IGNORED

Adam El Abd (Merged)

Negan

He was good when we played them last year, dominated the defence.

What are you on about? We had stead deliberately doing a job on upson last season just so the Kusazc (Ex man-U keeper spelling woeful) would pass the ball out to him. 

He was awful on the ball.

29 years old... good age for a central defender but makes me wonder how we're going to be stable if we bring in too many players who have already or are already passing their peak?

I'm sure we'll get 4 years out of him which is good but if he pushes Flint out then we lose a player who is only 24 and had a lot of room to improve.

I'm very torn with this signing, good for quick stability if he performs but if he's no better than Flint but plays it makes me think we're trading off a younger player against an older one.

I guess time will tell.

What are you on about? We had stead deliberately doing a job on upson last season just so the Kusazc (Ex man-U keeper spelling woeful) would pass the ball out to him. 

He was awful on the ball.

Did we score? 

(thinking about it we didn't really score that much anyway, so ignore me...)

Who will be making way for him then?

Osborne?

Flint?

Williams?

On the face of it a puzzling signing, with Carey, Fontaine, Brundle and even Wilson also available.

Osborne's just signed permanently, Flint will have impressed Cotterill and is improving all the time. 

Makes you wonder if perhaps there's some interest in Williams?  :dunno:

Quick someone go through the Brighton forums and paste some quotes about how bad he is and they are delighted to be rid of him....

It's just not otib without it

They actually seem to think he should be playing at championship level, and are annoyed to see him go! If its true of course

Is he right or left sided? That will be a good clue as to where he plays. SC has gone to great efforts to keep that balance even to the point of dropping Fonts in straight from his return from Yeovil.

Still two weeks of the window left to ship out some of the dead wood, we should judge it on February 1st.

Is he right or left sided? That will be a good clue as to where he plays. SC has gone to great efforts to keep that balance even to the point of dropping Fonts in straight from his return from Yeovil.

Still two weeks of the window left to ship out some of the dead wood, we should judge it on February 1st.

Have we got shot of Wilson yet?

If true then I think that's the end of Fontaine. We already have 3 solid Centre Backs in Williams, Flint and Osbourne.

Don't know much about this bloke though.

Maybe the end of Fonts or could be the end of Flint? Makes sense to have 2 left and 2 right sided centre halfs in the squad.

Is SC convinced by Flint? I don't think I am...

Maybe the end of Fonts or could be the end of Flint? Makes sense to have 2 left and 2 right sided centre halfs in the squad.

Is SC convinced by Flint? I don't think I am...

He has been singing his praises in recent games.

How about this back four ?

RB                 CB             CB            LB

Osborne      El-Abd        Flint        Williams

Anyone think that could work  

You could be on to something there. Not necessarily with Williams at LB, but with Osborne at right back, then two of the three at centre back and Cunningham at left back. 

In the Pembo presser he says the formation is suiting the players. That means SC likes the 532 - so we need 3 CB's and perhaps 3 cover CB's.

Flint, Osborne, Williams, El Abd, Fontaine, and Carey.

When Carey and Wilson go at the end of the season (although in the latter case, hopefully January), Brundle will likely step up.

Archived