IGNORED

Adam El Abd (Merged)

Negan

I'd like to welcome Adam to the club & definitely someone we need to keep the back in order imo, first step to winning is not conceding the next obviously is you need to score, got a right thug look about him, I see pride I see power I see a bad ass mo fo who won't take no **** from nobody :-)

TNBT

You are forgetting none of the players have to take and s**t from the manager, if they complain to the chairman first.

Look what happened to GJ when he had the cheek to shout at Carey and that scottish midfield-bloke with the Bentley.

Player power is bigger than the club, and that has got us where we are today: borderline league 1/2.

:winner_third_h4h:

This thread is indicative of why football clubs are run by a manager and NOT a committee.

There are pros and cons to every signing, and our defence ain't the best.

Hopefully we can get rid of Carey and Fontaine now - don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out guys ............

Harsh on Carey, yes he needs to retire/leave but will go with best wishes. Liam Fontaine of the other hand .....

On the contary, SoD tried to get El Abd earlier in the season but it didn't go through and Dunk joined instead, so it would be faro to say that it is a Burt recommendation that Cotterill has accepted.

Solid signing who won't take crap from some of the players in our squad, Finally a captain and leader in the team that has been missing since Carey became a bit part player.

please tell me you meant that! 

Think he'll(Cotterill) will switch to a back four. As an outside shot he may play him in a defensive midfield role in a 352. Alternatively SC just might not rate Flint. It's going to be interesting how the line up. I'm pleased SC appears to be adding a spine.

On the website it's says he can pass out the back so it is an option in my opinion imagine a small little guy on midfield against him and marv

Brighton fan said earlier he's never played midfield ,that bit on wikipedia ain't true. He's a centre half.

That Brighton fan must be a JCL because he has played there for a few games when we were at Withdean. Trust me you don't want to put him in there. He is ok at filling in at right back for the odd game to cover injuries but center half is where he should be played. You have a cracking signing for this level. Hardly ever gets injured.

That Brighton fan must be a JCL because he has played there for a few games when we were at Withdean. Trust me you don't want to put him in there. He is ok at filling in at right back for the odd game to cover injuries but center half is where he should be played. You have a cracking signing for this level. Hardly ever gets injured.

That's him out for the season after doing his metatarsal in his first training session then ;)

No I said, "I'd love to see him in a holding role with Pack and Reid given license to get alongside JET behind Barnett and Baldy." He holds and Pack and Reid get alongside JET.

I'm pleased you're not the manager!

You'd sign a centre half and then play him as a holding midfielder, then ask a 'sitting' midfielder (Pack) to push on as an attacking midfielder????

I'm pleased you're not the manager!

You'd sign a centre half and then play him as a holding midfielder, then ask a 'sitting' midfielder (Pack) to push on as an attacking midfielder????

Again he has played holding midfield before at Brighton as SC said. As for Pack when he played further forwards for Cheltenham he was excellent.

Again he has played holding midfield before at Brighton as SC said. As for Pack when he played further forwards for Cheltenham he was excellent.

I haven't seen anywhere that SC said he had played midfield. As far as I'm aware it was on Wikipedia and a number of Brighton fans have since confirmed he's really just a centre half.

I'm just surprised that was your first idea of how to use him. I also don't see Pack as an attacking midfielder, he hasn't got the pace or fitness. He's a good passer of the ball and he sits in front of the back four. That's his game.

I haven't seen anywhere that SC said he had played midfield. As far as I'm aware it was on Wikipedia and a number of Brighton fans have since confirmed he's really just a centre half.

I'm just surprised that was your first idea of how to use him. I also don't see Pack as an attacking midfielder, he hasn't got the pace or fitness. He's a good passer of the ball and he sits in front of the back four. That's his game.

Not my first idea and am sure he'll play centre half but if we need an enforcer then he's an animal.

Literally first thing on wiki says, "He has since been a regular in the first team squad and can play either in defence at right-back or centre-half, or in a more defensive midfield type role." (And no I didn't edit it).

He is clearly a 100% player who is very versatile.

Not my first idea and am sure he'll play centre half but if we need an enforcer then he's an animal.

Literally first thing on wiki says, "He has since been a regular in the first team squad and can play either in defence at right-back or centre-half, or in a more defensive midfield type role." (And no I didn't edit it).

He is clearly a 100% player who is very versatile.

As discussed by the brighton fans on this thread, he has played a few times at centre mid, but its not his forte. Centre back is his best position and were we will no doubt play him.

Said he can dig in at right back if so but no more. Harsh to be remembered for the Carroll clip. Embarrassing, short & and bend over in the end. If he is a footballer he should concentrate on it. We got enough clowns in this division.

As discussed by the brighton fans on this thread, he has played a few times at centre mid, but its not his forte. Centre back is his best position and were we will no doubt play him.

Totally agree but was merely saying it was an option, clearly not a popular one!

so we want a winger and another striker yet we look like bringing in another defender of which we dont need..... who is he going to replace?

hes replacing Fontaine and Carey,both nearing the end of their time here..and giving flexibility as he plays full back too..and hes orrible,and orrible we can do with..  

Archived