IGNORED

Watford...

B1ackbird

Yes I was also at that game and you are correct in the fact that we had 3 sent off!

Think there would have been a pitch invasion that day if there hadn't been quite a high wall or barrier.  Fortunately a meaningless, end of season game.

Last season was a good game.  2-2 draw and reasons to be optimistic.  Still under DMC.  One of the last games before everything started going wrong.  How fast things can change .....

I can remember being in a local pub before the game packed with City.......we all ended up drinking the pub dry and had to go to the local offy to carry on! I also remember it was the height of the 'Rodney King' riots which was being shown on the TV in the pub at the time

Think there would have been a pitch invasion that day if there hadn't been quite a high wall or barrier. Fortunately a meaningless, end of season game.

Last season was a good game. 2-2 draw and reasons to be optimistic. Still under DMC. One of the last games before everything started going wrong. How fast things can change .....

True it was an end of season nothing game which made it all the more strange for us to have 3 sent off. All 3 were suspended at the beginning of the following season for bans received after this game.

True it was an end of season nothing game which made it all the more strange for us to have 3 sent off. All 3 were suspended at the beginning of the following season for bans received after this game.

I wonder what the odds were on 3 players being sent off....

I'd forgotten about the 1992 game too, the ref started sending off all our players in alphabetical order, all the 'A's! Thinking about it in hindsight, maybe there had been a bit of money changing hands in the Far East...

Before last night I hadn't been to Vicarage Rd since the 1997-1998 season when City and Watford were promoted and Shaun Goater scored a great breakaway goal in front of the huge away support.

I couldn't get my bearings last night what with one stand being missing. Were we in what used to be the home end or has that always been the away end? Only you used to have to make a bizarre walk, a mile around some allotments to get to the away end but last night I walked straight from the High Street/Ring Road in a couple of minutes.

I'd forgotten about the 1992 game too, the ref started sending off all our players in alphabetical order, all the 'A's! Thinking about it in hindsight, maybe there had been a bit of money changing hands in the Far East...

Before last night I hadn't been to Vicarage Rd since the 1997-1998 season when City and Watford were promoted and Shaun Goater scored a great breakaway goal in front of the huge away support.

I couldn't get my bearings last night what with one stand being missing. Were we in what used to be the home end or has that always been the away end? Only you used to have to make a bizarre walk, a mile around some allotments to get to the away end but last night I walked straight from the High Street/Ring Road in a couple of minutes.

You are right, the away end used to be the home end. Not sure when they swapped things around, but I've been a few times in recent years after we were promoted in 2007 and the end we were in Tuesday night has been the end we have been in.

Archived