IGNORED

Tyrone Barnett

TomBCFCUK

I don't have a clue tbh - hoping better tacticians than I will chip in.

But, as someone else said - does this mean someone is in for JET?

Not sure. Always good to have an extra club in the bag as they say. We have little attacking wise on the bench at the moment.

What makes you think he'll play all 3?

One's captain, the other is our standout player, and I can't imagine Barnett will come here to sit on the bench if he's getting game time at Peterborough or has options elsewhere. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but based on the team Cotterill played in his first game at Tamworth (Taylor starting) it may be that he wants to play two up front but wasn't confident in Taylor's ability so had to drop that until he could bring someone else in. 

One's captain, the other is our standout player, and I can't imagine Barnett will come here to sit on the bench if he's getting game time at Peterborough or has options elsewhere. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but based on the team Cotterill played in his first game at Tamworth (Taylor starting) it may be that he wants to play two up front but wasn't confident in Taylor's ability so had to drop that until he could bring someone else in. 

SC is now the third manager to come to this conclusion.

Don't wish to lay into the lad but surely SURELY if this transfer goes through Taylor will get shipped out on loan or otherwise?

He's behind a teenager in the squad now, he's gotta know he's done here.

Didn't Barnett play when we lost to Crawley in the cup under Del? Thought he looked ok that day. Got the best out of Matt tubbs, who's pretty similar to baldock. Just a big mobile striker. Only issue for me is personality. He's one of the ones ferguson tried to bin off when him, Zakuani and that other lad went on a p!ss up after they lost. Wonder if he'll shove jet out wide now?

Any news on Myrie-Williams? Or was that just rumours?

Shame on Taylor. Always thought he looked useful. At cov he changed the game when he came on. Never lost a header and had an ok touch.

Didn't Barnett play when we lost to Crawley in the cup under Del? Thought he looked ok that day. Got the best out of Matt tubbs, who's pretty similar to baldock. Just a big mobile striker. Only issue for me is personality. He's one of the ones ferguson tried to bin off when him, Zakuani and that other lad went on a p!ss up after they lost. Wonder if he'll shove jet out wide now?

Considering he's spoken at length about making JET stay more central, I really don't see that happening.  Ipswich and Cardiff tried to do that; both failed.

Have people forgotten where we are again?? Who did people expect to sign then? Yes his attitude might be questionable but if SC can get the best out if him we have a player on our hands. Exactly the type of striker we need.

Absolutely no risk either as it's only on loan.

My worry is he is being lined up to replace jet. Hope there is no deal for a cash plus player deal after initial loan spell. I get the feeling Cottrell doesn't rate jet as much as sod! Hope I'm wrong!

Can't see JET going. If SC is going to play Baldock, JET and Barnett then I worry most for Bobby. Don't see where he fits in.

My worry is he is being lined up to replace jet. Hope there is no deal for a cash plus player deal after initial loan spell. I get the feeling Cottrell doesn't rate jet as much as sod! Hope I'm wrong!

what gives you that feeling, jet has played every game under SC, if he didn't rate him he wouldn't play him

A 6ft 3in heaver up-front would be in keeping with SCs "Land of the Giants" reputation that he had at Cheltenham. If he also signed 6ft Myrie Williams then I assume he would not play Joe or Bobby very often. That would seem to run counter to at least one of the five pillars. I, for one, think that Bobby and Joe are two of our best players and the only local lads in the team. If we don't push these two talents then why bother with an academy?

A 6ft 3in heaver up-front would be in keeping with SCs "Land of the Giants" reputation that he had at Cheltenham. If he also signed 6ft Myrie Williams then I assume he would not play Joe or Bobby very often. That would seem to run counter to at least one of the five pillars. I, for one, think that Bobby and Joe are two of our best players and the only local lads in the team. If we don't push these two talents then why bother with an academy?

How have you come to this conclusion when he has started Reid in every game and praised Bryan? Seems like people want to moan for things that haven't happened yet! The signs are good for cotts bringing in the youth IMO.

Interesting to read couple Ipswich fans opinions on Barnett...

"On another note, Tyrone Barnett had a few good touches and his hold-up play was decent" (someone who watched Rotherham v Posh in Sept)

"I was disappointed that his loan spell was curtailed, he looked a handy player in his short spell here"

I dont think his signing would mean the end of any player, we just dont have many options upfront and you do need 'different clubs in the bag'

complete tripe,

What about Wes Burns? he's coming off the bench quite a lot, and what sort of Target men do with have in the acadmey? because I don't think we have a single one,

We have no physical pressence up front and need one and this lad would fit the bill all be it only on loan

.........................................................................PARISH.............................................................................

.................................OSBORNE.........................FLINT.......................WILLIAMS.....................................

MOLONEY...................................REID............................GILLET.................................CUNNINGHAM..........................

.........................................................................JET.................................................................................................

...............................................BARNETT......................................BALDOCK.............................................................

Swapping Reid for Pack or Elliott away.

.........................................................................PARISH.............................................................................

.................................OSBORNE.........................FLINT.......................WILLIAMS.....................................

MOLONEY...................................REID............................GILLET.................................CUNNINGHAM..........................

.........................................................................JET.................................................................................................

...............................................BARNETT......................................BALDOCK.............................................................

Swapping Reid for Pack or Elliott away.

If we play this at Wolves we will get destroyed.

taken from twitter:

shit if you want to play good football, perfect for hoofball. Slow and lazy.

On his day he looks a quality player, when its not his day then he can be bloody awful

I can't believe my eyes, people want TYRONE BARNETT at their club, hahaha!

:pinch:

Archived