IGNORED

Tyrone Barnett

TomBCFCUK

Tad early to be preaching the gospel.

One thing we do know for certain...Like all managers before he will ultimately fail.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Better to enjoy it while we can though, rather than wallow in self pity because he's not making a pigs ear of it straight away, as some predicted.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Better to enjoy it while we can though, rather than wallow in self pity because he's not making a pigs ear of it straight away, as some predicted.

So much yes to this.

Best you can hope for is any manager coming in moves the club forward far enough that their eventual stagnation/failure leaves the club in a better place than when they arrived.  

Worst scenario is they don't just inhibit the club's development, but actively damage the foundations for the future, hence my belief Coppell and McInnes are the worst recent managers we've had, despite perhaps the latter having better 'on-field' stats than our last manager.

But that isn't what this thread is about, sorry!

In this day and age I guess it is VERY rare for a Manager to be "poached" from another side

Even S'OD was poached from Crawley!  Uwe Rosler, David Moyes and Roberto Martinez are other recent examples ....

I think the last time it happened to us was T*ny P**is.  We were all absolutely over the moon.  I wonder happened to him :whistle:

Naturally and, equally, like virtually ALL managers before him.

Absolutely and I'm not sure who was predicting he'd fail straight away. Most acknowledged he'll have a good start as most managers at a new club tend to. It's what he does 3 months into the job, 6 months into the job, a year into the job etc that will define whether he's a successful manager here.

Absolutely and I'm not sure who was predicting he'd fail straight away. Most acknowledged he'll have a good start as most managers at a new club tend to. It's what he does 3 months into the job, 6 months into the job, a year into the job etc that will define whether he's a successful manager here.

quite a few were and they also thought Bryan Reid and Burns would play and thought we'd be lumping 90 yard balls for 90 minutes,

the complete op has happened so far

stockhausen mentioned on twitter nothing more today or tomorrow but SC been working extremely hard and maybe more influx before the weekend.

Cant for the life of me think what we need unless we are shipping out a couple of faces...

A wide player i reckon.

stockhausen mentioned on twitter nothing more today or tomorrow but SC been working extremely hard and maybe more influx before the weekend.

Cant for the life of me think what we need unless we are shipping out a couple of faces...

Kilkenny gone makes little difference because we're pretty overloaded in centre midfield, but would like to see a winger.

If Barnett arrives, I'd say he's Harewood's replacement (and Taylor's, in a sense), but other than a winger I kind of agree about where to improve.

I'd never heard of Tyrone Barnett so I can only conclude that the pillar that supports his loan is "experience".

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. How many on OTIB have slagged the back out of players who then went on to do quite well.

Regarding posh fans not liking him. There may be an element of sour grapes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20509709

Remember also how few JET scored at Ipswich and how he was held in pretty low regard by them.

Someone with confidence, positivity, dominance and the ability to stop shots from entering the net, perhaps. .

I'd like to ship out Fielding and bring in a back up to Parish on less wages.

I'm kinda surprised that isn't on the cards; Fielding can't be satisfied being back up, and didn't we sign some young lad as 3rd choice?

Get the feeling Parish isn't the highest paid keeper, despite being first choice.

Archived