IGNORED

City V The Bantams Match Day Thread

Kid in the Riot

Bit dissappointed as felt a win was on the cards for us today, but being dissappointed with a draw against away just shows how far we have come since ditching SOD.

Onwards + upwards, COYR

Conceding in the first minute put us on the back foot, had we held them at bay for 15-20 minutes we could well have got stronger and come away with a win, as it was a draw is a decent result.

Had that happened a couple of months ago( conceding in the first minute)  we would probably have buckled under the pressure and capitulated. That the team came back and held off their pressure shows that SC has made the team more resilient now.

Decent performance for the most part, though the change in formation didn't really work for me. Wagstaff was decent, as was Reid but my MoM for City was Pack; thought he did he really good job in front of the back 4. I think we looked like we had more quality in our team than Bradford, but they were very well organised. They were also very dirty I thought- loads if little niggles and sly digs with elbows and there were a few 'robust challenges' that sailed a bit close to the wind, there was one in the 1st half on Reid that looked 2 footed to me. Other than that a reasonably entertaining game, although all the chanting and banging on the back of the stand did nothing for my hangover!

Draw a fair result in the end- both hit the post, Elliott should have scored a header in the 2nd half and Parish pulled off a cracking save so I'd say a well earned point rather than 2 dropped

I have to say -

1. Bradford City fans have to be amongst the most welcoming for a while.

2. Their radio is shocking. You'd think they overran us and loads of talk about them hitting the post and scant mention of Jet doing the same.

3. I thought we were really resolute and solid,

4. Elliott really should have scored his header.

Solid, decent point. We could have lost it, we could have won it.

Open game and yet again a really enjoyable game of football.

The revolution under Cotterill continues.

I'll see everyone at Watford!

I have to say -

1. Bradford City fans have to be amongst the most welcoming for a while.

2. Their radio is shocking. You'd think they overran us and loads of talk about them hitting the post and scant mention of Jet doing the same.

3. I thought we were really resolute and solid,

4. Elliott really should have scored his header.

Solid, decent point. We could have lost it, we could have won it.

Open game and yet again a really enjoyable game of football.

The revolution under Cotterill continues.

I'll see everyone at Watford!

hope so it's your round  ;)

Nah I think you have me mixed up with the people who actually believed they could see 'the emperors new clothes', you know the excuse writers and the feeling in me water brigade and are still in mourning and missing the dirges.

The rest of us are however in a much more pleasant place without negativity pouring out of the pre & post match press conferences every time City turned up at a match. And no more we we were really lucky to get a point off the bottom side, cos they are a really hard side to beat...crap...

On Radio Yorkshire - Phil Parkinson.

"I think we've been unlucky and you know, this isn't really a bottom 4 side. They were in the Championship last season and their front two in Emmanuel-Thomas and Baldock, their wages would probably be the same as our whole side"

Hmmmmmmm

Archived