is proven at this level. The main thing is he is the type of striker we need. It's also rare to be able to find a target man type striker that still weighs in with his fair share of goals as well.

I must admit I don't see JET, TB & SB all playing in the same starting 11 on a regular basis. Certainly not away from home anyway. If the do we will be a real attacking threat. It's still nice to have a different option though.

I remember Cotterill saying at the fans Parliament meeting when he was at QPR he went over to france to see how they played. He spoke to the manager of Montpelier HSC who virtually played 4-3-3 all season and didn't use wingers. That might be an idea Cotterill is toying with, then you would need more strikers.

I remember Cotterill saying at the fans Parliament meeting when he was at QPR he went over to france to see how they played. He spoke to the manager of Montpelier HSC who virtually played 4-3-3 all season and didn't use wingers. That might be an idea Cotterill is toying with, then you would need more strikers.

I would love it if he did use all 3. We would be very dangerous and exciting going forward. Depends if he continues with 3-5-2 and feels he can accommodate all 3 I guess.

I remember Cotterill saying at the fans Parliament meeting when he was at QPR he went over to france to see how they played. He spoke to the manager of Montpelier HSC who virtually played 4-3-3 all season and didn't use wingers. That might be an idea Cotterill is toying with, then you would need more strikers.

A successful 433 though normally depends on two good wingers and one out and out striker, rather than three strikers!

It would certainly make us a threat going forwards! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! :laugh:

Cotteril came to City with 2 eyes. Imo he knows were we have to get up our strenght, He is the gaffer and I trust him. Lots of City fans my included but in the end he is the boss. 4 games unbeaten, thinks he knows how to manege City. Sometimes you have coming to the outdoor and see things in another way. Cotteril is the right gaffer for City Imo. COYR!!!

I remember Cotterill saying at the fans Parliament meeting when he was at QPR he went over to france to see how they played. He spoke to the manager of Montpelier HSC who virtually played 4-3-3 all season and didn't use wingers. That might be an idea Cotterill is toying with, then you would need more strikers.

Shock horror, no wingers, why does that sound familiar?

Really don't see the harm of this signing. Wonder whether Cotterill will play him up front with JET and drop Baldock to the bench.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him do that for away games where we may need to be a bit more direct.

A successful 433 though normally depends on two good wingers and one out and out striker, rather than three strikers!

It would certainly make us a threat going forwards! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! :laugh:

It depends how the 4-3-3 is played as three strikers can be played if the 4-3-3 is aimed at passing through the middle, the strikers would have to link up with each other and obviously be fairly close in position to do that. The other option could be finding a forward like JET who can naturally play on the wing and cross the ball into the box and play an out wide 4-3-3, how many strikers have you seen can cross the ball and are pretty pacey.

Shock horror, no wingers, why does that sound familiar?

Joe Bryan and Wes Burns are the closest thing we have to developing wingers, although under SOD we did play JET on the wing and with a 4-3-3 if i remember. The ball ended up mostly in our own half and the defence cost us, 4-3-3 is a difficult position to defend if you give the ball away.

It depends how the 4-3-3 is played as three strikers can be played if the 4-3-3 is aimed at passing through the middle, the strikers would have to link up with each other and obviously be fairly close in position to do that. The other option could be finding a forward like JET who can naturally play on the wing and cross the ball into the box and play an out wide 4-3-3, how many strikers have you seen can cross the ball and are pretty pacey.

Joe Bryan and Wes Burns are the closest thing we have to developing wingers, although under SOD we did play JET on the wing and with a 4-3-3 if i remember. The ball ended up mostly in our own half and the defence cost us, 4-3-3 is a difficult position to defend if you give the ball away.

Where have you acquired such in depth tactical knowledge?

It can also be very effective, but you need to wide attacking players who have good postional awareness when we are on the back foot as they can drop into a 4-5-1 formation,

Archived