IGNORED

Adam El Abd (Merged)

Negan

What a signing!! Who cares if we have Flint and Williams, this guy is an improvement on what we have here and they will learn a thing or two from him and hopefully improve themselves.

Described as a their most passionate player and a fighter by any Brighton fan you speak to. Exactly what we need. Flint and AEA will be the meanest pairing outside the top two divisions!!

I agree with this also could be a role model for up and coming centre backs

Glad you're paying attention. In fairness, as someone else has said; 2.5 years isn't ridiculous. Still seems to be a sea change in the types of signings, and I'm sure these aren't Burt's recommendations.

On the contary, SoD tried to get El Abd earlier in the season but it didn't go through and Dunk joined instead, so it would be faro to say that it is a Burt recommendation that Cotterill has accepted.

Solid signing who won't take crap from some of the players in our squad, Finally a captain and leader in the team that has been missing since Carey became a bit part player.

Just watched the interview and I like his chat already. Really like the look of this bloke, and I think he's the missing piece to our defensive jigsaw. Welcome to BCFC Adam & I can't wait to see you get stuck into those League 1 strikers. 

He's someone that you'd want in the trenches with you, and we've not had a player like that for ages. And as for those of you moaning about his age, it beggars belief. 29-33 for a CB at this level is what you want, experience and someone who'll drag us through the mud when the going get's tough. 

This guy will build your 5 pillars single handed & then ******* eat them for breakfast. 

I see it as a great signing and no doubt many other teams would have been chasing him. Going forward and by that I mean after certain players have moved on/retired, we now have 4 quality CB's which will provide SC with the comfort of knowing that even with someone injured/suspended he can continue with his favoured 3-5-3 formation. I have no doubt that Abd has been brought here with a view to making him captain and to add another piece of the jigsaw in building a squad to push for promotion next season. I firmly believe by the end of this season he will be a real fans favourite and will viewed as a very astute signing.   

I see it as a great signing and no doubt many other teams would have been chasing him. Going forward and by that I mean after certain players have moved on/retired, we now have 4 quality CB's which will provide SC with the comfort of knowing that even with someone injured/suspended he can continue with his favoured 3-5-3 formation. I have no doubt that Abd has been brought here with a view to making him captain and to add another piece of the jigsaw in building a squad to push for promotion next season. I firmly believe by the end of this season he will be a real fans favourite and will viewed as a very astute signing.

Love the sound of this 3-5-3 formation.

Alright chaps. Brighton fan here.

You have yourself a really great lad in AEA. You'll love him - a proper old fashioned centre half and the most improved player I have EVER seen at the Albion.

His winding up of opposition forwards is legendary!

No probs. Any questions just ask!

If you are still with us (and this hasn't already been asked/answered) I have two questions:

1. Is this chap the one that left a steaming, fragrant 'Welcome to Brighton' pressie for Hollowhead in the away dressing room at your play-off game last May? Or, in other words, does this El Abd chap "give a sh1t"? (Cos we've had one or two that didn't, you see). And

2. What do you mean by "old fashioned" centre half?? (I think I know what you mean but.....)

Thank you, in anticipation (if you're still with us...) (I'm not really here myself...)

Fantastic signing for you guys. A solid, loyal player who will give 100% every game. He never gives up and you will enjoy his battles with his opponents! My user name will give you a clue. Very subtle so watch out for it! A Brighton legend, he will be missed by Seagulls fans. I have no doubt he will become one of your most popular players in no time at all. I wish him all the best and will follow his progress with interest.

If you are still with us (and this hasn't already been asked/answered) I have two questions:

1. Is this chap the one that left a steaming, fragrant 'Welcome to Brighton' pressie for Hollowhead in the away dressing room at your play-off game last May? Or, in other words, does this El Abd chap "give a sh1t"? (Cos we've had one or two that didn't, you see). And

2. What do you mean by "old fashioned" centre half?? (I think I know what you mean but.....)

Thank you, in anticipation (if you're still with us...) (I'm not really here myself...)

I can answer that for you...

1) if a player did it then we can guess it was him. it hasn't actually been revealed publicly but the common thought is that Charlie oatway was the perpetrator. I would however not be surprised to find it was adam. 

2) he is heavy in tackles and wont take any crap. hes always up for a scrap and plays his heart out

On the contary, SoD tried to get El Abd earlier in the season but it didn't go through and Dunk joined instead, so it would be faro to say that it is a Burt recommendation that Cotterill has accepted.

Wasn't el adb offered to us instead of Dunk?

Really doesn't strike me as a Burt signing. Maybe El Abd was on "the list" before Burt even got here - like Flint.

I can answer that for you...

1) if a player did it then we can guess it was him. it hasn't actually been revealed publicly but the common thought is that Charlie oatway was the perpetrator. I would however not be surprised to find it was adam. 

2) he is heavy in tackles and wont take any crap. hes always up for a scrap and plays his heart out

Thank you for that. So, "he won't take any crap," you say. But he could well be the one that had a "crap" in Ollie's dressing room. Thus, he can dish it out, but he won't take it. Jolly good. That's the stuff to give them. Squat like an Egyptian, as the Bangles once put it. It would be excellent to get confirmation (as to his being the "perpetrator" of said "crap") thus ensuring cult hero status amongst us before even marshalling the defence towards their first clean sheet under Cotts. Who will ask the question? Adam Baker, what you waiting for??

Archived